Teppan Edo at 6 or 7:30?

Minnie1986

Original Poster
Hi All.

If i'm trying to see the World Showcase fireworks, would it be better to make an ADR at Teppan Edo at 6 or 730; assuming the show is at 9. Where, in relation to the fireworks is Teppan Edo? Thank you!

Last edited:

belledream

You won't have a view of fireworks from Teppan Edo. The entire dining area of the restaurant is pretty much windowless. Tokyo Dining has windows but it's kind of further back from the water, unlike La Hacienda/Spice Road Table/Rose and Crown.

That being said, I would pick 6pm as the meal may take about 1.5 hours. Then you'll have time to find a spot along Showcase Lagoon, as people do start settling in their spots around 8.

Minnie1986

Original Poster
If you bring up the Walt Disney World site, search for the restaurant (or whatever), there is a little map in the bottom right corner so you can see where it is in the World. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/map/#/id=teppan-edo/

Illuminations is over the giant lake in the middle of World Showcase.

I'd also vote for the 6 pm time slot vs. 7:30. Especially if you might get dessert.
Thanks for the tip about the map. Never would've dawned on me to check that out.

DisneyJill

definitely 6. you can enjoy your dinner and not rush (which you can't really do there anyway--you're at the mercy of your hibatchi chef!) and still see fireworks. :)

Herdman

Another vote for 6:00. The only place we've ever tried to time dinner with a viewing spot for Illuminations was the Rose and Crown. We had a 7:30 there, and the server told us to just go out on the back deck when our dinner was over. It worked great. I'm seeing in another post that they apparently have an Illuminations dining package now at Rose and Crown. They obviously figured out they could charge for the viewing pleasure rather than just make it a courtesy. Can't blame them I guess.

Last edited:

imsosarah

Just be aware also...the food there is meh at best. Our local hibatchi in a strip mall was significantly better. It was one of our families least favorite meals and we LOVE Japanese food.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom