Tell me your new favorites

dreamlady85

Original Poster
Hi everyone!
I'm going back to the World on a solo trip next March. Looking for some new places to eat! Let me know what your new (or old standby) favs are! Can be TS or QS. Thanks and ready to hear some recs :)

JusticeDisney

I'm another vote for Liberty Tree Taveen for lunch. Cannot say enough good things about my recent experience there!

As for dinner, if you're looking for a relaxing evening and one of the best steaks you will ever taste (not to mention a homemade desert that will be made fresh for you as you eat your dinner), Shula's is a tremendous option!

Good luck with your selections and have a great time wherever you decide to go!

Souvenir

My favorite WDW restaurants are located outside of the parks. As I read the question, three that I can't wait to get back to jumped into my head. Il Mulino at the Swan. Bluezoo at the Dolphin. Boathouse at Disney Springs.

ChubbyK

I love having breakfast at Crystal Palace . On my last trip I had lunch at Homecoming in Disney Springs...wonderful food. Looking forward to going back as soon as possible . Best chicken ever

Simba's Mom

I've always loved LTT for lunch, Columbia Harbour House, Boma, Cali Grill, Sunshine Seasons, SciFi, Flame Tree, Mara QS at AKL.

Those are among my favorites, but they're "old" favorites, I've loved them for years. Most recently I discovered Nine Dragons is nice. For a solo trip, Coral Reef is among my favorites, because I've always gotten a tank side table when I'm solo.

NiarrNDisney

New favorites:

__TS__

Homecoming (DS)
Nomad Lounge (DAK)
Olivia's (OKW)
Splitzville (DS)

__CS__

Daily Poutine (DS)
FoodTrucks in Exposition Park (DS)
Rosie's All-American Cafe (DHS)

danyoung56

I recently had a mind blowing lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern - clam chowder, pot roast, and the always incredile Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake!

My new fav for dinner in the Hacienda de San Angel, the new-ish restaurant waterside in the Mexico pavilion. I've always had great food and great service, in a beautiful room. And for whatever reason it's not that hard to get a rez there.

Hockey89

I recently had a mind blowing lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern - clam chowder, pot roast, and the always incredile Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake!

My new fav for dinner in the Hacienda de San Angel, the new-ish restaurant waterside in the Mexico pavilion. I've always had great food and great service, in a beautiful room. And for whatever reason it's not that hard to get a rez there.
Do you live in Orlando now?

larandtra

Ill do it by park:
MK
Table: Skipper- The best table service addition to a park extremely weak on food
QS: Columbia or Pecos
DHS
Table: HBD. Even though I think it has declined as of late, its still a good meal. I consider DHS the second weakest park for food.
QS: None
Lounge: HBD Lounge is a ncie quiet and relaxing find in a maddening park.
AK
Table: Upscale is easily Tiffins, one of the best new restaurants on property. I would give Tusker a nod for being one of the best character meals.
QS: Canteen is actually pretty good.
Lounge: Nomad Lounge- My favorite place in the park and the best lounge on property in my opinion
EPCOT
Table: More choices here but I go with Via Napoli and La Hacienda. Special Nods to Tutto Italia, Garden Grille, and Chefs De France
QS: Fish and Chips
Lounge: Rose and Crown and Tutto Gusto. One has a very raucous loud atmosphere and the other is very relaxed.
SPRINGS:
Table: Boathouse is easily the best, but, Ill eat at Splitsville, House of Blues, Raglan Road and Morimoto
QS: DLuxe, Blaze, Earl, Poutine
Lounge: Raglan Road or the lounge outside, Dockside margaritas, Jock Lindseys
Resorts:
Table: In order of my favorites on property: Flying Fish , Yachtsman, Jiko, Narcoosees, Boma, Kona Cafe, Artist Point, Cali Grille, Whispering Canyon, Beaches and Cream.
QS: Not really going to have anything here
Lounge: River Roost ( You look great Bob), Trader Sams, Geyser Point, Wine Bar in AKL.

freesvoice

Ill do it by park:
MK
Table: Skipper- The best table service addition to a park extremely weak on food
QS: Columbia or Pecos
DHS
Table: HBD. Even though I think it has declined as of late, its still a good meal. I consider DHS the second weakest park for food.
QS: None
Lounge: HBD Lounge is a ncie quiet and relaxing find in a maddening park.
AK
Table: Upscale is easily Tiffins, one of the best new restaurants on property. I would give Tusker a nod for being one of the best character meals.
QS: Canteen is actually pretty good.
Lounge: Nomad Lounge- My favorite place in the park and the best lounge on property in my opinion
EPCOT
Table: More choices here but I go with Via Napoli and La Hacienda. Special Nods to Tutto Italia, Garden Grille, and Chefs De France
QS: Fish and Chips
Lounge: Rose and Crown and Tutto Gusto. One has a very raucous loud atmosphere and the other is very relaxed.
SPRINGS:
Table: Boathouse is easily the best, but, Ill eat at Splitsville, House of Blues, Raglan Road and Morimoto
QS: DLuxe, Blaze, Earl, Poutine
Lounge: Raglan Road or the lounge outside, Dockside margaritas, Jock Lindseys
Resorts:
Table: In order of my favorites on property: Flying Fish , Yachtsman, Jiko, Narcoosees, Boma, Kona Cafe, Artist Point, Cali Grille, Whispering Canyon, Beaches and Cream.
QS: Not really going to have anything here
Lounge: River Roost ( You look great Bob), Trader Sams, Geyser Point, Wine Bar in AKL.
Awesome post thank you! Question: eyeing up
Boathouse or Homecomin for a reservation for 7 people including a four year old, is boathouse too much for little kids?

Last edited:

ChubbyK

I will have to agree with Homecoming...the chicken was wonderful....and hummingbird cake for dessert ...and new " must do " for me

Pardonmypixiedust

My wife and I are st the boat wright in port Orleans riverside late October. It was amazing. Not to busy.
The cheese fritters are to die for!

Tusker house in AK is great as well

Mista C

In the 40 years that I have been going, and 100+ trips that I have taken to the Magic Kingdom, I had never eaten at Liberty Tree Tavern. We just ate there for lunch last week on our annual Holiday Kickoff trip and it was awesome! The food was great and I loved that atmosphere. It will now become a regular part of every trip for us!

DfromATX

I have a question. I'm reading a lot about Liberty Tree Tavern. I'm pretty sure I've eaten there several times, but I might be mixing it up with Columbia Harbor House. Which one has the fish & chicken baskets? Where in MK is LTT located?

belledream

Satu’li Canteen! Can not believe how much I enjoyed my salad bowl. The colors were beautiful and the taste was SO refreshing after a heavy meal after heavy meal. My mind was blown.

I have a question. I'm reading a lot about Liberty Tree Tavern. I'm pretty sure I've eaten there several times, but I might be mixing it up with Columbia Harbor House. Which one has the fish & chicken baskets? Where in MK is LTT located?
Columbia Harbor House is known for the baskets, though LTT does sometimes have a Fish and Chips on the menu.

LTT is located in Liberty Square right at the beginning/end of Frontierland. Across from the Liberty Belle and Haunted Mansion and Hall of Presidents.

CHH is in between Liberty Square and Fantasyland.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom