Tell me something is wrong please!

DABIGCHEEZ

Original Poster
Please tell me this is incorrect! Just downloaded MDE and checked wait times. The following are listed as CLOSED:

Astro Orbiter, BTMRR, Dumbo, Expedition Everest, Tough to be a Bug(I know this is refurb), Jungle Cruise, Kali Rapids, Liberty Sq Riverboat, Maharajah Trek, Pangani Trail, Primeval Whirl, SDMT, Space Mtn, Splash Mtn, Test Track, Barnstormer, Boneyard, Magic Carpets, Tomorrowland Speedway, TSI, Tricera Top Spin, Wildlife Express.

I know some are probably also being refurbed, but this list seems extensive. Like I said though, I have just downloaded this and and not sure if I need to do anything else? Other sttractions show wait times which are crazy... 60 mins for PotC! So are all these big name attraction actually closed for various reasons, or am I missing something?

Thx for the replies.

DABIGCHEEZ

Original Poster
This leads me to another FP+ question...

If I have a FP+ scheduled lets say for 12-1 and the attraction is closed from 12:30-2:30 due to weather... can I come back any time later in the day or am I SOL? The old FP system you basically could come back at any time after the start time without problems.

ratherbeinwdw

They will send you an email or text telling you which rides you can substitute for the ride that is down, or you may come back to that ride when it's back up.

FrostyNaples

They will send you an email or text telling you which rides you can substitute for the ride that is down, or you may come back to that ride when it's back up.

Its a bonus, you get to substitute your FP for something else, AND go back to that ride once it opens.

This happened to us with Space Mountain in June.

ratherbeinwdw

Its a bonus, you get to substitute your FP for something else, AND go back to that ride once it opens.

We were there in June also and we had five rides go down because of weather, and we were only allowed the sub or to come back and not both. Did they tell you in your email/text that you could do both or did you just do it?

Rob562

I'm with @ratherbeinwdw , this is the first time I've heard of double-dipping on the "wildcard" FP+ you get when a ride closes. You may have simply happened upon a system glitch or a bit of CM "magic", but it's not standard procedure.

-Rob

FrostyNaples

We were there in June also and we had five rides go down because of weather, and we were only allowed the sub or to come back and not both. Did they tell you in your email/text that you could do both or did you just do it?

The email was generic, and did not say it could happen, however, the CM @ SpaceMountain told us that if the ride did not come back up duing the initial FP+ hour stated, we could come back AFTER the time would have expired and still get in.

So this is what happened, our original SpaceMountain FP+ was 1:35 - 2:35PM, the ride was not working during this timeframe, we chose another FP+ based on the email, rode it, then AFTER 2:35PM when SpaceMountain was working again, we came back, and used our Magic Bands in the FP+ lane, and it accepted, just like the CM told us it would.

The CM did make it clear, if the ride came back online during the original hour window, the double dipping would not work.

I have no idea if this was 'supposed' to happen, or what is official, again the email did not say double dipping was allowed, the CM verbally instructed us on what to do, and it worked out.

Probably a gray area? Who knows. The magic did happen for us though :)

Rob562

The email was generic, and did not say it could happen, however, the CM @ SpaceMountain told us that if the ride did not come back up duing the initial FP+ hour stated, we could come back AFTER the time would have expired and still get in.

So this is what happened, our original SpaceMountain FP+ was 1:35 - 2:35PM, the ride was not working during this timeframe, we chose another FP+ based on the email, rode it, then AFTER 2:35PM when SpaceMountain was working again, we came back, and used our Magic Bands in the FP+ lane, and it accepted, just like the CM told us it would.

The CM did make it clear, if the ride came back online during the original hour window, the double dipping would not work.

I have no idea if this was 'supposed' to happen, or what is official, again the email did not say double dipping was allowed, the CM verbally instructed us on what to do, and it worked out.

Probably a gray area? Who knows. The magic did happen for us though :)

Hmmm... Did you choose the new FP+ attraction via the kiosk or phone app first? Or did you simply go to the attraction, scan your Band/ticket and enter the FP+ line?

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom