Tell me about Victoria and Albert's

Epcotfan21

Original Poster
Starting to look ahead to our anniversary in July and would be coming up on the 180 day mark in a couple weeks, so I was hoping anyone could give me some insight.

I know the chef's table is extremely hard to get, but what's the difference between the main room and the Queen's room? If I have the option available for either of those two, which should I choose and why?

Wife and I are big fans of California Grill, Le Cellier and Jiko, but thought V&A's would be a nice change of pace and something different to try.

Thanks for your help!

Hockey89

Starting to look ahead to our anniversary in July and would be coming up on the 180 day mark in a couple weeks, so I was hoping anyone could give me some insight.

I know the chef's table is extremely hard to get, but what's the difference between the main room and the Queen's room? If I have the option available for either of those two, which should I choose and why?

Wife and I are big fans of California Grill, Le Cellier and Jiko, but thought V&A's would be a nice change of pace and something different to try.

Thanks for your help!
it's the only world class restaurant at Disney.... Nothing else is close to it on property.... Go for the Queen's room at 500pm.... The table never turns over and there are only four tables in the room.... They stagger the res every 45 mins ( I believe), so it's great to go first... You will get about 8-10 courses in the Queen's room. It blows away the dinning room... If you are a meat and potatoes fan or have simple taste, this may not be the place for you... If you like high end Michelin type restaurants, this is the place for you.

Hockey89

Just be mindful that you are looking to spend a minimum of $300 to $500 dollars for 2 people. If that doesn't bother you, it will be one of the finest dining experiences you will have.
In the Queens room if you order a nice bottle of win, you will not get out of there for less than a 1000.... They have had on as well... Such as a5 wagyu.

docdebbi

I have been to both rooms. While the queen's room is very special, so is the main dining room. don't feel you need to be in the queen's room for it to be incredible. both are!
the Queen's room takes longer, which to me is a down side, we always need to be up early the next morning, so I actually prefer the main room, only for that reason.
you can't lose with either, trust me

Hockey89

I have been to both rooms. While the queen's room is very special, so is the main dining room. don't feel you need to be in the queen's room for it to be incredible. both are!
the Queen's room takes longer, which to me is a down side, we always need to be up early the next morning, so I actually prefer the main room, only for that reason.
you can't lose with either, trust me
If time is an issue like the above poster, it is something to consider... For sure... I would never go back to the main room after going to Queens room, but that's personal choice.

Phonedave

In a nutshell, the main dining room has fewer courses than the Queens room. The Queens room also has a number of dishes prepared (or finished) tableside (Gueridon service) - the main room does not.

I have never been rushed in the main room - service is timed very well. If you pay attenention you will see the wait staff watching (discreetly) to see when you are near finished, so they can tell the kitchen to fire the next course. (as a real waiter should)

Teh wine pairings are really the way to go (if you like wine). They are generous pours, and are decent wines. Had a really awesome/memorable dish and wine last time. Dover Sole (from the English Channel, not that stuff from Washington State) with Toasted Capers and a Preserved Meyer Lemon sauce (Meyer lemons grown in the chefs backyard) paired with a Domaine de la Solitude Chateauneuf-du-Pape Blanc (yes, Blanc). I think there was a $30 upcharge on that dish - but hey, Dover Sole - it was worth it.

They do a nice job with the pairings, and the price is right.

-dave

Tony the Tigger

Thanks for this thread - working on the same idea for our 10-year in Sept 2017. Taking a whole year to save up LOL - please let us know how this goes in July!!

JusticeDisney

Simply put, it's one of the most over-rated restaurants I have ever been to. It attempts to hold itself out as so much better than it actually is. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the place is terrible, because it is not. At the same time, however, it is nowhere even close to the best restaurant on property.

Tony the Tigger

Simply put, it's one of the most over-rated restaurants I have ever been to. It attempts to hold itself out as so much better than it actually is. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the place is terrible, because it is not. At the same time, however, it is nowhere even close to the best restaurant on property.

Can you be more specific? I'm having a hard time believing that unless it just doesn't match up with your preferences/expectations, which is entirely possible, and doesn't make either of you "wrong."

The best meal I've had on property thus far has been at the Flying Fish with the wine pairing. Some people hate the Flying Fish. Just trying to see if we are on the same page or not.

JusticeDisney

Well, in hindsight, maybe my statements were a bit too harsh. I have found the food to be very good, but not great. I also found the portions to be on the smaller side. And I also found the service to be not what should be expected for such a price. Again, maybe I was too harsh with my original comments, but personally I am in no rush to go back. Just my 2 cents though.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
So, in your opinion, which one is the best? :confused:

Oh, and we don't share your opinion at all. We have eaten there many times, and it is, by far, the best restaurant on or off property in that area.

Bparso87

It is great but find it to be a little overpriced I don't mind paying good money for great food but my last meal was close to a 1,000 for 2 people. I think it should be closer to 700 for what I paid for but still a great experience

Tony the Tigger

OK you're both really cool LOL.

I guess at least a couple of us are just trying to figure out how "overboard" to go for a special occasion. For the price of this meal, you can get a nice TV and the computer LOL.

That said, one of the main reasons we go to Disney World is the better restaurants. I don't think I would go to this particular restaurant on a random Tuesday – but it seems like the ultimate for a milestone like a 10 year anniversary.

It definitely becomes a question of affordability for me. I'm giving myself a year to save up money and Disney Visa® Card from Chase Points. Aside from the chefs table, I didn't realize there was that big a difference between one dining area and the other.

I know what a huge difference wine pairings have made at previous dinners, so I would really like to throw that in if we can swing it.

Lump into all this the fact that I'm trying to hopefully rent DVC points to get a room at the grand Floridian – we usually stay at moderate resorts if we stay on property, so all of this is quite a splurge.

It's nice to hear from others – good and bad – to try to get an idea as to whether it is likely to turn out to be very memorable and worth it or slightly disappointing.

Our favorite anniversary dinners prior have been at the flying fish with wine pairings, yachtsman steakhouse, and Monsieur Paul.

Any of those would be considerably less expensive and we could conceivably splurge at a venue more in line with those and still spend a lot less than we would at Victoria and Albert's.

But then we wouldn't be eating at Victoria and Albert's LOL. When you want to do something special, you do something special.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom