Tell me about the property at Hilton Head.

eliza61nyc

Original Poster
lol someone on my job wants to plan a trip for next year to Hilton Head. She's actually narrowing down beach spots to retire at. anyhoo, I remembered dvc at Hilton Head and thought to myself, maybe I'd go with her and get some beach time.

Anyone go regularly? 18 years owning and never been here or Vero beach.

slappy magoo

It's spread out, it's low-key, it's not overly Disney-fied. Not quite rustic but not a slick modern timeshare either. You're next door to the marina so to get to the beach without your own car or the internal shuttle can be a trek (in other words, you COULD walk, but would you want to?). There is no on-site sit down restaurant, but being next door to the marina, there are plenty of restaurants within a 5-10 minute walk.

The beach and beach house are both lovely. There's a small pool at the beach house as well, as well as a bar and small grill.

The main building will have plenty of activities, including campfire singalongs and the occasional outdoor movie.

And being a tourist area in its own right, there is plenty of stuff nearby and a short drive away, sightseeing to do, golf if you play, miniature golf if you like to enjoy golf...you won't be bored if you need activities but it's also incredibly easy to just pend the day at the beach, in the water or just napping under an umbrella.

Simba's Mom

We've been there at least 15 times. It's very different from Walt Disney World in that-little planning, no FP+, very relaxing. Cast Members are excellent. Our favorite resort.

DisDadWoz

Has very subtle Disney décor. You know you're at a Disney property but not in your face. Very relaxing if that is what you're looking for. No sit down dining, but you can walk across to the Marina area or cab/drive a little further out. We did not like the long way to the beach. We walked once and it's a hike. Doable if you like to walk but not recommended. You can also rent a bike. We much rather go to Vero Beach to be right on the water and it's far less crowded. Hilton Head is also a very short trip to Savannah to do some sightseeing as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom