Teen denied entry to AK for outfit....

crispy

No one said you couldn't wear the costume. Obviously you can wear it, just don't wear it to the parks. There would be so much confusion going on between the little ones if the parks allowed adults to dress up as their favorite characters. I said it earlier, there is only one Tinkerbell. Only one Mickey, one Minnie, one Belle, one Jasmine, one Aladdin, etc. Save the costume for Halloween. Speaking of that, I was working a Halloween party one night at Disneyland and this woman was dressed as Cinderella and her mother, I'm assuming, was dressed as the Fairy Godmother. Their costumes looked so real and legit I even did a double take. Pretty soon they had formed their own autograph and photo line because there were at least five kids who believed they were the real Cinderella and Fairy Godmother, and they were willingly giving these kids hugs, just like the cast members. Imagine if guests did this everyday. It just wouldn't work.

To add to this Tinkerbell is supposed to be tiny. When you visit with her, the CMs make a big deal of the guests shrinking so that you can visit with Tinkerbell and the other fairies (my oldest daughter was a but freaked out at the thought of shrinking to fairy size). An adult size Tinkerbell goes against the storyline they have created for her.

mickey2008.1

Then don 't sell merchandise over 8 years old! Dont sell the hats, shirts, and COSTUMES if you do not want it in the parks! That is my daughter, that is me and my son, and you have made a judgement that says we are not worthy of disney because we dont act or accept the rules of your disney. It's people on her that make WDW look like crap! It's a place of fun, freedom from reality, and imagination.

slappy magoo

uh, the reasons have been given multiple times already in this thread.

And if that was your daughter tugging the sword earlier in the thread, she looks nothing like an actual employee playing tinkerbell. And if the pic of the guy in the pirate hat was you, then its the same issue. Just a dude in a pirate hat. Not going to be mistaken for an employee.

magic ruiner!!! Ruiner of magic!!!

InLikeFlynn

Can you not see why they would not want park guests confusing a 15 year old guest for the official character? I doubt this girl was going to be "in character" the whole time and even if she was, I doubt her idea of Tinkerbell's "character" is anything close to what Disney's official character has.

Can't believe there's a debate on this.

Actually....I always thought Tink was a bit of a brat.....

theRIOT

It's funny that today they ban a 15-year-old from dressing as Tinker Bell, but 6 days a grown woman was was able to walk around in full Snow White witch garb during SWSA's final day.

If rules are rules, enforce them upon everyone.

WDW1974

Here is a question I haven't seen anyone post yet... Will Disney now stop Lou Mongello from infringing on their IP???? Doubtful since he is one of their, um what is 74's word for it??? LOL.... I dunno if I want to use the W word in a thread where a 15 year old chick was practically called slutty...

Nah. Disney will pay to fly Lou to Anaheim, put him up at the Grand for a week, feed and booze him for a week, hand him all sorts of DCA 2.0 Opening swag and treat an insignificant online as someone of import.

As to the OP, I am VERY sad to see what went down at Disney as Lee and I were also planning on going dressed as Peter Pan and Tink ... now, we're gonna have to rethink that one.:ROFLOL:

Mimi

Then don 't sell merchandise over 8 years old! Dont sell the hats, shirts, and COSTUMES if you do not want it in the parks! That is my daughter, that is me and my son, and you have made a judgement that says we are not worthy of disney because we dont act or accept the rules of your disney. It's people on her that make WDW look like crap! It's a place of fun, freedom from reality, and imagination.

Seriously dude? You seem to be acting more dramatic than the 15 year old girl. Calm down.

Your family's outfits look very cute but you can in no way be mistaken for official Disney characters. Also, no one is passing judgment on you, although you may want to invest in a dictionary.

Finally, I didn't notice that anyone wrote you are unworthy of Disney but since you profess that you do not accept the rules of Disney, let me be the first. How can you blantantly disrespect a place you love (I assume you love it because you are a member of this site)? I think most of us believe WDW is about magic and it is known to be a place made for children of all ages but not at the expense of ruining the magic for other kids.

Captain Chaos

Nah. Disney will pay to fly Lou to Anaheim, put him up at the Grand for a week, feed and booze him for a week, hand him all sorts of DCA 2.0 Opening swag and treat an insignificant online as someone of import.

As to the OP, I am VERY sad to see what went down at Disney as Lee and I were also planning on going dressed as Peter Pan and Tink ... now, we're gonna have to rethink that one.:ROFLOL:

Ohh, and this thread reminds me... a few years ago, I was down in the World for MNSSHP... We were heading over to MK from Contemporary.. We were waiting in the lobby for a friend to show up when a family of four came off the escalator... We had to take a double look because, well, the husband and wife were dressed as Tink and Peter... The husband was Tink, complete with heels (yes, the man wore heels) and green balloons for his well endowed chest... I know my friend took a picture, and I think I have it on a disk here somewhere, I'll have to look for it and upload the picture if I do have one... The guy was more than willing to pose for pictures, but I doubt anyone would mistake him for Disney's official Tink LOL...

flavious27

Too old and way too done up. If you want to dress like a disney character and be at disney, go during halloween when you can walk around anywhere in costume.

Are you under the assumption that this is some kind of outfit Disney sold? Watch the news story again, see the differences between the two outfits (especially in terms of their cut, what gets revealed and how much of it), and that will probably dissuade you from that notion.

This is the only dress that they sell on-line. Largest size is 10, which would be for someone that is 8 or 9.

I guess she doesn't know WDW as well as we do:shrug: or a member of this forum:ROFLOL: at least WDW accommodated them with free clothes her loss if she didn't take them......not everyday WDW gives free stuff.

You don't need to be a wdw fan, you just need common sense.

Sounds like the newest scam to me.
Might be the only way to ride Soarin' this July - show up as your favourite Disney character. And free clothes too.

In the future, Disney should just turn these folks away. Period. No free swag. No perks. Buh - bye.

Well she was at dak, so I doubt the FPs were that good. Oh, Dinosaur!

Will heads roll at Hollywood Studios for letting her in??? :lookaroun I'd hate to be that person. :lol:

Someone is going to stuck doing parade duty.

John

What I want to know is who was going to be Tink and who was going as Peter?

hrcollectibles

I think my friend Chris Hansen may want to have a word with you..

I too smell a lawsuit very soon, probably for emotional damages...Save the dressing up for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
O wad some Power the giftie gie us
To see oursels as ithers see us!
It wad frae monie a blunder free us,
An' foolish notion:
What airs in dress an' gait wad lea'e us,
An' ev'n devotion!

Cornballman

I can't believe no one has talked about the fact she claims to have gotten up at 4 AM to do 2 hours of makeup and 1 hour of hair! There is no way it should have taken that long for a couple of leaves off her eyes and her hair in a bun! C'mon! It doesn't take that long to get someone ready for a wedding! :drevil:

That being said, common sense was obviously not used when she dressed up, and I think Disney offering her these things will only lead to more people trying to do it to get free merch!@ :shrug:

mikeymouse

I think its cool, but they don't want park guests to think they are CM's. She was definitely way too upset about this. Its policy. Take it or leave it. At least she got some free WDW merch. T-shirts alone are $30 now!

WDWLOYAL1971

Disney did the right thing. I understand she was heartbroken but I wouldn't want my little one confusing them for the real characters. Disney's character go through certain training particularly to enhance a child's experience.

captainkidd

Disney did the right thing. I understand she was heartbroken but I wouldn't want my little one confusing them for the real characters. Disney's character go through certain training particularly to enhance a child's experience.

I don't understand her being heartbroken. She's 15 years old, not 5. She needs to grow up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom