Team Prospero Brainstorming Thread - Project Ten: The Great Literature Ride

Outbound

Oh, yes! Here's the link again. Also, I meant to say I'll post it later in the hub, so in the meantime, folks can have a chance to look it over.

Looking great! One suggestion for formatting, most judges really like when the text is centered. Though I don't have a preference, I say we stick with what works.

Besides that, I have nothing but praise for this project. It was a really cool prompt and we all gave it 100%. I'd rank it as S-Tier in the season so far.

goofyyukyuk

Did we decide which romance one to choose between Gatsby and Pride and Prejudice or are we wanting to combine them?
Looking great! One suggestion for formatting, most judges really like when the text is centered. Though I don't have a preference, I say we stick with what works.

Besides that, I have nothing but praise for this project. It was a really cool prompt and we all gave it 100%. I'd rank it as S-Tier in the season so far.
Agreed... one of the best projects of the season from what I can remember! Kudos to Dash for stepping up in leadership and doing a fantastic job!

DashHaber

Did we decide which romance one to choose between Gatsby and Pride and Prejudice or are we wanting to combine them?
I decided to use both, as the redesign for Pride and Prejudice and the length of The Great Gatsby portion offer two smaller pieces that can fit together well while still feeling smaller in scope.

I had not realized that, so thanks for the tip.

Outbound

And it's now submitted!

Thank you, everyone! You all leaped to this idea with such passion and drive!

The final post looks great! I just realized that the Writers Club segment lost a bit of the text in the translation. Could you copy-paste it into the bottom?

• Tolkien brings the One Ring. He proceeds to trick whoever opens it into thinking this is a real thing and they now have to go Volcano Bay to destroy it.
  • Dr. Suess brings a Thneed, proclaiming it will accomplish whatever you need.
  • Maya Angelou brings a history book, the only actually useful gift out there. She explains it to help “catch everyone up” to present times.
The White Elephant is completely unscripted. Any actor may choose any gift (asides from their own) and their reactions to the gift may be different each time.

Asides from just the White Elephant, the following scripted events will occur at the party:
  • Homer and Luo Guanzhong reimagine Holiday Stories in the same style as Greek and Chinese storytelling, respectively.
  • Jane Austin attempts to teach Lovecraft how to ballroom dance. Both continually find ways to smartly insult the other.
  • Mark Twain dresses up as Santa Claus and sings a few Christmas songs before the crowd, after which he leaves and returns claiming he just saw Santa and has no idea who he could have been.
  • Depending on who won the club election most last party (Tolkien or Shelley) the President goes around asking for guests’ favorite authors asides from them, for “feedback” on potential future members. This information is then used by Universal to determine if any changes should be made to the Writer’s Club.
  • Maya Angelou helps raise money for charities helping provide gifts for families that cannot afford the holidays.
Alongside these scripted events are countless improvisational skits and dialogues for guests to interact with. Feel free to drop in and out as the night continues.

Overall, the Writers Club at the Backwater Bar is an awesome little experience tucked away right across the Legends of Literature Dark Ride. This small piece of worldbuilding will tie the Port of Entry together, as well as teach guests real histories of real amazing individuals: all tied to the wonderful world of literature.

Beyond that, great work! @DashHaber you did a fantastic job as our project manager. Awesome to have the project complete with so much time.

DashHaber

The final post looks great! I just realized that the Writers Club segment lost a bit of the text in the translation. Could you copy-paste it into the bottom?

• Tolkien brings the One Ring. He proceeds to trick whoever opens it into thinking this is a real thing and they now have to go Volcano Bay to destroy it.
  • Dr. Suess brings a Thneed, proclaiming it will accomplish whatever you need.
  • Maya Angelou brings a history book, the only actually useful gift out there. She explains it to help “catch everyone up” to present times.
The White Elephant is completely unscripted. Any actor may choose any gift (asides from their own) and their reactions to the gift may be different each time.

Asides from just the White Elephant, the following scripted events will occur at the party:
  • Homer and Luo Guanzhong reimagine Holiday Stories in the same style as Greek and Chinese storytelling, respectively.
  • Jane Austin attempts to teach Lovecraft how to ballroom dance. Both continually find ways to smartly insult the other.
  • Mark Twain dresses up as Santa Claus and sings a few Christmas songs before the crowd, after which he leaves and returns claiming he just saw Santa and has no idea who he could have been.
  • Depending on who won the club election most last party (Tolkien or Shelley) the President goes around asking for guests’ favorite authors asides from them, for “feedback” on potential future members. This information is then used by Universal to determine if any changes should be made to the Writer’s Club.
  • Maya Angelou helps raise money for charities helping provide gifts for families that cannot afford the holidays.
Alongside these scripted events are countless improvisational skits and dialogues for guests to interact with. Feel free to drop in and out as the night continues.

Overall, the Writers Club at the Backwater Bar is an awesome little experience tucked away right across the Legends of Literature Dark Ride. This small piece of worldbuilding will tie the Port of Entry together, as well as teach guests real histories of real amazing individuals: all tied to the wonderful world of literature.

Beyond that, great work! @DashHaber you did a fantastic job as our project manager. Awesome to have the project complete with so much time.
Thanks for the head's-up! Just got that stuff in!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom