Team Orbis Brainstorming Thread - Project Two: The Golf War

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
There’s only 5 of us? I don’t remember seeing anyone drop out.

BasketBuddy01 was part of our team. I hope he's doing well!
@TheOriginalTiki @mickeyfan5534

Hey guys, figured it was only a matter of time before I had to make this announcement, but regrettably, I can't continue participating in the comp, as too many real-life obstacles have impeded on my ability to make a sufficient impact on the game. It wouldn't be fair to any current or future teammates to give them only a shell of my full self, so in the interest of cutting off any dead weight, I have to resign from the competition. I'm glad I got through the first four challenges, as it gave me a chance to spread my wings some. Thanks to all the judges and participants; your passion and dedication for armchair Imagineering is always what keeps me coming back for more.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
I think we got a great outline!

I'd love to see us use a lot of vertical movement. Maybe suspension bridges between some of the holes. We could include some things like holes "made" of clouds. Spiral staircase up a beanstalk to get to a group of holes. Knock the balls over a rainbow bridge. Lots of great options with a sky theme before we even get to space or IP!

AceAstro

I think we got a great outline!

I'd love to see us use a lot of vertical movement. Maybe suspension bridges between some of the holes. We could include some things like holes "made" of clouds. Spiral staircase up a beanstalk to get to a group of holes. Knock the balls over a rainbow bridge. Lots of great options with a sky theme before we even get to space or IP!
A rainbow bridge 😍😍

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
We don't need to create a transition from either the Land and Sea courses, right? My understanding of the prompt is that it's basically the Fantasia Fairways and Gardens mini-golf course at WDW where either course is standalone from each other (other than sharing the same concept). Is this right, @TheOriginalTiki and @mickeyfan5534?

I agree with @Pi on my Cake that there should be elevated elements to our course given our subtheme. I also see our course to be the "Fairways" of Fantasia Fairways and Gardens because it would be more challenging than the other two courses. With that in mind, why not design the course around the adventure of flight/aviation as told by myths and history? We can include scenarios where the golf ball has to travel to the hole via a miniature hot air balloon that activates at random or have the ball "bounce" from kite to kite (using airjets) to reach the hole. I'm no Physics major so I can't guarantee for its realism, but it's fun creating scenarios involving air!

Last edited:

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
What might be a more realistic take on the same basic kite idea would be a cannon. It could have some From Earth to the Moon vibes where we shoot the golf ball into a steampunk cannon and then it shoots it into a moon shaped target. It could serve as a transition from sky to space.

The kites could be real simple. Knock the ball into a kit shaped trampoline and bounce it into a target. Closer to the center, the closer it will wind up getting to the hole! Sorta like this old toy...

1591205645006.png

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
We don't need to create a transition from either the Land and Sea courses, right? My understanding of the prompt is that it's basically the Fantasia Fairways and Gardens mini-golf course at WDW where either course is standalone from each other (other than sharing the same concept). Is this right, @TheOriginalTiki and @mickeyfan5534?

Transitions aren't required, but aren't discouraged either.

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
How about the others? Do you guys have other concepts in mind? @gam3rprincess @Pufflefan @AceAstro

Transitions aren't required, but aren't discouraged either.

Got it! Then again, we don't know if the other teams are sticking with this proposed layout from team Citra in terms of the layout of the whole complex. My visualization is that each course is in a different section entirely (much like how the Fantasia Fairways and Gardens are set up).
I think that's a smart way to go about it. What if the mountain is the overall golfland weanie? Then Sea and Sky are wrapping around the Land course. Here's a rough map.

View attachment 474268

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
How about the others? Do you guys have other concepts in mind? @gam3rprincess @Pufflefan @AceAstro

Got it! Then again, we don't know if the other teams are sticking with this proposed layout from team Citra in terms of the layout of the whole complex. My visualization is that each course is in a different section entirely (much like how the Fantasia Fairways and Gardens are set up).
I like that as a simple rough layout. And a mountain to wrap around makes it easy for us to have elevated holes

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
I like that as a simple rough layout. And a mountain to wrap around makes it easy for us to have elevated holes

I think we should leave that up for the team leaders if they'll adopt Team Citra's proposed layout for the entire golfing complex. For now, I think we can explore other concepts so when Pix goes online, they'll be able to see what we've come up with. Sounds good, everyone? @Pi on my Cake @Pufflefan @AceAstro

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom