Team Horizons Work Thread - Fantasyland Pt. 1

mickeyfan5534

Original Poster
OK, we need to do Fantasyland now. We need as always,
"it's a small world" as our reimagined attraction.
ONE quick service restraunt
TWO shops
TWO Meet and Greets
NO MORE THAN 12 CLONES (park wide(most of them will be in Fantasyland))

So, who wants to do the castle first?

Thrill

I was thinking that we could split Fantasyland into two parts, kind of like what they are doing with the WDW Fantasyland expansion (the medieval fair and forest). We can have a village or medieval fair and then have a Fantasia themed area.

A few brief ideas for Fantasia:
-A Night on Bald Mountain themed roller-coaster, similar to Expedition Everest
-Sorcerer Mickey meet and greet
-Rite of Spring nighttime spectacular
-The Nutcracker Suite dark ride

I have another idea which would probably end up going into the Fantasia section, as it is based on the upcoming Epic Mickey video game, which takes place in Yen sid's house. I'll edit this post later with some specifics.

Village/Fair:
-Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
-Dumbo
-Mary Poppins dark ride
-Storybookland
-Carousel
-it's a small world

EDIT: Just noticed that we have the green light for the park icon. Adv and I were thinking of doing a Beauty and the Beast castle, with a dark ride inside. Maybe a mountain, but it's incredibly risky, considering the mountain would need to avoid conflicts with every land, which is not easy at all. Any opinions?

Thrill

I want to start getting some ideas down for "it's a small world" now that we have a general idea of the icon. I was thinking that we could change the doll AAs for life-like AAs, allowing the attraction to capture more culture. We should definitely change up the vehicles as well. Omnimovers might be a good fit for this. The only problem is that the changes might make the ride a worse fit for the current concept of Fantasyland (fair or village), which is going to need to be addressed at some point.

adv.bluedude

I want to start getting some ideas down for "it's a small world" now that we have a general idea of the icon. I was thinking that we could change the doll AAs for life-like AAs, allowing the attraction to capture more culture. We should definitely change up the vehicles as well. Omnimovers might be a good fit for this. The only problem is that the changes might make the ride a worse fit for the current concept of Fantasyland (fair or village), which is going to need to be addressed at some point.

I would say it all depends on what you mean by life-like AAs. I think that we should keep the doll look(though that doesnt mean that they could have more movement). Just my thoughts though

mickeyfan5534

Original Poster
Just NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Disney chracters in the ride and we may get extra points for inculding a clock parade.

Thrill

I would say it all depends on what you mean by life-like AAs. I think that we should keep the doll look(though that doesnt mean that they could have more movement). Just my thoughts though

I am having problems coming up with ideas that don't involve taking the art style away. When I said life-like, I meant Spaceship Earth-styled AAs. Not saying that I would like to take everything whimsical from the attraction, but we can do that in a World of Motion-like manner.

adv.bluedude

I am having problems coming up with ideas that don't involve taking the art style away. When I said life-like, I meant Spaceship Earth-styled AAs. Not saying that I would like to take everything whimsical from the attraction, but we can do that in a World of Motion-like manner.

I would personally stay with the keep with the dolls mainly because that style(which i believe some people consider art) gives the ride it's identity. Changing that would make it something that's not it's a small world. We dont want to do to IASW what TDO did to EPCOT now do we? :p

Thrill

Just now, an idea hit me. Instead of having an Epcot-styled it's a small world dark ride, we can keep the Mary Blair art style and turn it into an AA show. It's a much better fit for Fantasyland, and it goes far enough to be considered "re-Imagineered,.

mickeyfan5534

Original Poster
Well how about the clock parade I mentioned earlier, how would we do that with the show. Also it would be kinda hard to make small world into a show. Maybe it can be similar to Tokyo Disneyland's old shows that were done in front of Small World (a la: Mickey Mouse Club show, It's a Musical World) With Mickey and Friends doing various musical numbers from different countries.

TrevorA

In the Parks
Yes
We seems to be having problems with commitment of this team and Team Seabase Alpha. Please let me know if you still want to play, we're going to merge the two groups.

So far, we have commitments from the following:

adv.bluedude
Thrill

Please let us know if you still want to play.

---TrevorA

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom