Team Citra Brainstorming Thread - Project Two: The Golf War

DashHaber

The different holes can be themed to the ruins of Atlantis (maybe a Poseidon statue), a pirate ship, mermaid lagoon (Ariel?), and a sea serpent or kraken.
Oh, definitely. Perhaps the 17th hole could be the Kraken guarding the entrance to that treasure hoard, while the 18th hole brings us into the cavern where there's mountains of coins and jewels.

Sharon&Susan

@Sharon&Susan , you seem pretty passionate about this project. Would you like to be team leader?
Sure, I'll step up to the role, unlike last week I'm not a time crunch.

Ok. It's about to be Wednesday for you guys. We need to really get to work. We need a theme and a team leader. I have zero idea what to do for a sea theme? Does anyone have any ideas for the course?

We also still need a team leader. Again, I don't want to take it because I'd rather do it for a project I'm more passionate about, but if no one else is willing to step up, I can take it. We need to figure this out like now.
My main ideas are:
1. Explore the ruins of Atlantis, solve the puzzles/holes to discover once and for all what sunk Alantis.

2. Go from island to island in a Polynesian inspired wonderland. It'll start out at a becah and end inside a volcano.

Other ideas: Mini golf inside the Nautilus? Little Mermaid is also an option, even if its a bit overused.

Sharon&Susan

Looks like Team Durango wants to work with the sea theme as well.

I'd prefer to stick with the sea theme, but we could make it easy and work with the land instead (which is unclaimed so far) or maybe we could try to compromise with the other team and figure something out.

I don't want to throw away any of the ideas so far, but I have faith in this team to make the right choice.

NigelChanning

I'd prefer to stick with the sea theme, but we could make it easy and work with the land instead (which is unclaimed so far) or maybe we could try to compromise with the other team and figure something out.

I don't want to throw away any of the ideas so far, but I have faith in this team to make the right choice.
I would prefer to stick with the Sea theme. But if the team decides otherwise, it’s not a huge deal

DashHaber

We could still work with some of our ideas for the Land theme. For example, a treasure hunt that takes golfers through a perilous jungle and dangerous desert, bringing us through ancient ruins.

Sharon&Susan

For now let's settle on land and start brainstorming around that.

Building a mini golf course around a mountain is my first idea that really came to me. Other than just being a Disney staple, going further up the mountain after every hole would be a great way to show progress and at the last hole give a sense of accomplishment.

Lot of varied sights that you can do with a mountain, rock formations, caves and even seemingly perilous cliffs.

Plus it could also be the main, central icon of the park, and be a big attention grabber.

DashHaber

For now let's settle on land and start brainstorming around that.

Building a mini golf course around a mountain is my first idea that really came to me. Other than just being a Disney staple, going further up the mountain after every hole would be a great way to show progress and at the last hole give a sense of accomplishment.

Lot of varied sights that you can do with a mountain, rock formations, caves and even seemingly perilous cliffs.

Plus it could also be the main, central icon of the park, and be a big attention grabber.
I know I mentioned the treasure hunt idea, but a mountain would offer a great visual for mini-golfers. Working their way up, navigating the obstacles and treacherous terrain until they reach the peak.

Outbound

I know I mentioned the treasure hunt idea, but a mountain would offer a great visual for mini-golfers. Working their way up, navigating the obstacles and treacherous terrain until they reach the peak.

I think that's a smart way to go about it. What if the mountain is the overall golfland weanie? Then Sea and Sky are wrapping around the Land course. Here's a rough map.

PossibleMap.png

NigelChanning

Are we thinking something like this?
ABA72D42-831C-4975-B7D1-DC50C14F7A98.jpeg

I think it’d be fun to have a snow covered area and maybe the course can be loosely themed around Brother Bear? The beginning of the course shows a cave painting of a bear light up and a mystical light (fiber optics) guide you to each hole as you embrace the sights and sounds of nature.

Sharon&Susan

Another idea, what if one-half of the mountain was themed to winter and the other half to summer? You could explain it as a curse brought upon by the local villagers or even tie it in to Greek mythology with Hades and Persephone.

The golf ball could be the solution to the problem, call it the Unmelting Snowball, that will bring unity and break the curse.

JokersWild

Another idea, what if one-half of the mountain was themed to winter and the other half to summer? You could explain it as a curse brought upon by the local villagers or even tie it in to Greek mythology with Hades and Persephone.

The golf ball could be the solution to the problem, call it the Unmelting Snowball, that will bring unity and break the curse.
Winter/ summer minigolf has already been done by Disney.

I'm totally cool with Atlantis. It could be cool having it indoor and outdoor, with ruins/ research equipment then transitioning into Atlantis/ gods/ magic and the like.

Sharon&Susan

Winter/ summer minigolf has already been done by Disney.

I'm totally cool with Atlantis. It could be cool having it indoor and outdoor, with ruins/ research equipment then transitioning into Atlantis/ gods/ magic and the like.
Oops, I'm not super familiar with the resorts/water parks at WDW. I'm more of a Disneyland guy, so if I'm ripping anything off it's Santa's Beach Blast. /s

BTW

Just want to check that everyone's no. 1 choice is still water. I'm leaning more towards land than I was a day ago, but I'm willing to figure something out with @Outbound if everyone else agrees that water is still the best choice.

DashHaber

Oops, I'm not super familiar with the resorts/water parks at WDW. I'm more of a Disneyland guy, so if I'm ripping anything off it's Santa's Beach Blast. /s

BTW

Just want to check that everyone's no. 1 choice is still water. I'm leaning more towards land than I was a day ago, but I'm willing to figure something out with @Outbound if everyone else agrees that water is still the best choice.
While Sea does provide plenty of ample variety, I'm leaning more towards Land myself. No one else is really leaping at it, and something like that can offer more room to really play with and figure something out, versus just the quick and easy ideas.

Sharon&Susan

Now that we've settled on the broad theme, let's start handing out positions!

This doesn't mean an end to broad brainstorming, if you think have a better idea than Atlantis or any of the ideas presented up in this thread to this point, please share it!

Hole Design
-Holes 1-6- @DashHaber
-Holes 7-12- @NigelChanning09
-Holes 13-18- @Brer Panther

Story and Presentation
-Backstory, Intro and Conclusion @JokersWild
-Map and Concept Art- @Sharon&Susan (Me)
-Editor and Compiler/Final Presentation Creator- @Sharon&Susan (Me)

Red-Unclaimed
Yellow-In Progress
Green- Finished

Please try to sign up by the end of today and finish your part by 1PM EST/10 AM PST June 5th to give time for the editor and compiler plenty of time to finish his/her part.

Last edited:

NigelChanning

Now that we've settled on the broad theme, let's start handing out positions!

This doesn't mean an end to broad brainstorming, if you think have a better idea than Atlantis or any of the ideas presented up in this thread to this point, please share it!

Hole Design
-Holes 1-6
-Holes 7-12
-Holes 13-18

Story and Presentation
-Backstory, Intro and Conclusion
-Map and Concept Art
-Editor and Compiler/Final Presentation Creator

Red
-Unclaimed
Yellow-In Progress
Green- Finished

Please try to sign up by the end of today and finish your part by 1PM EST/10 AM PST June 5th to give time for the editor and compiler plenty of time to finish his/her part.
I’ll take Holes 7-12

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom