Team Citra Brainstorming Thread - Project Two: The Golf War

JokersWild

Maybe themed to regions of the world? The Americas, Asia, Africa or Europe
I like that idea, but I literally grew up going to a minigolf course that was exactly that, haha.

Also, personally I’d like to stay away from IPs. If we find one that everyone is super set on that’s totally fine, but that’s where I’m at right now.

DashHaber

That sounds super cool. I really like it.

I do have an outline for time travel, and I promise that there are no miniature landmarks ;). I’ll get it posted when I get back from work.
Thank you. I tried to come up with something that wasn't just a riff on what had been mentioned before, and the idea struck me. There's plenty of iconic imagery that comes with a carnival or circus for us to play around with, and the order of midway to side show to big top feels like it offer a sort of flow and story, from first arriving into the midway to taking in the sights of the main circus performance.

Outbound

So upon discussing today, it seems the two main ideas are
1. Land / Sea / Space (or Sky)
2. Yesterday / Tomorrow / Fantasy (or Present)

I have created a Google Doc for us to vote! Once we come to a majority decision we can break up into our proper teams.

tcool123

@tcool123 you’re beautiful and I hope that things are going better for you.
Thank you for the concern and sorry for leaving everyone hanging these last couple days.

What about time travel? That could be interesting, though I feel like I’ve seen it before. I’m honestly not sure if I have or not.
I like time travel, it’s different from the existing minigolf courses at Disney. It also lends itself to fin holes.

Land, Sea, and Space,
If we were to go with land sea and air theme. How about Peter Pan? Its an IP that features adventures on land, and sea and in the air plus space with the second star to the right.

Neverland itself is a fun environment with a variety of iconic imagery, characters, and locales. We could al

Sharon&Susan

Since nobody has said anything else about voting for our new team leader, I'll start.

I vote @JokersWild. Looking at your posts on this thread, you seem to be both skilled at creativity and being able to constructively critique others work as well.

JokersWild

Since nobody has said anything else about voting for our new team leader, I'll start.

I vote @JokersWild. Looking at your posts on this thread, you seem to be both skilled at creativity and being able to constructively critique others work as well.
I was planning on waiting until later to take that position, but if no one else is willing to take it, I don't have a problem with doing it. I'll be upfront that I won't be able to post the project though with my time difference.

So. Updates. I've given everything a lot of thought while at work, and I'm upset with the conclusion that I've come to: I desperately want to do something that's not based on an IP, but in writing some ideas down, I think Marvel is my strongest pitch. Let me run through it super quickly:

Marvel Golf Adventure has two ways to play: Classic Golf and Adventure Golf. Classic Golf is just minigolf - paper scorecard and the like, but Adventure Golf is wildly different. Guests will join the G.O.L.F. Initiative and team up with Marvel superheroes to fight MODOG (Mobile Organism Designed Only for Golfing.) Through use of guests' magicbands and RFID chips placed inside each golfball, guests are able to complete challenges in each hole for points. This may involve hitting certain patches of each hole or making it through the hole's main element. Lower number of strokes to the hole provides different point boosts as well. The guest with the highest number of points wins. Maybe there could be some kind of points-based resolution in the final hole? I was also thinking that each hole could be themed to a different superhero. I'd love an indoors hole with Ant-Man where you're shrunk down. It's a super out there idea, but I think that it could be a really cool way to turn minigolf on its' head and really make something special.

JokersWild

I've been giving the overarching theme a lot of thought, and I worry that going too far with it while totally limiting ourselves thematically. I don't think that the judges want a triptych - they just want three courses that compliment each other. Thus, I'd like to propose The Golfport: a hub area for each of our three golf courses. Each course would focus on a different aspect of minigolf. One course would be more innovative, another more thematically unique, and a third that's the classic minigolf experience. I think this is a good way to not limit ourselves and allow us to do basically anything while still complimenting each other. I know that I'm coming in at the twilight hour of this theme vote, but I just wanted to try to put it out there before we really committed to something. If you guys aren't keen to it, that's totally cool with me.

NigelChanning

I was planning on waiting until later to take that position, but if no one else is willing to take it, I don't have a problem with doing it. I'll be upfront that I won't be able to post the project though with my time difference.

So. Updates. I've given everything a lot of thought while at work, and I'm upset with the conclusion that I've come to: I desperately want to do something that's not based on an IP, but in writing some ideas down, I think Marvel is my strongest pitch. Let me run through it super quickly:

Marvel Golf Adventure has two ways to play: Classic Golf and Adventure Golf. Classic Golf is just minigolf - paper scorecard and the like, but Adventure Golf is wildly different. Guests will join the G.O.L.F. Initiative and team up with Marvel superheroes to fight MODOG (Mobile Organism Designed Only for Golfing.) Through use of guests' magicbands and RFID chips placed inside each golfball, guests are able to complete challenges in each hole for points. This may involve hitting certain patches of each hole or making it through the hole's main element. Lower number of strokes to the hole provides different point boosts as well. The guest with the highest number of points wins. Maybe there could be some kind of points-based resolution in the final hole? I was also thinking that each hole could be themed to a different superhero. I'd love an indoors hole with Ant-Man where you're shrunk down. It's a super out there idea, but I think that it could be a really cool way to turn minigolf on its' head and really make something special.
I love the idea! Dr Strange could make for a fun hole as well (hitting a ball into a portal and it come out somewhere else)!

Sharon&Susan

If land, sea, sky wins, and the other teams aren't willing to work with the Golf Port idea, which theme should we work with?

My vote:
1. Sea: I love water featuresand I think there's plenty of potential here to make this interesting (underwater cities, submarines, sirens mermaids)
2. Sky: Still has plenty of potential, but I think it'd be harder to sell the theme on a mini golf course.
3. Land: Meh, lots of possibilities, but it'd also be the least interesting compared to the other options.

Outbound

1591122708785.png

Voting is 75% in favor of Land/Sea/Space or Sky. And the pie chart above is with Tiki voting red. Overall, I think it is fair to say Land/Sea/Space or Sky is our general theme. Now the teams need to decide which category they want.

JokersWild

Ok. It's about to be Wednesday for you guys. We need to really get to work. We need a theme and a team leader. I have zero idea what to do for a sea theme? Does anyone have any ideas for the course?

We also still need a team leader. Again, I don't want to take it because I'd rather do it for a project I'm more passionate about, but if no one else is willing to step up, I can take it. We need to figure this out like now.

NigelChanning

Ok. It's about to be Wednesday for you guys. We need to really get to work. We need a theme and a team leader. I have zero idea what to do for a sea theme? Does anyone have any ideas for the course?

We also still need a team leader. Again, I don't want to take it because I'd rather do it for a project I'm more passionate about, but if no one else is willing to step up, I can take it. We need to figure this out like now.
@Sharon&Susan , you seem pretty passionate about this project. Would you like to be team leader?

DashHaber

One idea could be that we chart it around the idea of a treasure hunt. Holes 1-6 could take us through the harbor as a crew prepares for their voyage. Holes 7-12 could be taking us through the voyage, as they face stormy seas and a band of pirates. Holes 13-18 would round it out, as our crew goes underwater and discovers the treasure...along with a host of undersea creatures guarding it.

NigelChanning

One idea could be that we chart it around the idea of a treasure hunt. Holes 1-6 could take us through the harbor as a crew prepares for their voyage. Holes 7-12 could be taking us through the voyage, as they face stormy seas and a band of pirates. Holes 13-18 would round it out, as our crew goes underwater and discovers the treasure...along with a host of undersea creatures guarding it.
The different holes can be themed to the ruins of Atlantis (maybe a Poseidon statue), a pirate ship, mermaid lagoon (Ariel?), and a sea serpent or kraken.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom