TDS Mount Prometheus to Undergo Rennovations in 2019/2020

the.dreamfinder

Original Poster
Via TDRExplorer
Tokyo Disney Resort has confirmed that DisneySea’s centrepiece, Mount Prometheus, will undergo construction work from March 31, 2019 – late October 2020.

The information comes from the Tokyo Disney Resort Hotels website, which says “during this time views from hotel rooms and restaurants may be affected”.

This warning is specifically for guests at the Hotel Miracosta which overlooks DisneySea’s Mediterranean Harbor, but similar views are enjoyed by guests in the park.

At present, there is no information on why the work is happening or how extensive it will be. So we don’t know whether part of the Mount Prometheus or all of it will be obscured during the period.

The March 2019-October 2020 refurbishment timeframe could mean Mt Prometheus will be partially obscured during Tokyo Olympiad, but we don’t know at this point.

cheezbat

Gosh I truly hope this doesn’t affect things much in late spring/early summer 2020. I’ll be there on my first visit for my honeymoon.

mickeyfan5534

Random thought, does this have anything to do with Disney Sea's 20th? Is Fantasmic going to end and be replaced with a show that involves Mt. Prometheus in some way?

ThemeParkTraveller

Random thought, does this have anything to do with Disney Sea's 20th? Is Fantasmic going to end and be replaced with a show that involves Mt. Prometheus in some way?

That was one of my initial thoughts too. The wording on the official website makes it seem like they are adding to the mountain and not just touching it up (which it already gets on an annual basis). Additionally, I wouldn't be surprised if a future nighttime show makes use of projection mapping on Mt. Prometheus.

the.dreamfinder

Original Poster
Via YamatoStyle on YouTube
628D23B5-ED6D-4068-A026-EC8210F5028B.png

donsullivan

Premium Member
Looks like it’s just Sinbad that will be closed when you go.
I think having Sinbad down would be a bigger loss than Journey to me. When I was there 2 years ago Journey was down for it's annual refurb so I missed it. However, from my experiences Sinbad is my favorite dark ride in any Disney park on the planet I've had the opportunity to ride.

the.dreamfinder

Original Poster
I think having Sinbad down would be a bigger loss than Journey to me. When I was there 2 years ago Journey was down for it's annual refurb so I missed it. However, from my experiences Sinbad is my favorite dark ride in any Disney park on the planet I've had the opportunity to ride.
Obviously, Sinbad is one of the best Disney rides ever built and you’re not wrong. Compared to TDL right now with RoA and SM our for the summer plus Monsters Inc in July, only losing one TDR exclusive/best version attraction in TDS for refurbs isn’t so bad.

Admiral01

Premium Member
CB9AFCD2-0ACA-40D3-ABF9-06798EDE1D81.jpeg

I was there on July 9. The scaffolding reaches to the top but only on the side facing the Mediterranean harbor (toward the park entrance). It actually doesn’t stand out.

4ECA9953-2A3B-456D-B7A2-B00D711E43E0.jpeg

You can only see a little bit on the Mysterious Bay side.

BasiltheBatLord

Seems like the majority of the times I've been to TDS at least one of the Columbia's stacks are under scaffolding, if not all of them. Wonder what the deal is.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom