TCM teams up with Disney to refresh Great Movie Ride

midwest_mice

Nice to see the ride finally getting love, but it's annoying how it takes a sponsor for a ride to get the attention and fixing it should get regardless.
Agreed! A park with very little in the way of attractions, you'd think one of the original attractions to this park would be kept in tip-top shape without a need for a sponsor to step in.
Maybe Ellen's universe of energy at Epcot can get talk-show Ellen to sponsor and redo the video with her, Bill Nye, and Alex Trebek. Alex hasn't had a facial hair in quite some time.

SnarkyMonkey

Nice to see the ride finally getting love, but it's annoying how it takes a sponsor for a ride to get the attention and fixing it should get regardless.

This doesn't seem like a mystery to me. A sponsor means more money for a specific attraction. So of course with more money to work with, they will update. No extra money, updates will come much slower.

dstrawn9889

What ending do you mean?
On a side note, the ending of The Great Movie Ride was originally going to have more of a foundation in The Wizard of Oz. with the Fantasia scene being the Cyclone, and also a divider down the middle of the theatre separating the A and B vehicles in the final (film clip) scene. Where the screen is now was where the Wizard would have appeared surrounded by flames. The Wizard would say his famous line, "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain" and the show would be "interrupted" as the curtains to the left or right of the screen would open to reveal either your live bandit (on the A vehicle side) or gangster (on the B vehicle side). Along the outer walls of the theatre (to the left of the A vehicle or to the right of the B vehicle), is currently large empty carpeted areas. Here was supposed to be large platforms where models of all of the audio-animatronic characters seen earlier in the ride would be standing and would take a bow. Wikipedia, but i have read it elsewhere... so you know... with a grain of salt

Mike S

On a side note, the ending of The Great Movie Ride was originally going to have more of a foundation in The Wizard of Oz. with the Fantasia scene being the Cyclone, and also a divider down the middle of the theatre separating the A and B vehicles in the final (film clip) scene. Where the screen is now was where the Wizard would have appeared surrounded by flames. The Wizard would say his famous line, "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain" and the show would be "interrupted" as the curtains to the left or right of the screen would open to reveal either your live bandit (on the A vehicle side) or gangster (on the B vehicle side). Along the outer walls of the theatre (to the left of the A vehicle or to the right of the B vehicle), is currently large empty carpeted areas. Here was supposed to be large platforms where models of all of the audio-animatronic characters seen earlier in the ride would be standing and would take a bow. Wikipedia, but i have read it elsewhere... so you know... with a grain of salt
That sounds incredible. Some of it was new info I never heard before.

flynnibus

Premium Member
This doesn't seem like a mystery to me. A sponsor means more money for a specific attraction. So of course with more money to work with, they will update. No extra money, updates will come much slower.

Do you feel like you are getting a discount on your park admission because there are sponsors? The point is Disney double dips... they charge both you and the sponsor for you to see something... and they don't adequately cover the slack themselves when they lose a sponsor.

There was a time when not every attraction *needed* a sponsor to be maintained... The sponsor world has changed, and Disney has been slow to adapt.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
When I see Footlight Parade spinning again that'll be when a Sponsor is worth it.

I concur.

Agreed on Tarzan. Probably the weakest part. I do wish we'd get a full Wizard of Oz section, such as the tornado and the ending, but that probably won't happen. And I'd be OK with a new animatronic in the Alien scene that looks a little less like she has a stiff neck.

Well for the 6 months that the actual Ms. Weaver isn't playing the part, I'd take an AA that didn't look bloated and on the verge of melting.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom