TCM Disney Night: March 29 2018

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
I can stay up late and watch this one, because Friday (the day after) is the stat holiday!

The Sword and the Rose (1953) - 8:00pm

The Golden Touch (1935) + Mickey's Trailer (1938) - shorts between movies

In Search of the Castaways (1963) - 10:00pm

The One and Only, Genuine, Original Family Band (1968) - 12:00am

Mr. Duck Steps Out (1940) - short after movie

The Journey of Natty Gann (1985) - 2:15am

Rob Roy, the Highland Rogue (1954) - 4:15am

SosoDude

This shows up very odd on my Directv guide. Some are not listed, while some of the cartoon shorts show a run time of 2 hours. I just marked all of it to record so I can weed through it later.

prberk

How late into the programming does the Leonard Maltin intro/commentary go? I would like to see it with "The One and Only, Genuine, Original Family Band."

That is nice movie, and it includes both Buddy Ebsen and a young Kurt Russell, along with the great Walter Brennan, not to mention "Jason Walton" himself, Jon Walmsley (who also originally voiced Christopher Robin).

Last edited:

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
How late into the programming does the Leonard Maltin intro/commentary go? I would like to see it with "The One and Only, Genuine, Original Family Band."

I think Maltin's intros go until the midnight movie. "...Family Band" actually got an audio commentary on its DVD, but I'd be interested to hear what he has to say about the movie.

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
The DVDs for In Search of the Castaways and ...Family Band have poor quality, pan-and-scan picture. How nice to finally see these movies in HD and their widescreen ratios. Family Band in particular, is like a night and day difference. You could even see the flys buzzing around Lesley Ann Warren's dress during her big solo number, lol. Hopefully Blu-rays through DMC will come soon.

Maybe one day they'll finally do a proper restoration for The Sword and the Rose too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom