taxi rates

Tramp

Originally posted by disneycrazy
Does anyone have an idea of the taxi rates for trips between Universal and Disney?

I don't have the answer to your specific question but since this is a thread on taxi rates I'd like to make a suggestion.

If you fly into Orlando and plan on taking the Mears Bus to the hotel and there are 3 or more in your party...take a cab. Cab fare will run you about $35 to the Grand Floridian, which is the furthest hotel on the bus route. This is comparable to a one way bus ticket for 3 adults, which were about $13 each the last I looked.

The cab provides door to door service, you avoid the crowds waiting for buses that exist immediately after a plane has landed, and, most importantly, you don't make any stops at other hotels to let guests off as you do on the bus. It's been our experience that u can save 45 minutes to an hour of your time...time u can be in the pool...by taking the cab...

I'm sorry for squelching your thread.

Upvote 0

mightyduck

Originally posted by disneycrazy
Does anyone have an idea of the taxi rates for trips between Universal and Disney?

Taxi rates are high in the area....I paid $20 to go three miles from the front gates. Look into a shuttle.... Depending on where you are staying, it could be easy to take one. Also, consider renting a car for the day if there are several people in your party and you are on Disney property--some hotels have rental counters.

Upvote 0

disneycrazy

Original Poster
Thanks guys.

The prob is that there are 3 of us going. One will already be in Orlando on business and she is staying at the Hard Rock Hotel. She just told us last night that we can stay there Friday night and her company will pay for it. The other 2 of us had planned on going to AK without her when we get in on Fri., but we're trying to figure out how to get there and how much it will cost. We'll have a car for the rest of the weekend, but we're on our own Friday.

Any suggestions?:confused:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom