Tattoos?!?

Wishy Allison

Original Poster
Hello Disney,
My name is Wishy Allison. I was born and raised in Washington. I graduated class of 2015 .I went to Disneyland for the first time when I was seven years old. I fell in love the second I walked on to Main Street. It was like a whole new world full of magic and happiness. I knew right then I wanted to work in the parks behind the magic. I wanted to help create the happiness and joy. My love for the parks quickly turned in to a hobby. I got every book that had to do with any Disney park. Watched every show that had to do with the parks. from holiday bake challenges. To Disney's yearly park DVD. In fifth grade I learned about the Disney College Program. Every time I was asked "What do you wanted do when you grow up?" I would answer Disney! In my senior year of high school my life took a turn. I lost my best friend January 14th 2015. I had never lost anyone before. All my goals and dreams went blank for about five months. I got a wake up call May 19th 2015. I learned that I was no longer on track to Graduate. Three weeks before the end of the year. I quickly turn my everything around. I did everything I could to graduate on time. By doing so I was the first student in my graduating class to get there clearance form sign saying I was ready to walk. My whole life I've had two goals growing up. The first one was to graduate high school. To make my family proud! My second goal is to work for Disney in anyway possible. But last week or so When I was looking up information on the DCP I couldn't find much on tattoo's. I found a little bit about tattoos not being aloud in the restaurant/Food services but what about other Roles? I have quite a bit of tattoos and I'm hopping that doesn't destroy my goal to be apart of Disney. All my tattoos are kid friendly. I can cover up most of them with clothing. All but a rose behind my ear, and music note on my hand. Do my tattoo make it impossible to work for Disney? Is there any roles I could do? Or do I have to find a new goal.

DisneyPrincess5

I am sorry for your loss, but congrats on graduating.

I cannot answer your questions directly as I am unaware of Disneys policies. But something I would like to add: don't forget that nowadays, there are quite a few good tattoo cover up makeup products out there. You can easily cover what is visible.

Good luck!

They used to be very draconian, "no extreme hair styles" which can mean anything really, and "no facial hair" which has since changed.

Here you go:
"The Disney Look includes but is not limited to, the following requirements:

Male and Female

Body Alteration
Intentional body alteration or modification for the purpose of achieving a visible, physical effect that disfigures, deforms or similarly detracts from a professional image is prohibited. Examples include, but are not limited to: visible tattoos, brands, body piercing (other than traditional ear piercing for women), tongue piercing or splitting, tooth filing, earlobe expansion and disfiguring skin implants. Tattoos must be discreetly and completely covered at all times. Jewelry, spacers, retainers, or plugs are not permitted in any body piercing, including non-visible piercings, while working."​

Source: http://dlr.disneycareers.com/en/working-here/the-disney-look/

So, you just have to cover them. Covering makeup isn't that expensive these days. But if you have full sleeves it may make things more difficult. You should still go out for the job though! Follow your dreams!

Also, I work in the Film/TV industry, and I've worked for the Mouse quite a few times. There is no "Disney Look" for that type of work. I know it's not Parks but still, it's working for Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom