Target?

W

WDWRobin

Original Poster
I am in Houston and I heard Friday on the radio that Walt Disneyworld was a possible target for terrorist. This came from a news source I could not catch. Does anyone have any information? Thanks

Flower

Just saw the news on the Chicago NBC station. Kinda strange how the Disney owned ABC station did not mention it.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Makes me nervous since I was just at WDW and I live right by mall of america. Apparently, they've stepped up security there now, as your bags get searched as you come in the doors to MoA

WDW-Imagineer

I live near a fairly large mall here in NY... actually I think its one of the top 5 largest in the country... and I heard rumors that the FBI was at the mall today as it was part of a "target list" (in other words, a large building :rolleyes: ).

Chris

I have not heard this 'rumor' but it does not surprise me. However, there are so many potential targest that I have a hard time believing that disney would be a top target. If what you see on the news is true, media outlets are the current targets and Disney owned ABC has yet to be targeted. While I certainly hope that this is only speculation I would hate to see anything happen at the happiest place on earth.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Exactly....the news here In the twin cities is crazy with these reports, and the MoA has confirmed the FBI has talked to them about being a top target. They did arrest Zacariah Moussouai from the twin cities area. He was looking into attending a flight school in nearby eagen, MN.

Scooter

Any place that's full of people is a potential target for these chuckleheads.

If they had any brains though they would avoid Disney World.
It is full of people from Islamic and Muslim countries.

They are already dispised by most people in most countries.
I don't think it would help their cause much if they bombed a place full of babies and children.

I'm going in one week and I won't be looking over my shoulder or up in the sky. I'm just going to enjoy myself and eat alot of junk food...lol:hurl:

lileonard

Banned
Yeah spaceship earth and cinderellas castle are perfect targets for a highjacked airline.

What im trying to say is people need to get back to normal. Sure anthrax is scary and disney is a perfect target, but this is exactly what the terrorists want, they want terror to be spread throughout our country.

I didnt mean to be disrespectful in the comment at the top, but people need to stop worrying and try to get back to normal.

Dizknee_Phreek

i just got a warning via e-mail saying that an Arab man told a friend of a friend to stay off of airplanes on Sept 11, and to stay out of malls on Oct. 31. it also said the Arab man is now on the most wanted list. there's no way of knowing if this is all true or not, but i thought i'd tell you all about it since some of you mentioned living near large malls. it's definately something to think about!

also, i would suspect that they upcoming Olympics would be a major target as well!

let's just never lose sight of one thing here...that all this is in God's hands. and if we continue to call out His name and lift up our country to Him, everything will be ok!

markymark

There has been loads of this stuff over here too. Loads of people seem to know someone who heard from someone that they should stay clear of all sorts of places.

The one I have heard are:-

McDonalds
Chester (sprawling metropolis!:veryconfu not!)
The Trafford Centre
Liverpool
and, believe it or not......Wigan!

JAY-ROD

If ur going to hit Disneyworld the best bet would be hit one of the resorts at night! If there aiming at killing alot of people! I just dont see hitting one of the parks could be as bad as hitting one of the resorts! More people in one location compared to a bunch of people scattered around a park! But thats just MO.

monorail256

I swear if one of those friggin terrorists would have crashed into spaceship earth or a monorail track... i would have to do something very bad to them. I would die, really those 2 things are like "the must do's and must see's" when i go to WDW. Thank god it never happened yet and hopefullly it will NEVER HAPPEN!!:rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom