News Target coming to Walt Disney World and Disney Store shop-in-shop coming to Target stores

Tavernacle12

I can’t imagine there’d be direct transport. There isn’t even direct transport to the golf courses without going through a maze of bus routes.

planodisney

This picture of the Disney section at JC Penney’s looks better than that concept art of the new Target versions. They also have them at most Kohl’s here in Texas as well. This shows mostly clothes and stuffed animals but they also have a big toy section and costume section.
1567050329740.jpeg

mikenatcity1

During the Parks Panel, Bob said the goal was to bring Disney into markets where the consumer may not have a chance to go to a Disney Store. I live in Dallas (DFW) and we have 4 Disney Store locations (3 regular and 1 outlet) and are on the list to have 2 Target stores get the Disney treatment next month. I am curious to see what it is about, but we already have a bunch of Disney Stores...

drizgirl

During the Parks Panel, Bob said the goal was to bring Disney into markets where the consumer may not have a chance to go to a Disney Store. I live in Dallas (DFW) and we have 4 Disney Store locations (3 regular and 1 outlet) and are on the list to have 2 Target stores get the Disney treatment next month. I am curious to see what it is about, but we already have a bunch of Disney Stores...
Tons of markets no longer have a Disney store.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
You are correct...but i'm curious why my market that is saturated with Disney Stores will be getting 2 Target stores with Disney Stores...that makes no sense...

Millions of people in DFW that would prefer to go to a Target rather than Hulen Mall or Grapevine Mills?

Liberty6

Dallas is one of the biggest growth markets right now in the country. Also this entire strategy is for Disney to ultimately exit the brick and mortar retail space allowing Target to sell the merchandise without Disney having the expenses of running a store. Having a market with both Disney Stores and Targets will show which drives more revenue when you have both choices.

po1998

Not confirmed, but if I were Target, I'd start my own shuttle service from the Resorts to the store...
Not sure why they would do this when they know that most people who need to get to Target will easily fork over the money for a cheap Uber/Lyft ride.

markc

Dallas is one of the biggest growth markets right now in the country. Also this entire strategy is for Disney to ultimately exit the brick and mortar retail space allowing Target to sell the merchandise without Disney having the expenses of running a store. Having a market with both Disney Stores and Targets will show which drives more revenue when you have both choices.

No, it's NOT to exit brick and mortar. This is NOT Disney's strategy and has never been - I dont know why people keep mentioning that when Chapek and Co have been clear in the past they want to continue to keep the omni-channel package of the brick and mortar stores and the online experience. This is strictly to supplement the Disney Store in markets that are underserved. Dallas/Fort Worth, despite having multiple Disney stores, is under-served. It's also one of Disney Stores' stronger performing markets, so much so that they've used it as a test market over the past few years for various projects. In the retail world - there's four strong states where you always want to focus on first and foremost - CA, TX, NY, and FL.

What people forget too, is that the Brick and Mortar stores not only exist to sell merchandise - they also exist to promote the TWDC as a whole. As long as the stores remain profitable, they're not only making money, but also providing free marketing. They're not going anywhere anytime soon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom