Target 20% Off Disney Gift Cards

trs518

On Black Friday Target will be running a special, where if you buy $75 worth of stuff, they will give you a 20% coupon, good for one entire purchase the next week. As far as I know, you can use the 20% of coupon on Disney gift cards.

We plan on buying $75 worth of groceries (we usually buy our groceries there) on Black Friday and then the next week buying enough Disney gift cards to pay for the rest of our Disneyland trip in February.

journ116

I am really looking forward to this deal! I will brave the crowds later on on Black Friday (after 1 p.m.) and pick up 'everyday' items (let's face it, it's not hard to spend $75 in one shopping trip at Target in my household). Sooo, combine that 20% coupon (only good for in-store purchases between Dec. 1-7) with my Red Card 5%, I will hopefully be able to snag $500 worth of Disney gift cards for a ridiculous price of $375!!!

Upvote 0

stillgoofy

Doesn anyone know if there is an "in store" limit on how much in gift cards you can buy? I want to use this 20% coupon to buy as much in gift cards as I can. Do you know if Target has pre-set amounts on their Disney gift cards or do they sell the kind that you can load as much as you want (up to $1000)? Do we have any confirmation that we can use this 20% coupon on gift cards?

Upvote 0

got2lovedisney

In the Parks
No
Doesn anyone know if there is an "in store" limit on how much in gift cards you can buy? I want to use this 20% coupon to buy as much in gift cards as I can. Do you know if Target has pre-set amounts on their Disney gift cards or do they sell the kind that you can load as much as you want (up to $1000)? Do we have any confirmation that we can use this 20% coupon on gift cards?
Don't know about purchase limits but my Target has $25 and $50 cards.

Upvote 0

wedje

We bought Disney gift cards at Target this past summer and used them to pay on our balance for our trip this past Oct. We used our Target card , got 5% off and there was no limit on how many we could but. We actually got 20 -$50 cards which means we paid for 19 and got 1 free. Great way to save some money especially if you are going to get another 20% off. Had no problem using the cards against our balance, went on line entered the card numbers 1 at a time as a payment. Took a little time but worth it.

Upvote 0

prinny20

I just got back from Target, where I spent my $75 and got the 20% off coupon. Sadly, the 20% off coupon states that it cannot be used toward gift cards. That is not the only restriction but, it is the saddest one. Bummer.

Upvote 0

WWWD

So will someone confirm on December 1st (first day coupon can bed used) if a Disney Card is an entertainment card or a gift card? I would really like to know this before I go to the register with a hand full of Disney gift entertainment cards and plead my case to the cashier while everyone else behinds me rolls their eyes and are thinking "dummy, it says right on the coupon, Excludes gift cards". :banghead:

Upvote 0

WWWD

Does it say "gift cards or target gift cards" ?
Says gift cards..... I was hoping it only said Target gift cards. That's why it is important to know if Target really codes the Disney cards as something other than a gift card. I kind of figured it was too good to be true sort of thing. Using that 20% coupon, the Target card 05% off, and then combining my AP,DVC or TiW card discounts with it - I was looking at some great discounts on food, drink and souvenirs. That's up to 45% off - yup, probably not going to happen.

Upvote 0

jazzinator

I found a thread on point on another website. The best information I found there was the following:

"My husband is an employee of Target, has been for 5-6 years, the disney gift cards are actually listed as Disney Entertainment Cards in their inventory and pricing system and both the employee discount and the credit card discount work on these, I personally have bought $3000 worth of Disney Entertainment Cards from Target over the course of the past year and received my husbands employee discount and Credit Card discount every time
woohoo.gif
. As a general rule with Target's discounts is to try it, if it doesn't work have them void the transaction or return the product...this is what my husband and every Target employee I know has told me, a lot of times the wording says one thing but the system says another, Target employees have to go by what the system says, if the cashier says no, it wont work and wont try then have them call an LOD (Leader on Duty) and complain, don't be afraid to tell them this is not a gift card it is an entertainment card and says so on the rack label."

Someone else said that the shelf tag over the cards also lists them as "Entertainment Cards" as opposed to gift cards.

The message here is: ask the cashier to try it, if they refuse, ask for the Leader on Duty. If they scan it, it's supposed to work.

Upvote 0

Sugart

I am a leader for Target and was very curious as to whether or not the coupon would work as I could stack it with my employee and red card discounts. I emailed corporate and asked specifically if Disney gift cards are eligible for the 20 % off and was told no. I know the coupon says gift cards are not eligible and it was believed that only applied to Target giftcards but in this case it does to all. With that said I'm sure there will be people who will try and some may even succeed, but according to mysupport it shouldn't work. Sorry to burst everyone's bubble, I was in line to save about a grand since I'm buying 3000 worth.

Upvote 0

Computer Magic

I was told by 2 people that they would try To make it work.
I'm not sure you are referring to a Target employee stating ''trying to make it work'', but if they do, they should be fired. That would be going against company policy and opening up a potential problem for the organization. We all know if you do for one, you better be prepared to do for others. The Internet makes this a small world and word will get around.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom