Target 20% Off Disney Gift Cards

trs518

On Black Friday Target will be running a special, where if you buy $75 worth of stuff, they will give you a 20% coupon, good for one entire purchase the next week. As far as I know, you can use the 20% of coupon on Disney gift cards.

We plan on buying $75 worth of groceries (we usually buy our groceries there) on Black Friday and then the next week buying enough Disney gift cards to pay for the rest of our Disneyland trip in February.

docdebbi

On Black Friday Target will be running a special, where if you buy $75 worth of stuff, they will give you a 20% coupon, good for one entire purchase the next week. As far as I know, you can use the 20% of coupon on Disney gift cards.

We plan on buying $75 worth of groceries (we usually buy our groceries there) on Black Friday and then the next week buying enough Disney gift cards to pay for the rest of our Disneyland trip in February.

sounds like a great deal. i always book room only, i know i can use them at front desk, but my kids booked a package deal. can they call with the numbers and use them to pay off a package, i know packges have to be paid in advance.
thanks for any info you can give me

Upvote 0

lunchbox1175

sounds like a great deal. i always book room only, i know i can use them at front desk, but my kids booked a package deal. can they call with the numbers and use them to pay off a package, i know packges have to be paid in advance.
thanks for any info you can give me
Yes, they can, however, make sure that if they do so that they KEEP THE CARDS until after your trip. If for any reason you have to cancel, Disney is required to refund your amount paid back to you to the same type of payment that you made, which means that they put the money back on the gift cards used.

Upvote 0

trs518

Original Poster
@flynnibus Coupons usually exclude Target gift cards, but not gift cards for other companies. On some of the other boards, many users have reported being able to use coupons like these on Disney gift cards.

Upvote 0

got2lovedisney

In the Parks
No
Oh happy happy joy joy...the $75 purchase can be made online. I don't have to brave the masses on Friday! Plus 5% back thru Upromise. Thanks for the tip!
PS Correct me if I'm wrong...I didn't see where giftcard sales were excluded from the initial $75 purchase requirement.

Upvote 0

disneyflush

I read that Disney cards are considered "entertainment" cards and not regular gift cards. This would allow them to be included in the 20% off deal. I read that on a coupon website though so take it with the usual grain of salt.

Upvote 0

quirkle

OK - so you can make the 75.00 purchase online but the 20% off is only in store. How do you know we are limited on the Disney gift cards?

Upvote 0

jlsHouston

coupons usually exclude gift cards. Do you have something here that makes you think it applies to gift cards?
I bought a 20, $ 50 dollar disney cards with my target red card and it came to $ 950.00. I got my 5% off using my red card. I have been using the gift cards to pay for dining here...had I realized this deal I would have started earlier and paid for my trip this way...my red card limit is only $ 1000 :arghh:.
However I paid it off before I left and the payment has posted ( they post even cash payments so slowly ) and I am running to Target tomorrow to get some more for the rest of the dining we are doing !

Upvote 0

quirkle

I called Target corporate and they said no. I called target store and they asked what the coupon said. I replied that I could not see the coupon since you don't get it until you spend 75.00.

Luckily the manager told me that she would honor but did not give me a limit.

Can I use Disney cards for tips? Can I add them to my magic band for spending?

Upvote 0

Rob562

Can I use Disney cards for tips? Can I add them to my magic band for spending?

Yes, you can use a gift card to pay for tips at a Table Service restaurant.

The easiest way to use gift cards in conjunction with a room charge account is to give them a credit card to open the account, but then visit the front desk with the gift cards to pay-down the balance before the charges dump to your credit card the night before checkout.

-Rob

Upvote 0

Much-Pixie-Dust

Yes, you can use a gift card to pay for tips at a Table Service restaurant.

The easiest way to use gift cards in conjunction with a room charge account is to give them a credit card to open the account, but then visit the front desk with the gift cards to pay-down the balance before the charges dump to your credit card the night before checkout.

-Rob
This is what I do too, except I just give them all of the gift cards upon arrival so I start out with a credit balance on my acct for the week. I know I will always spend at least as much as I have gift cards for the week, so I am not concerned that there will be any unused credits by the week's end.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom