tansfers from airport.

mkfan23

Original Poster
anyone have any suggestions about which company to use for transfers from the airport to the hotel? We're traveling with six people so I pretty much figured it would be best to use a towncar/van service. Basically I'm looking for the quickest, most convient one.
thanks

Dwarful

we went with Tiffanys on our trip May 25-June 3. We were first timers so we printed off that $5 coupon on the website. We had 8 in our group so we were in a Dodge Extended van...three bench seats and driver and passenger up front. PLENTY OF LUGGAGE ROOM....trust me on this one..coming home we had 10 bags, a stroller,our car seat for the 2 yr old on plane...(plus an extra one because they had one in the van already) no one was crowded..no kids saying ..."MOM she's touching me!" LOL hope that helps. With six you might be able to get the limo...I dont know but they were far cheaper than Mears cost us $80 plus a tip~ plus if you ask they will make one stop for you at a grocery store. We did rent a van from National Car Rental for three days as well and picked it up at Disneys Car Care Center van picked me up at Resort and returned me there when I dropped the van off. Very easy, not too pricey either!

mbaker1277

town car rental

We purchased transfers for my husband and I and our 3 year old through Tiffany Towncar, and it was a wonderful experience! We have used the Mears shuttle before and had horrible experiences with it, a 2 hour wait with luggage just to get on the bus, late arrival at the parks due to several stops along the way to our hotel, and we had to leave almost 4 hours early on our morning of departure. Plus the price for 3 of us actually cost more than the towncar service.
Our driver was waiting for us in baggage claim and directed us to a brand new towncar. He was so nice and pleasant and took us to a neighborhood grocery store where he said the prices were 50% less than Goodin's or Publix, and they were! We were delivered to our resort in comfort and style, and the return trip was just as easy. We will ALWAYS use this service again!

TIFFANY'S IS THE BEST.
The driver was funny and told us some current Florida/Disney news. Asked us if we wanted the grocery stop.Prompt and very efficient. They even called the day before our departure to verify the pick up time at the Polynesian.

WARNING - Our group of 5 which included a 10,12 and 14 yo DID NOT fit into the towncar. The 10 yO had to sit on my lap for 30 min so we got their van on the way back.

OUR LAST AND FINAL MEARS NIGHTMARE
Waited for van next to man who had thrown up on himself
Elbow to elbow with people and many stops
Hears stories from the honeymoon couple who had a bummer ending to their honeymoon when the husband got food poisoning and then the poor grandpa who fell up the stairs of the disney bus during a rainstorm and broke his arm/elbow. It took forever to load this sweet man on the van. By this time I wanted our vacation to be over

danamarie27

I am using Tiffany Towncar in October...The price is reasonable...($85 round trip + tip) and much faster than waiting for the shuttle. I have never used a car service before, so I hope that it is as great as everyone has said. Try their website for more details or go on to WDIG.com that's how I learned about them.

Rabittsz

Site Sponsor - Transportation www.yourride.net
mkfan23.
We are the new sponsors of the transportation boards. Check out our prices. We don't charge extra for vans, We also have a $5.00 off coupon on our web site. And we also have a FREE 30min grocery store stop,and FREE car seats.
http://www.Yourride.net :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom