Tangled restrooms opening date

flynnibus

Premium Member
It's available space. If you look, not having mirrors above the sinks is common at the parks. It speeds up the hand washing process as people do not stop to look at themselves.

And how often do you find yourself queued up waiting for the wash sink??

Losing the mirrors probably was more about upkeep and cleaning. There is no reason a men's bathroom should be without SOME mirrors at least.

Tom

Beta Return
The lack of mirrors above restroom sinks is for a few reasons. A couple have been mentioned, including the discouraging of grooming at the sink, and to reduce the amount of cleaning necessary.

But another reason, which is also applied at other public venues, is to prevent indirect visibility of stalls/urinals that are behind you when you're facing the sinks. It cuts down on creeps who loiter at the mirrors to "peep" discreetly, and allows them to utilize more space for toilet facilities without them being in an indirect line of sight.

Sad that it's come to this with our society, but I'm not making this up. I've sat in on design meetings for public facilities where this specific topic was discussed.

They now just put grooming mirrors near the exits, and usually in a location where you can't use them to spy on the rest of the bathroom.

Cosmic Commando

Who cares about a better flush and a slicker appearance when you can look at the fine craftsmanship history that was displayed in the Peter Pan toilets. :(
Y.jpg
Those signs made no sense; everyone knows only kings and queens get to sit on the throne! :rolleyes:

luv

Where are these restrooms? I avoid most detailed info on anything new because I like to experience it as if I wasn't a total park fiend, so I don't want to read through the thread. Are they where the Skyway was in FL?

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
But another reason, which is also applied at other public venues, is to prevent indirect visibility of stalls/urinals that are behind you when you're facing the sinks. It cuts down on creeps who loiter at the mirrors to "peep" discreetly, and allows them to utilize more space for toilet facilities without them being in an indirect line of sight.

Good to know. In the future, if I am in a bathroom with mirrors over the sink, I will alleviate any concerns that my fellow guests may have by announcing in a loud voice before washing my hands - "Don't worry! I won't be ogling your wieners with the aid of these mirrors." That should put minds at ease.

Genie of the Lamp

Good to know. In the future, if I am in a bathroom with mirrors over the sink, I will alleviate any concerns that my fellow guests may have by announcing in a loud voice before washing my hands - "Don't worry! I won't be ogling your wieners with the aid of these mirrors." That should put minds at ease.

Haha remind me not to be right next to you when your washing your hands. So, do you think it's possible they could make a P-Ticket attraction out of these Tangled Toilets worth riding on?

Edit: This will be my last Tangled restroom post.

Tom

Beta Return

That is the most acceptable way to address the issue in restrooms that haven't been retrofitted with additional wall space or iron skillets in place of mirrors. I've found it to work in most locations except day cares and churches.

Occasional Guest

I usually walk in and yell "holy cow! Look at that guys junk!"

Prototype82

Building more "walls" to "complete the look" would not bring in one more Guest to The Magic Kingdom.
Mom: "We have JUST GOT to go back, I've just read on WDWMagic that Fantasy Land has MORE WALLS!!"
Dad: because he is a wise man he thinks to himself, "Walls? She's lost her mind, I'm not dropping that much coin to see a couple of new, fake walls".
The Kids: "We want PRINCESSES!!"
Building more "walls" to "complete the look" would not bring in one more Guest to The Magic Kingdom.
Mom: "We have JUST GOT to go back, I've just read on WDWMagic that Fantasy Land has MORE WALLS!!"
Dad: because he is a wise man he thinks to himself, "Walls? She's lost her mind, I'm not dropping that much coin to see a couple of new, fake walls".
The Kids: "We want PRINCESSES!!"
I don't think people are arguing that new walls bring more guests. We all know that the fantastic new attractions (and yes, they are fantastic) framed by the new walls bring in new guests. Guests do appreciate the aesthetic though. I recall overhearing a couple talking for 10 minutes about how striking Cindy's castle looked when framed by the new turrets.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom