Talking AND Singing Trashcan!

Stellajack

Premium Member
Original Poster
Already 'plannin' for 2002 trip. When I was there last year, in MK on the bridge to Tomorrowland, we encountered a 'trashcan' just rolling along singin' "Zip-a-Dee-Do-Da". It stopped right in front of us so we could take a picture. Does anyone know where this little guy can usually be found. Would like for my mom to see him .

Stellajack

Premium Member
Original Poster
Yeah, we saw those too and I 'encountered' the water fountain behind Innoventions, but this one was "strolling through the park". I think I need to see it again just to be sure I saw it the first time.

Scooter

I believe that the Talking, moving trashcan you are refering to is kept in the back of the Merchant of Venus Gift shop in Tomorrowland. He comes out every half hour or so and generally hangs out around in front of that gift shop. He usually has a crowd around him and actually talks to the park Guests. If you look around you may spot the Cast Member that controls him. He is run by remote control and the voice of the trashcan is the scrambled voice of the cast member. You will be able to find the Cast Member pretty easily becasue he has a big remote control in his hand and a Head set on. I like to find the Trash can and mess with him when I go there. It's all in fun and the Castmembers seem to enjoy it as much as we do. :p

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
the talking trash cans are not done by disney. The CM that controls it is a 3 party compnay outsourced. The guy is usually wearing street clothes and has one hand in a backpack and the other one near his mouth (he's holding the mic there)

Tramp

Originally posted by Stellajack
Already 'plannin' for 2002 trip. When I was there last year, in MK on the bridge to Tomorrowland, we encountered a 'trashcan' just rolling along singin' "Zip-a-Dee-Do-Da". It stopped right in front of us so we could take a picture. Does anyone know where this little guy can usually be found. Would like for my mom to see him .

We usually see PUSH, the trashcan, in the Mickey's Mart area up to the Teacups ride...
it usually stays out for 15 minutes every hour or so...maybe a little longer.
This year, a kid actually tried to climb into the can to see who was talking to him and couldn't figure it out...so, the 'know it all' mom stuck her head inside, didn't see anyone, and with an indubitably serious look on her face, proclaimed that the can had to be 'alive' cuz nobody was inside.
The guy controlling the thing nearly collapsed with laughter, as did I.

mightyduck

Re: Re: Talking AND Singing Trashcan!

Originally posted by Tramp

We usually see PUSH, the trashcan, in the Mickey's Mart area up to the Teacups ride...
it usually stays out for 15 minutes every hour or so...maybe a little longer.
This year, a kid actually tried to climb into the can to see who was talking to him and couldn't figure it out...so, the 'know it all' mom stuck her head inside, didn't see anyone, and with an indubitably serious look on her face, proclaimed that the can had to be 'alive' cuz nobody was inside.
The guy controlling the thing nearly collapsed with laughter, as did I.

LOL....grown-ups... :rolleyes: ;)

I looked for it when I was there, but I didn't see it. :(

DisneyFreak

HEY! Didn't Steve just get done telling everyone that there would be no trash talking on his boards? ;)

I have heard some of the cans speaking but I have never seen one move. :eek: I wonder how old that garbage was that it grew legs?

mej

I saw the trash can at the Conservation Station in the Animal Kingdom. It was great fun - the best thing about his holiday according to my 3 year old! The photographs look weird though - it looks like he just stood beside any old trash can to have his photo taken!

Beauty and the

We met the talking trash can in Animal Kingdom at the conservation station, my six year old loved him, because the two of them spent a good five minutes loking for his missing two front teeth, my ds's that is, the watching crowd found it very amusing as well ad several other kids joined in the hunt!:)

Stellajack

Premium Member
Original Poster
Hey thanks everybody for the 'trashcan updates'. I noticed "Sean" posted a pic of the controller and his trashcan. Now, at least I have an idea about where to start my search on our next trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom