Tales from the 3rd Clam-mobile (Nemo ride report)

Jerm

Original Poster
The projection is done on the "glass" right there and the normal fish (that are in the tank and real) just swim by. The way they make Nemo and friends apper to be deeper in the tank is just the animation. It is a really neat thing to see. I can't wait till they do it here at DL on the subs, but I do have to say it was a 100 times better then I expected it to be.

J

BwanaBob

I think I found my new 'stop-n-stare-for-a-while' spot.

As any WDW common folk know, it's often fun to sit and watch the humans walk by...

...now we can watch the goofballs talk to the AA gulls all day long!

lol

juan

Wow, how could they possibly make the animated characters appear BEHIND the real fish and 10 feet out into the water? Anyone know what the tech is to this projection wizardry? Could it be that the REAL fish are part of the projection and not really the tank fish? Will be interesting to see if the same fish swim by every time. Um... but then there is the issue of the tank fish getting in the way... hmmmmmm.

It's Disney Magic and angle trickery

no they are real fish, I've been there with the work lights on and projection off

Connor002

I award Jerm the WDWMAGIC Medal of Honor for providing us with this information and report.

Huh? What?
I don't have the authority to do that?
Well, then, uh...

I award Jerm half a donut and a job-well-done sticker for providing us with this information and report

WishIwasThere

Can't wait to visit...

I think the mine...mine...mine would drive someone nuts....:hammer:

I got a great idea, lets have the flower and garden people put the nature on the rocks guy and his wife there. Sixty days of hearing mine...mine...mine would certainly make someone snap.:drevil:

NADisney

Great Pics and Video !! ..I can't wait to see it in Dec when I visit. :sohappy: :sohappy:

For those who wish to see the Clam- vehicles ,I found pics of them on another disney site called:

www.allearsnet.com

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><

Disney's POP Century Resort, Dec 5th thru Dec 13th -2006 = See You Real Soon !!:wave:

TarzanRocked99-

Nemo was open again tonight and I absolutely love it. Seeing the never ending row of omnimovers really brought a smile to my face, plus I really liked the ending, yes it is very cheesy but watching the fish swimming around with the Nemo crew is great. On my second ride tonight saw the divers from the scuba tour behind the first projection in the tank, the one that featured Dory, Marlin and Nemo. I found that amusing because it was a diver in the movie that started the whole mess in the first place and there the fish were singing and happy with divers right behind them.

On one side note they really need to block the view of Sea Base Alpha from the load area, it really ruins the highly detailed que. It would be an easy fix, just put up a wall, just really you have had walls in that spot for 5 years now, just throw one back up.

mkepcotmgmak

first - THANKS! What a great report!

second- this might sound dumb or may have been answered - but how do the scenes "reset" for an omnimover, or is the dialouge all just continuous, like a parade float? (if that makes sense).

third - the angler AA - does it reset in time for everyone to see what it does, on the omnimover system?

thanks again, i cannot wait to ride this in december! thanks for taking the time to share with us!

EpcotMark

The original Nemo Bay is walled off now.

The original Nemo Bay is walled off now. Just by the view of the ride where the gift shop used to be. Rumor is that Turtle Talk is moving and this is where the cue is going to be and the show will be in the old Living Seas Theater.

Jerm

Original Poster
first - THANKS! What a great report!

second- this might sound dumb or may have been answered - but how do the scenes "reset" for an omnimover, or is the dialouge all just continuous, like a parade float? (if that makes sense).

third - the angler AA - does it reset in time for everyone to see what it does, on the omnimover system?

thanks again, i cannot wait to ride this in december! thanks for taking the time to share with us!

They just have a ongoing loop of stuff. The video/projections move around so it is always going. The AA is moving the whole time!!! He chases after marlin and stops for a sec then goes, but it is all ongoing audio.

I sat outside and watched the gulls for about 2 hours and really just laughed. I think of it as the music or the pre-show videos you start to block it out. Plus the mines are different...I tried to count how many there were but could never do it. So it does change it up.

J

8 more hours to go!!! It's preview day for epcot cast members today!! *bounces* And then off to get some sake at the free sake seminar at the estate hall. *cackles* :sohappy: :sohappy: I'll take some pictures if I can. Hopefully I can and I don't see why not!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
On one side note they really need to block the view of Sea Base Alpha from the load area, it really ruins the highly detailed que. It would be an easy fix, just put up a wall, just really you have had walls in that spot for 5 years now, just throw one back up.
This I think is the first Omni with load and unload in direct line of sight. Even IYHW had a `kink` in the track so you couldn`t see the start of load from unload. A wall is a no no (and there wasn`t one there for the Sea Cabs) for safety reasons; what could be used are several curtains of dark material that would easily give way if someone rode from unload to load.

brkgnews

Although I haven't been on Nemo yet, have you ever been stuck on SSE? :lookaroun

The classroom, the graduation, the karate/baseball, the archaeology dig, lullaby, and the "is my baby brother OK?" scene in SSE are all "circular dialogue." Meaning, the "last" line of it leads directly into the first line.

From Intercot's transcript...

Mother: Goodnight, sweetheart.
Daughter: Goodnight, mommy, I miss you.
Mother: I miss you too.
Daughter: Can you sing my song one more time? Please?
Mother: Of course.
Mother & Daughter singing: Hush a bye
Don't you cry
Go to sleep
Our little baby

Mother: Goodnight, sweetheart.
Daughter: Goodnight, mommy, I miss you.
Mother: I miss you too.
Daughter: Can you sing my song one more time? Please?
Mother: Of course.
Mother & Daughter singing: Hush a bye
Don't you cry
Go to sleep
Our little baby

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom