Taking over my wife's cell phone....Android Auto??

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
My 2020 Mazda CX-9 is currently linked to my LG Android phone. A phone I'm soon not gonna use anymore....'cause my wife is getting a new phone and I'm gladly taking over hers. She has a Samsung Note 8.
So, I imagine that once she receives her new phone, I'll take my old phone and her Samsung Note 8 to my local T-Mobile Store and let them transfer all my important stuff onto the Samsung Note 8
Once that is done, I fear that my car won't "recognize" my "new" phone and will not work regarding the Android Auto.
Thoughts on that anyone?

Last edited:

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
Android Auto isn’t a separate system but a mirror of the phone itself.
So if the phone number and info are transferred to my wife's phone ...it will work? My new to me phone will hopefully have the android auto app I had on my old phone moved over to the new phone. Then I plug it into my USB and it will show up on my car's Infotainment screen???

Last edited:

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
As I type this there have been 144 views but only one response.
That's because this is a tough one!
Why do I call it a tough one?
I was just on a call with a T-Mobile Customer Service "Expert". (I'm their customer since forever)
She said my SD Card and my SIM card (from my current phone) will be placed into my wife's Samsung Note 8.
Those are the brains of the phone so the android auto app "might" recognize it and display it on my Mazda's Infotainment Screen.
If it doesn't then I am supposed to contact the dealership I bought the car from for assistance.
If anyone has a more confident answer than the T-Mobile "Expert" I'd be glad to read what you have to say :)

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

It’s not really a tough one. Android Auto mirrors the phone. As long it’s a compatible phone the car doesn’t really care. You can also plug in an iPhone and CarPlay will pop up. T-Mobile isn’t going to give you an absolute answer because the car isn’t their device and can’t stop people from still messing things up. At the most you’ll have to pair the phone to use Bluetooth and wireless Android Auto which shouldn’t take more than a couple of minutes.

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
My wife and I switched phones tonight. Android Auto was NOT carried over. Just my photos and contacts were moved from the LG to this Samsung Galaxy Note 8. I had to go to the Google Play Store and download Android Auto. Tomorrow I will deal with trying it in the car

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom