Taking life vests for kids

blobula

Original Poster
Hello,

I was curious if the Disney resorts offered life vests at the pool areas? Specifically AoA and POFQ. If not, have any of you taken life vests on trips for your kids? My children will be 3 and 5 at the time of travel and may or may not be able to swim. I figured having a life vest or something similar would be good to have. Would an inflatable life vest be a good option to store in suitcase?

Curious what others may have done.

Thanks!

Tinkerbell397

Life vests are available but my daughter brought "puddle jumpers". They give kids more freedom of movement in the pool. Her kiddos are 2 and 4.

dreamfinder

There should be a rack available at each main pool area. If your kids have never used them, then they should be fine with the ones they have. But some may find them to be uncomfortable compared to some of the other ones on the market.

kimberlymautz

My daughter (she was 5) used the Disney vest when she went in the pool while we were there in September and had no issues with it, and she's used to just wearing swimmies. I think it depends on the kids but most will deal with it in order to get into the pool at all.

correcaminos

We have always just used the life vests that Disney provides. They are really good and my son enjoyed wearing them.

I haven't paid attention to slides - I think you can wear them down IIRC from the signs I saw. I will say we had a rule no slides until you can swim on your own. Really pushed the desire to learn to swim higher for us ;)

Marianm

My son is a pretty good swimmer but I may pack one of those for my daughter. She'll be 4 and she's a little less confident in water. I'd rather have her in something she's comfortable in than one of their life vests

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom