Taking Baby Bo to Pigeon Forge - a Live JenniferS Trip Report (7/23 - 8/8)

trr1

Bigggggg accident on the I75, so our travel time to Buc-ee’s was more than double what GPS advised. We were coming this way anyway.

$263.92 later ….

View attachment 658968
View attachment 658970
View attachment 658972

All fed up and gassed up, and getting back on the highway. Waze advises an arrival time of 1:50. Waze doesn’t know we have a pup on board or how small my bladder is.
did the food gas you up?if so too bad you cant put it into the tank

erstwo

I think with the dinner shows you have to look at it this way - would you pay $50 per person for the meal you were served? Would you pay $50 per person for the show you saw?

Would love to know your rating if it was broken out that way! I haven't done a dinner show in Gatlinburg since the Dixie Stampede in the early 2000's!

cgersic

Should have nice breezes though.
Be careful what you wish for!
Blowing Away Tropical Storm GIF by Weather Underground

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
I think with the dinner shows you have to look at it this way - would you pay $50 per person for the meal you were served? Would you pay $50 per person for the show you saw?

Would love to know your rating if it was broken out that way! I haven't done a dinner show in Gatlinburg since the Dixie Stampede in the early 2000's!
I guess I subconsciously compared it to Hoop Dee Doo. Same price. Food was nowhere near as good. Show was nowhere near as good. No booze included.

I just asked Mike his opinion. He said the food AND show together were worth $50 per person. I concur.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad we did it, but it’s a one and done. HDDR we’ve done many, many times.

Dr. Nigel Channing

Mini Putt - 17/18
(Inside joke)
Not my favourite course of the ones we’ve played, but hey, I won.
The theming idea of playing in a giant toy land was clever, even if it did seem like it stole a page from TSL, but the course is WAY too new to have so many broken and shut-off effects. Hole 18 was an embarrassment for being part of Pigeon Forge's newest mini putt.

Still though, great times. The best part was these people.
IMG_20220806_213726241.jpg

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
Enjoyed following as always! Wave on your way to The Keys!
I asked Mike where we were stopping in GA for the night … thought we could get together for some Mellow Mushroom; but it’s not going to work out.

Once we hook up the RV in Pigeon Forge, he’s got us driving through to Cordele or Tifton.

So yes, we’ll wave for sure! 👋👋

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I asked Mike where we were stopping in GA for the night … thought we could get together for some Mellow Mushroom; but it’s not going to work out.

Once we hook up the RV in Pigeon Forge, he’s got us driving through to Cordele or Tifton.

So yes, we’ll wave for sure! 👋👋
I’m both sad (no MM) and happy (wave).

Tell Mike he needs to plan to stop at Lake Allatoona on your way home. Mellow on me!

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
Late yesterday, I ordered the Garmin RV 890 from Amazon. Delivered this morning.

No more freak outs if we get booted off a truck/RV safe route onto a secondary route. Mike’s panic at seeing that seemingly-low bridge in Knoxville was real!

Last edited:

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
I’m both sad (no MM) and happy (wave).

Tell Mike he needs to plan to stop at Lake Allatoona on your way home. Mellow on me!
We are planning our route, and will definitely be stopping near you on our way home. Mike just said - Message Tuvalu, let her know.

Originally he was resistant to meeting my Disney “friends”, but so far each has been an absolute delight! Based on your comments on my various trip reports, he thinks you would be a hoot to meet.

I’ll PM you with a definite date next month, and we’ll see if we can make it happen. 🙂

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom