Take My Cultural Anthropology Report Survey?

kingslyZISSOU

Original Poster
Would you guys (and gals) take this survey to help me get some research for my Cultural Anthropology Class? I think you would all enjoy it.

This interview is for my ethnology. A summarization will be made from the collected data to better inform others on the co-culture of Disney fanaticism. Information will not be used to expose individuals or for any financial gain.
Almost everyone here is an expert on in this field, so I would love to hear your input.

Please copy and paste the questions into your replies (answering under the addressed question), to make it easier to sort through the Data! Thanks for your time!

1. What is your name? (or pseudonym/ Screen name, if you prefer)

2. What is your age range?
A. Under 18
B. 18 to 30
C. 30 and up

3. A. What is your occupation?
B. What is your area of Residence?

4. When did you first start becoming interested in Disney (Parks, films, etc.)?

5. What are some Disney related activities or events that you participate in (or attend) ?

6. A. How many people do you know personally that are Disney fanatics?
B.How do you know them?

7. A. Do you spend money on Disney paraphernalia or events/ activities?
B. How much (estimate) do you spend on this annually?

8. A. What acronyms or slang terms do you know of that are used when discussing Disney?
B. Which ones do you use personally?

9. A. Why do you enjoy Disney?
B. Why do you think other people enjoy it?

Disneyson 1

1. What is your name?
Disneyson 1

A. Under 18

3. A. What is your occupation?
Student
B. What is your area of Residence?
Long Island, NY

4. When did you first start becoming interested in Disney (Parks, films, etc.)?
During the time of my parent's divorce, Mom took me on, like, 15 trips to Disney. Add to that that I loved Disney before, I became hooked!

5. What are some Disney related activities or events that you participate in (or attend) ?

This site and others (need a list? I'll make one up if you want.) D23, armchair Imagineering

6. A. How many people do you know personally that are Disney fanatics?
None.

7. A. Do you spend money on Disney paraphernalia or events/ activities?
Yes.
Well, $75 for D23, plus extra for misc. items, esp. if I go to a park.

8. A. What acronyms or slang terms do you know of that are used when discussing Disney?
Oh my gosh, so many! Here's just some: http://wdwmagic.com/Acronyms.htm

9. A. Why do you enjoy Disney?
The special effects, story, rides, and overall feeling of the parks. Also, the stories of the movies are timeless.
B. Why do you think other people enjoy it?
Most likely the same reasons.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
1. What is your name? (or pseudonym/ Screen name, if you prefer)

Tiggerific418

A. Under 18
B. 18 to 30
C. 30 and up

B. 18 to 30

3. A. What is your occupation? Teacher
B. What is your area of Residence? New Jersey

4. When did you first start becoming interested in Disney (Parks, films, etc.)? I have always watched Disney movies as long as I can remember. My first trip to WDW was in 1990.

5. What are some Disney related activities or events that you participate in (or attend) ? Visiting this site multiple times each day, pin trading locally and in the parks, meeting up in the parks with numerous friends I have made from this site.

6. A. How many people do you know personally that are Disney fanatics? At home: 5 Friends from this site who I have met in person: easily 20+ people
B.How do you know them? At home they are relatives and life long friends. The rest are from this site and a few other places on the internet.

7. A. Do you spend money on Disney paraphernalia or events/ activities? Absolutely! Multiple trips per year, Disney collectibles, and memberships to various Disney related things.
$2000 is a conservative estimate...I am sure it is way more than that but I can't admit it!

8. A. What acronyms or slang terms do you know of that are used when discussing Disney? I use abbreviations for attractions, parks, shows, etc both in spoken and written communication with fellow Disney fanatics.
B. Which ones do you use personally? I couldn't even begin to list them all.

9. A. Why do you enjoy Disney? It has always been a big part of my life. I love the characters from the movies. Spending time in the parks is my favorite way to spend a day. It never gets old and the sense of calm I experience when on a Disney vacation is something I haven't been able to reproduce anywhere else.

B. Why do you think other people enjoy it? I am sure many other fanatics (vs. casual Disney-goers) share the same reasons I do. People who don't quite fit the "fanatic" category probably enjoy it for the imersiveness of a trip to Disney. It is unlike anywhere else you can go in the world.

hcswingfield

Institutional Review Board - almost any academic institution requires IRB approval for research involving human subjects, to ensure ethical conduct, scientific integrity, and compliance with government regulations. Since the OP said he's doing this for a class, he must be at an institution with an IRB. If he doesn't have IRB approval, no academic journal will publish the results of the survey.

Institutional Review Board - almost any academic institution requires IRB approval for research involving human subjects, to ensure ethical conduct, scientific integrity, and compliance with government regulations. Since the OP said he's doing this for a class, he must be at an institution with an IRB. If he doesn't have IRB approval, no academic journal will publish the results of the survey.

I thought he was just doing this for a class? I remember having to survey people for statistics class...don't remember anyone talking about publishing anything.

So far I haven't seen anything unethical...as to compliance with government regulations...feh. At the risk of sounding like a lefty, to heck with government regulations. Freeeedom!

BigB911

1. What is your name? BigB911

2. What is your age range? C
A. Under 18
B. 18 to 30
*C. 30 and up*

3. A. What is your occupation? 911 Telecommunicator
B. What is your area of Residence? Allegheny County

4. When did you first start becoming interested in Disney (Parks, films, etc.)? As long as I can remember, but interest really intensified when my daughter was born in 2003.

5. What are some Disney related activities or events that you participate in (or attend) ? Went to Disney on Ice last month. Watch Disney Channel everyday and anytime something WDW related is on the Travel Channel.

6. A. How many people do you know personally that are Disney fanatics? 5
B.How do you know them? Through work

7. A. Do you spend money on Disney paraphernalia or events/ activities? Yes
B. How much (estimate) do you spend on this annually? $2,000

8. A. What acronyms or slang terms do you know of that are used when discussing Disney? A whole bunch.
B. Which ones do you use personally? A lot! ADR's probably tops the list.

9. A. Why do you enjoy Disney? Seeing my daughter's face light up, feeling my face light up, meeting the characters, super-friendly CM's, great food, great rides & attractions...what's not to enjoy?
B. Why do you think other people enjoy it? For the same reasons as me?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom