TAFI ALLIANCE AWARDS NOMINATION THREAD

Sam Magic

Original Poster
ww193p.png

It's that time of year again! Time to nominate the best and greatest of this forum and the contributions people have made this year!

Nonetheless we couldn't let the year close without the site's annual Christmas and New Year celebration of Imagineering talent. So, welcome ladies and gentlemen of WDWMagic, to the city of Sydney for the launch of the Second edition of the Official TAFI Alliance Awards.

Olympic-Rainbow-1.jpg

The Australian Ministry of Tourism Presents the Cultural Showcase of our Host City​

Now for the national Anthem of Australia, performed by Julie Anthony:

Thank You Sydney and Australia for your warm welcome!
Okay, I guess this kick-off is a week latter than usual, but I didn't want to run the risk of it being too late. But Christmas is just around the corner, the New Year is nigh, and, well, I had the time to finally open this thread up!​

To introduce the theme for this year's Nominations Round 1, I'll hand over to Australia's own showtune chanteuse Caroline O'Connor to explain exactly what you're limits are for nominations. Over to you Caroline....

Thank you Caroline for that wonderful performance! As you can tell, the limit is Anything Goes!

This is only half true, you still have some limitations. So here are the rules: You must nominate at least one and at most two people, teams, or projects for each of the categories below. The projects must have been created from December 1st, 2014 to November 30th, 2015. Any threads created within that window (even if new content is posted in December of 2015) will be eligible. Any further questions are to be directed towards me. The period of nominations ends midnight (ET) December 23rd. The final three nominees for each category will be selected from the pool provided and be voted on by the members here. This process will be applied to each category. The final three nominees from each category will be announced on December 25th.

After the nominees have been drawn, everyone will receive the opportunity to vote. Though, we ask official nominees, in the spirit of fair sportsmanship not to vote in the categories they are nominated in, and do not campaign for votes. On December 31st the results of the voting will be revealed in a video. The video will be posted on to the Town Hall thread and this thread.

The Nomination Categories are:
  • Best Park
  • Best Resort
  • Best Hotel
  • Best Attraction
  • Best Land
  • Best General Concept
  • Best Group Presentation
  • Best Individual Presentation
  • Best Art
  • Best Team
  • Best Imagineer All-Around
  • Best Artist
  • Most Innovative Concept
  • Best Judge or Host
  • Best Video
  • Best Imagineering Thread
These categories are not limited only to contests. I encourage you to also nominate regular threads!

Let the nominations begin! Below are date reminders.

Nomination Round 1 ends December 23rd.
Nomination Round 2 ends December 25th. Final Nominees Promptly Announced.
Final Voting Takes Place from December 25th to December 29th.
Official Ceremony is December 31st.

Please direct any questions to Sam4D23.

Last edited:

spacemt354

Chili's
I guess i'll kick it off;)

Though...some of these may change because I'm unsure on the definitions of a few. Also I only put one person for each...because it's the first that came to mind. I may expand it to the max of two over the next few days.

Best Park
@DisneyManOne - Epcot Center: A New Generation

Best Resort

@Vipraa - Texas Disney Resort

Best Hotel

Seven Wonders Resort: Team Wonders of Disney - Session 8 Part 1 - The Creator Games
I'll be honest I don't remember very many hotels this year...so this may change if I can find some others.

Best Attraction

@mharrington - Mickey's Colorfully Timeless Twist
Definitely the most detailed and well-thought out attraction I've seen (or remember) this year.

Best Land
@tcool123 - The Capitol - A Hunger Games Land
I'm not even a Hunger Games fan but now I want to go see the rest of the films...that's what a good land does.

Best General Concept

@englanddg - The Imagineer's Workshop Thread
Note - I'm not sure on the definition of this...what is a concept? A project or an idea? Or anything? I went with something that I plan to add to when I have time. It's probably the most underrated thread on the boards, imo.

Best Group Presentation

Pokemon - Team Sklaronah - Challenge 2 Immunity - The Sole Imagineer
(I linked it above because it's awesome) I'm also assuming "presentation" means aesthetics...like visuals, art, website, etc

Best Individual Presentation

Monorail Red - Challenge 3 World Showcase - 2014 Elite Eight
Overall one of the best projects I've seen ever.

Best Art

MCParradox - The Choice Challenge 2
2ydyID1.png

Best Team

Team Monorail Red - The Choice
Most dominant team the entire year...only lost one challenge. The rest I couldn't decide because they changed up so frequently. People would move all the time...this was the only team that remained relatively the same throughout an entire comp.

Best Imagineer All-Around

@MonorailRed
"All-around" to me means someone that everyone can interact with, who's humble and approachable, but also gets stuff done. Since 2014 E8 counts...she won it. And while she might not have competed much in 2015...competing isn't everything. Always being there to help with all things imagineering and just being a kind person to everyone. That's what it's about.

Best Artist

@MCParradox
Biggest surprise of the year for me was his art. It's outstanding...and I hope to see more of it in The Final Festivus

Most Innovative Concept

@Basketbuddy101 Scribbles Pixar film - 1984 Competition

Best Judge or Host

@IDInstitute - The Creator Games
If it wasn't for him...I might not be here with you fine people:) He invited me onto his competition back in February where he was dedicated, innovative with the concept, and prepared. A lot of good options for this, but I'm going with IDI.

Best Video

Podcasts count? Because it's definitely any one of those Tribal Council shows. I'll go with this one where Tiki basically lays out his entire strategy for TSI live on air as the competition is going on:cool::p

Best Imagineering Thread

2014 ICS Elite Eight. Overall the best of the best with some stellar projects. I think it represents the Imagineering forum well.

Last edited:

RMichael21

Best General Concept
@englanddg - The Imagineer's Workshop Thread
Note - I'm not sure on the definition of this...what is a concept? A project or an idea? Or anything? I went with something that I plan to add to when I have time. It's probably the most underrated thread on the boards, imo.
It's more of a concept created in a competition or brainstorming thread. I'd say your nomination more applies to the Best Thread category.

spacemt354

Chili's
It's more of a concept created in a competition or brainstorming thread. I'd say your nomination more applies to the Best Thread category.
Isn't a thread a "general" concept though? Like the concept of bringing everyone together to teach each other how we do things? Idk...I just didn't want to repeat anything...because I would have picked one of my other nominations twice.

RMichael21

TAFI Alliance Awards 2015 - @RMichael21 's Nominations

Best Park:
I wasn't able to find a proper nominee in my book, so I'm just going to skip this one for this year. I'll update this if I find one. :)

--------------------
Best Resort:
Texas Disney Resort By @Vipraa
Created by @Vipraa, Texas Disney Resort has been nominated for its clear presentation and unique concepts.
--------------------
Best Hotel:
Disney's Grand European Resort By Team Goofy
Created by Team Oswald (@Sam4D23 and @DSquared ) in The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 3, Disney's Grand European Resort took a fresh take on an often overused idea. This resort has been nominated because I believe that taking old ideas and reinventing them was a huge risk on their part.
--------------------
Best Attraction:

The Depth of Hades by @Zweiland
Created by @Zweiland, The Depth of Hades was a unique walkthrough created during The Sole Imagineer for Universal's Islands of Adventure. I have nominated this because of its unique theme and design.
--------------------
Best Land:

Pokémon Viridian City By Team Sklaronah
This is an outstanding concept created by Team Sklaronah (@IDInstitute, @englanddg, @TheOriginalTiki, @JoseLorenzo, @Matt7187 and @InfiniteRightEar97 ) in The Sole Imagineer. I have nominated this concept because it is not only a stellar project in its own, but its amazing website puts it in a whole new category. The website can be found HERE.
--------------------
Best General Concept:

Inventus by @tcool123
Created for the finale of The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 3, Inventus was an amazing park created by @tcool123 .
--------------------
Best Group Presentation:

Golden World by Team Baxtanu
Created for Episode 5 Immunity Challenge of The Sole Imagineer, Baxtanu did a stellar job of organizing their Walt Disney World Golden Celebration and sticking with a central color scheme. The website can be found HERE.
--------------------
Best Individual Presentation:

The Villains' Takeover Headquarters by @DisneyPrincess1993
Created during The Creator Games!, The Villains' Takeover headquarters is an outstanding concept for Magic Kingdom's Fantasyland. Not only was the concept amazing itself, but @DisneyPrincess1993 created a stellar website to match it. The website can be found HERE.
--------------------
Best Art:

Journey to the Center of the Earth By @MCParradox
j8xiMYF-1.png

--------------------
Best Team:

Team Sklaronah in The Sole Imagineer
Team Sklaronah was one of the teams in January's The Sole Imagineer. I have picked Sklaronah over Baxtanu because the winner of the competition was a part of them. :) Sklaronah was made up of @@IDInstitute, @englanddg, @TheOriginalTiki, @JoseLorenzo, @Matt7187, @jdmdisney99 and @InfiniteRightEar97
--------------------
Best Imagineer All-Around:

@Zweiland
Zweiland is being nominated for Best Imagineer All-Around due to his stellar work in The Sole Imagineer (6th Place) and The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 3 (5th place). He is also known for his victory in The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 2: International Edition.
--------------------
Best Artist:

@Zweiland
I have nominated @Zweiland for his outstanding work in The Sole Imagineer and The Sorcerer's Apprentice. Throughout these two competitions, @Zweiland created one of a kind masterpieces that I believe deserve awards in themselves.
--------------------
Most Innovative Concept:

The S.E.A. World Sciences and Technology Pavilion By @TheOriginalTiki
I have nominated @TheOriginalTiki 's concept because at the time of its creation (and now too), there has really been nothing like it on these boards. This concept was created during The Creator Games!
--------------------
Best Judge or Host:

@Vipraa
I have nominated @Vipraa for the stellar judging job that he did for The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 3. He was always fair and was very consistent throughout the competition.
--------------------
Best Video:

Avalanche! By Team Goofy
Avalance! by Team Goofy (@Sam4D23 and @DSquared ) was a stellar concept created for the semi-finals of The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 3. The video can be found HERE.
--------------------
Best Imagineering Thread:

A Whole New World: My Vision For A Renovated Walt Disney World By @DisneyManOne
I have nominated this thread for its extremely creative and fresh take on a full refurbishment of Walt Disney World. This concept was created by @DisneyManOne.

RMichael21

After the nominees have been drawn the Alliance Awards Council will make the final vote. This council will be made from members that do not become nominees. This means that if you are nominated, but do not become a nominee, you will be on the council and get a chance to vote. If you are not nominated, but nominate others in this thread you will also be on this council. I will send the PM's to those members on December 16th, (note that these will not be group messages, but individual ones).Following the Official Announcement Ceremony on December 31st, the tally's but not names of the votes will be made public.
Honestly, I'm just reading this now, why do we have to change it from last year? I believe that last year's method worked perfectly fine, plus it allowed non-members or observers to vote as well. It gets more of the community involved. However, if you're already set on it, it'll be fine with me anyway. :p:)

spacemt354

Chili's
Honestly, I'm just reading this now, why do we have to change it from last year? I believe that last year's method worked perfectly fine, plus it allowed non-members or observers to vote as well. It gets more of the community involved. However, if you're already set on it, it'll be fine with me anyway. :p:)
Yeah I'd agree with this. I thought this was just nominations, narrow it down if you have to, then create a poll and vote among the community?

RMichael21

Yeah I'd agree with this. I thought this was just nominations, narrow it down if you have to, then create a poll and vote among the community?
How we did it last year was we nominated a bunch of people and then randomly picked 3 of those nominees and put those three in a survey monkey poll, which allowed people from outside of the site to vote as well. Honestly, we could completely cut out the first step and it'd be fine. Just put every nominee mentioned in a poll. :)

spacemt354

Chili's
I believe there's less than 48 hours to make nominations for this if anyone would like to.

If I could, I might suggest to Sam to extend the due date

Perhaps just homogenize the two nomination dates and make it one due date on the 15th... that way people have another weekend to pick their selections....because it does take time for some categories to choose especially if the projects aren't fresh in your mind.

Sam Magic

Original Poster
I believe there's less than 48 hours to make nominations for this if anyone would like to.

If I could, I might suggest to Sam to extend the due date

Perhaps just homogenize the two nomination dates and make it one due date on the 15th... that way people have another weekend to pick their selections....because it does take time for some categories to choose especially if the projects aren't fresh in your mind.
Noted. Due date extended to the 15th for nominations.

spacemt354

Chili's
So for anyone new or interested in nominations, here's last year's awards nomination thread:
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/tafi-alliance-awards-official-nomination-thread.893996/page-1

It would be nice I think to have a more diverse field of nominations, to recognize how well everyone did over the course of the year, but I also realize that there was a lot of content this year, so it takes time to get through everything.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/2015-imagineering-appendix.894447/
The appendix linked above by @IDInstitute might help you all with the competition side of things. With individual projects, anything from pg 1 - 15 (I believe) of the forum is fair game for a nomination.

Hopefully sometime this weekend people will have more time and can get their nominations in:)

spacemt354

Chili's
The Nominations so far (note I edited 2 of mine and there is only one nomination for best park so far)

Best Park:
Epcot Center: A New Generation by @DisneyManOne

Best Resort:
Texas Disney Resort by @Vipraa x2

Best Hotel:
Disney's Grand European Resort by Team Goofy
Seven Wonders Resort by Team Wonders of Disney

Best Attraction:
The Depth of Hades by @Zweiland
Mickey's Colorfully Timeless Twist by @mharrington

Best Land:
Pokémon Viridian City By Team Sklaronah
The Capitol - A Hunger Games Land by @tcool123

Best General Concept:
Inventus by @tcool123
Texas Disney Resort by @Vipraa

Best Group Presentation:
Golden World by Team Baxtanu
Pokemon Viridian City by Team Sklaronah

Best Individual Presentation:

The Villains' Takeover Headquarters by @DisneyPrincess1993
Challenge 3 World Showcase (Elite Eight) by @MonorailRed

Best Art:
Journey to the Center of the Earth by @MCParradox
j8ximyf-1-png.121933

The Living Seas by @MCParradox
2ydyID1.png

Best Team:
Team Sklaronah in The Sole Imagineer
Team MonorailRed in The Choice

Best Imagineer All-Around:
@Zweiland
@MonorailRed

Best Artist:
@Zweiland
@MCParradox

Most Innovative Concept:
The S.E.A. World Sciences and Technology Pavilion by @TheOriginalTiki
Scribbles Pixar film by @Basketbuddy101

Best Judge or Host:
@Vipraa
@IDInstitute

Best Video:
Avalanche! By Team Goofy
Tribal Council Show #8 by SoYouWantToBeAnImagineer

Best Imagineering Thread:
A Whole New World: My Vision For A Renovated Walt Disney World by @DisneyManOne
The Imagineer's Workshop by @englanddg

Last edited:

tcool123

Best Park - Texas Disneyland

Best Resort - Texas Disney Resort by @Vipraa

Best Hotel - Seven Wonders Resort by Team Wonders of Disney

Best Attraction - Star Wars : Chronicles of the Rebellion by @DisneyPrincess1993

Best Land - Viridian City by Team Sklaronah

Best General Concept - Walt Disney's Dream by @Flippin'Flounder

Best Group Presentation - Viridian City by Team Sklaronah

Best Individual Presentation - A Whole New World...Revisited by @DisneyManOne

Best Art - India Pavilion by @MonorailRed
imagejpg2_zps199ef84b.jpg

Best Team - Team MonorailRed from The Choice

Best Imagineer All-Around - @Zweiland

Best Artist - @MonorailRed

Best Judge or Host - @RMichael21

Best Video - Walt's Vault by @MonorailRed

Best Imagineering Thread - A Whole New World...Revisited by @DisneyManOne

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom