Tables in Wonderland phishing-like email?

ThatMouse

Original Poster
I just received an odd email about a special Tables in Wonderland event. The images attached are over-sized, as if they didn't understand how to re-size images in Photoshop properly for email. It's over 1MB. There is no phone number, no address, no department or person's name to contact. I'm asked to email my personal information and wait for someone to contact me for my credit card info over the phone!

Riiiiiiiight! This is how phishing works.

The sad thing is that this appears to be legit offer coming from Disney. I would hope that you could call 407-566-5858 to make the reservation safely though. I'm not sure why they are asking for info over email possibly prompting people to send their credit card #'s over insecure networks.

UPDATE: I just got a response from someone and they said "I must be new" and this is how it works and just google it and you'll find out we're legit. Well ok then. Whatever.

dreamfinder

Didn't get this one, but remember that at some of the Disney mailing lists were compromised recently. So if in doubt, look up the phone number independently and call them to ask. Not sure if the TiW list was compromised, but always better to be safe than sorry.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom