Tables in Wonderland for AP

disneygeek90

Original Poster
So for whatever reason I have never strongly looked into DD plans or TIW. I guess I always assumed they were for those that were spending a week or two with a hotel visit etc. I am an AP and now live about 15 mins away and am going once or twice a week. I'm assuming I would definitely get my money's worth on this plan?

Has anyone determined the 'threshold' to make it worth it or any other thoughts/opinions about it?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Since Tables in Wonderland costs $150/year, you'll need to spend over $750 in food and alcohol before you will see any savings. A family (or group of friends) will obviously reach $750 before a single person will.

Also, TiW is not valid at counter service locations in the MK, Epcot or DHS. It may be in AK (it used to be...not sure currently.) So if you don't dine at a lot of table service restaurants, it may not be of value to you. The savings is 20% off the bill, but an automatic 18% gratuity (off the non-discounted meal cost) is added back.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I agree that the big thing you have to consider is whether you will eat at the TS locations enough. We are also AP holders, and make 2-3 week long trips per year, but the TiW still saves us a lot of money. We more than broke even just on the first trip with the 2 of us, and we have 2 more trips to use it. One with 4 of us, so it will really add up.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
If I purchase a TIW card, I'm able to use the discount for my entire family correct? I wouldn't have to add my wife would I?
It's good for up to 10 people for the same meal that you are paying for. If she is away on her own or with friends, she would need her own additional card - which costs $50.

DisneyFans4Life

It's good for up to 10 people for the same meal that you are paying for. If she is away on her own or with friends, she would need her own additional card - which costs $50.
Gotcha. We're always together...at least when we're eating at the restaurants that the card is good at. We may have to look into getting this; we just dropped $100 at Hollywood and Vine on Saturday, not to mention in October we already have the following ADRs booked:

• Tony's Town Square
  • Yak & Yeti
  • Breakfast at Cape May
  • Be Our Guest (lunch)
  • 'Ohana (breakfast)
Granted that some of those restaurants won't accept TIW, but from what it looks like...3 of them will. Additionally we have 8 nights booked for March and will likely be dining at different restaurants.

The $750 number...that is total correct? Basically if my wife and I can eat $750 worth of meals in a 13 month span then it's worth it? We don't have to eat $750 each right?

Rob562

Gotcha. We're always together...at least when we're eating at the restaurants that the card is good at. We may have to look into getting this; we just dropped $100 at Hollywood and Vine on Saturday, not to mention in October we already have the following ADRs booked:

• Tony's Town Square
  • Yak & Yeti
  • Breakfast at Cape May
  • Be Our Guest (lunch)
  • 'Ohana (breakfast)
Granted that some of those restaurants won't accept TIW, but from what it looks like...3 of them will. Additionally we have 8 nights booked for March and will likely be dining at different restaurants.

The $750 number...that is total correct? Basically if my wife and I can eat $750 worth of meals in a 13 month span then it's worth it? We don't have to eat $750 each right?

$750 is the break-even point. The TiW card costs $150. 20% of $750 is $150. So up until $750 in food/alcohol purchases you're working toward the break-even point. But once you pass $750 in purchases you're then in savings territory.

Also note that it's good on alcohol, and is good at most bars and lounges around WDW. That includes those attached to restaurants like the Rose & Crown and the Tune-In Lounge next to Primetime Cafe.

-Rob

DisneyFans4Life

$750 is the break-even point. The TiW card costs $150. 20% of $750 is $150. So up until $750 in food/alcohol purchases you're working toward the break-even point. But once you pass $750 in purchases you're then in savings territory.

Also note that it's good on alcohol, and is good at most bars and lounges around WDW. That includes those attached to restaurants like the Rose & Crown and the Tune-In Lounge next to Primetime Cafe.

-Rob
That is good info to know. I think we will be going this route :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom