T3techcom's Holiday MVMCP MK Party Exclusive! 11-16-07

t3techcom18

Original Poster
Hey there everyone! I had the priviledge of going over to the MK this past Friday night for the Very Merry Christmas Party! I was glad to be back there finally after sooo long of not going MVMCP! Sooo, here's the pics and random notes to go along with it!

(Note: Due to the fact that I have about 50 pics that i uploaded on here, I'm not going to include all of them, but the ones that I think will be good on here. Also, took tons of Parade photos, but most of them are blurry unfortunately, BUT, if you guys still want to see em, I'll provide a link to my photo album on here to see them)

-- It REALLY did feel like Christmas last Friday I went. It. was. AMAZING. The CM's were top notch in their great attitudes and service was awesome! To give you an idea, it was awesome to see how one of the CM's over at Liberty Square yelled out to my Dad since he was wearing a yellow/burgundy red scarf around his neck, "GO GRYFFINDOR!!" It made us laugh a whole lot, it was awesome, especially since we are Harry Potter fans anyways, haha. It was around 47 degrees Friday night, and the CM's really stuck through thick and thin cause of the cold!

-- The icecicles on the Castle were amazing. Took plenty of pictures of them. I think this is an HUGE hit among everybody. There were people who literally sat in the Hub for a few to actually STARE at it. Some folks passed by me said to themselves or to one another, "Wow, this is really magical." They truly hit the ball out of the park on this idea.

-- The parade floats were a tiny bit delayed over each other while getting out at Frontierland (as in one went out, empty space, dancers, empty space, then float again, and sometimes more than a few minutes of empty space, especially at the end). On that note however, the parade was one of the best I had seen in years, and was definitely a LOT better than the other Christmas parade that was there year's past. The orchestration, melody, everything was better. Like the PandP Party a few months ago, a TON of new floats were created and some old ones were enhanced for it.

-- The most spectacular of these floats were Goofy's candy float, Chip and Dale's (complete with pine tree smell), the Toy Factory float (I swear it's the most complex float I've EVER seen), and Clarabelle's bakery, which smelled of gingerbread, yummm.

-- Some of the dancers do indeed have Wheelies and rollerblades on them! It's a nice contrast from what we're used to.

-- Friday was my first time watching Holiday Wishes. Amazing, absolutely amazing. I started getting teary eyed in some parts. Beautiful melody. I just wish there was some musical interlude like in Wishes to tell you that it's the beginning, cause the beginning really does make you jump if you're not watching the Castle's icicles start disappearing.

-- After the parade and fireworks, the maitenance crews went out with their giant vaccums, and it made PLENTY of noise and people traffic. Like the tourism folks over at the Orlando Sentinel said, they REALLY need to wait until park closing to bring those out. Thing is, I could see why they DID bring them out. It. was. BAD. TONS of trash and the cups from the hot cider/cocoa they were giving out lined up a good portion of the curb. I don't know if there was something in the air in FL that day, but sheesh, it's like that day nobody couldn't help themselves to put their trash in the trashcan. Yeesh.

-- I saw how some of the CM's checking for wristbands throughout the park were in the same dress as those over at the entrance, but there were a few

-- Everything was pretty much walk on, including Pirates and HM.

-- I thought it was really good how they REALLY blended the theme into EVERY single area this year. I don't know if they've done this in recent years or it was this year, but I don't remember seeing themed lighting or themed lighting in each of the lands, to the point where Adventureland was using a tropical sounding Jingle Bells tune, while Tomorrowland was using Mannheim Steamroller's Joy to the World. I REALLY liked that, the continuity and contiuation of themes wherever you go. Very smart on their part and very well played.

-- While we all know they didn't have Jamboree Christmas version this year, I did see them this year...how? They're walkaround characters! Sooo, if you're at MVMCP and you want your thirst of the Jamboree bears in their X-Mas forms, try and find 'em! I saw them over at the boat landing to Jungle Cruise (of all places for the bears to be, haha).

That's it for my notes, pics in a few!

t3techcom18

Original Poster
Here's the start of the pics! (Sorry for the blur ahead of time folks! I'm getting for X-Mas a new memory card for my camara, sooo, once I get it, no more blur shall happen!)

Look down Main Street, full of people going in, and full of people going out, and those who declared themselves indifferent, haha:

s_Very_Merry_Christmas_Party_11-16-07_001_Large_.jpg

Train Station Decked Out!:

s_Very_Merry_Christmas_Party_11-16-07_002_Large_.jpg

Another look at the huddles crowding Main Street, and a faroff point looking at the 'Ice Castle', getting closer...:

s_Very_Merry_Christmas_Party_11-16-07_004_Large_.jpg

Getting closer...

s_Very_Merry_Christmas_Party_11-16-07_005_Large_.jpg

MONEY SHOT!!!:

s_Very_Merry_Christmas_Party_11-16-07_006_Large_.jpg

Even closer...

s_Very_Merry_Christmas_Party_11-16-07_008_Large_.jpg

Now, the quest for a perfect artsy picture of the Ice Castle...

s_Very_Merry_Christmas_Party_11-16-07_035_Large_.jpg

More...

s_Very_Merry_Christmas_Party_11-16-07_037_Large_.jpg

Another MONEY SHOT!!:

s_Very_Merry_Christmas_Party_11-16-07_038_Large_.jpg

And the result...Christmastime at the Kingdom

s_Very_Merry_Christmas_Party_11-16-07_042_Large_.jpg

More to come!

t3techcom18

Original Poster
Fireworks pics!

Beginning:

s_Very_Merry_Christmas_Party_11-16-07_043_Large_.jpg

Bickering Light:

s_Very_Merry_Christmas_Party_11-16-07_044_Large_.jpg

*hums* Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells...

s_Very_Merry_Christmas_Party_11-16-07_045_Large_.jpg

POOM!:

s_Very_Merry_Christmas_Party_11-16-07_046_Large_.jpg

Purrty shot:

s_Very_Merry_Christmas_Party_11-16-07_047_Large_.jpg

Wooo!:

s_Very_Merry_Christmas_Party_11-16-07_048_Large_.jpg

Mexican Jumping Beans Known as Jelly Beans That FLY! (inside joke, haha):

s_Very_Merry_Christmas_Party_11-16-07_049_Large_.jpg

BEST. FIREWORKS. SHOT. I'VE. EVER. TAKEN.:

s_Very_Merry_Christmas_Party_11-16-07_050_Large_.jpg

Flyin' through the sky...

s_Very_Merry_Christmas_Party_11-16-07_051_Large_.jpg

Dandelion Wine:

s_Very_Merry_Christmas_Party_11-16-07_052_Large_.jpg

More to come!

Thumper's Mom

GORGEOUS SHOTS! :sohappy: My husband and I literally just had a conversation at the dinner table about how we miss going to WDW this year to see the decorations (we spent 2 weeks there in Sept). Now I see your photos...........thank you for taking such wonderful shots! I can just imagine I am there standing at the hub.......................

t3techcom18

Original Poster
More Mexican Jumping Beans!:

s_Very_Merry_Christmas_Party_11-16-07_053_Large_.jpg

Don't know why, but this reminded me of the Bellagio fountain...

s_Very_Merry_Christmas_Party_11-16-07_054_Large_.jpg

Rhapsody in Blue:

s_Very_Merry_Christmas_Party_11-16-07_055_Large_.jpg

Yes...those are sparklers on the Castle, haha:

s_Very_Merry_Christmas_Party_11-16-07_056_Large_.jpg

GRAND FINALE!:

s_Very_Merry_Christmas_Party_11-16-07_057_Large_.jpg

City Hall decked out:

s_Very_Merry_Christmas_Party_11-16-07_003_Large_.jpg

And sooo, the final pic I put on here...I swear, I LOVE these plushes, they're hilarious looking but so cute at the same time:

s_Very_Merry_Christmas_Party_11-16-07_059_Large_.jpg

Here's the link if you want to see the photos from the parade (Note: Sorry for the blur!!) in my gallery!: http://photoalbums.wdwmagic.com/showgallery.php?ppuser=7793&cat=500

Here's the links to the movie reviews I've done so far over in Chit Chat!
Zodiac; The Bourne Ultimatium http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=248268

Transformers; Battlestar Galactica: Razor http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=245632

Enjoy :wave:

t3techcom18

Original Poster
Great pics!

Christmas Country Bears Meet and Greets! WOW! Did you by chance get any photos of them?

No, unfortunately not since I was a bit short on time running from Pirates over to the Hub to get a good spot for Holiday Wishes. I noticed them twice, and looks like they roam around most of the time on the west side of the park, but it was funny; I didn't know what they were at first, cause all I saw was a bunch of funky bears walking with some Santa hats and red white-striped scarfs, and I was like...those bears look familiar, and on the second pass I FINALLY realized who they were when I saw them again, cause of the expressions of their faces (more specifically, the really tall one that sort of reminds me of Brad Garrett from Everybody Loves Raymond, haha), and the short round one, etc. I wish I could've taken a photo of them, but I definitely thought that was a treat. I haven't even SEEN them before this, I just wonder if this is new or not.

Anybody knows?

Love the pics! I was there the 16th too so it was fun reliving the night.
I hope you don't mind if I post one quick photo. Someone asked about the country bears and I was able to grab a pic with one of them. And notice the free hot chocolate, I went through about 10 of those in the night.
DSC01911b.jpg

Doombuggy13

Best Christmas Photo's I've seen yet. You really captured the Disney Christmas Magic with them. I'll be seeing them in 16 days and I can't wait.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
thanks for posting the pics and update. i think that castle decor looks pretty neat. i was thinking it might look a bit cheesy, but this isnt your local Home Depot lights. lol

julwh

I agree with everyone who posted before me - you took some great shots. The castle looks beautiful!

I can't wait to this year - I really need some Christmas cheer and I KNOW this will give me some after seeing your pics! :xmas:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom