T-Rex not included in DD

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
They are a third party owned restaurant and are not required to participate. For whatever reason Landry's has elected not to participate in it. I do not know what the official reason why but I would assume it is because they are already packing their restaurant at full price why do they need to offer it at a discount.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Thanks Master Yoda, I kinda thought that was the reason but was not sure.
I am not sure of the exact reason either. I am just guessing. All I know for sure is they are not owned by Disney but even considering that Landry's also owns Yack and Yeti and it is on the DDP.

RiversideBunny

There could be a difference in the degree of ownership in Yak and Yeti.
It may be more of a joint venture.
Or it could be that it's the only Landry's venture that is totally inside a park.

:)

luvlifeinfl

Original Poster
Well here is a funny thought, now the Rain Forest Cafe in AK is not on the DDP, but it is at accepted at the RFC @ DTD.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
There could be a difference in the degree of ownership in Yak and Yeti.
It may be more of a joint venture.
Or it could be that it's the only Landry's venture that is totally inside a park.

:)
I was kind of thinking more along the lines of Disney saying "So you want a restaurant inside a park? OK....but it has to be on the DDP." and Landry's replying "No problem! We will just charge $18 for a few shrimp in lemon broth and we will be fine."

luvlifeinfl

Original Poster
Wow then they might have changed it, cause 4 or 5 yrs ago I thought they said it was that way, but any way just kind of disppointed that T-Rex is not on the DDP, we thought of doing that place the night we were to leave ( well we still can just have to pay of pocket.

Oh and LOL on the Shrimp & lemon sauce...

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Wow then they might have changed it, cause 4 or 5 yrs ago I thought they said it was that way, but any way just kind of disppointed that T-Rex is not on the DDP, we thought of doing that place the night we were to leave ( well we still can just have to pay of pocket.

Oh and LOL on the Shrimp & lemon sauce...
Yak and Yeti was a big disappointment for me and my entire family so I never miss a chance to diss it. :drevil: One of these days I will have to go back and give it another chance but that first trip was bad enough to have kept us away since it opened in 2007.

tahqa

Honestly, I was not so impressed with T-Rex, so probably no big loss that it isn't on the dining plan. The food was overpriced and nothing to write home about.

luvlifeinfl

Original Poster
Yak and Yeti was a big disappointment for me and my entire family so I never miss a chance to diss it. :drevil: One of these days I will have to go back and give it another chance but that first trip was bad enough to have kept us away since it opened in 2007.

Wow, sorry to hear that we tried it last yr and we liked it. As for TS services not to many choices in AK.

I cannot wait till Sunday to finally post a pre-trip report. I should have all my ADR done.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Wow, sorry to hear that we tried it last yr and we liked it. As for TS services not to many choices in AK.

I cannot wait till Sunday to finally post a pre-trip report. I should have all my ADR done.
You sure got that right. We are booked for the new Tusker House in September and I am really looking forward to it. We also might give the picnic thing a whirl as well.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
You sure got that right. We are booked for the new Tusker House in September and I am really looking forward to it. We also might give the picnic thing a whirl as well.

I found Tusker to be very dissapointing compared to Boma. Let us know what you think when you get back.

luvlifeinfl

Original Poster

We looked at the Tusker House and my husband does not like Couscous, Humus and also a mention of a cold cut bar really turned him off. I pulled a more detailed menu from Allears.net.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
We looked at the Tusker House and my husband does not like Couscous, Humus and also a mention of a cold cut bar really turned him off. I pulled a more detailed menu from Allears.net.
I could almost live off couscous and humus. :slurp: I really like the exotic menu. Some of the people in my party will be just OK with it but I should be in heaven.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I'm so glad to hear we weren't the only ones to not like Y&Y the food was ok at best and our service was awful!
We had great service and the restaurant itself is beautiful but the food was just average. And the price...oh my god the price..... it was simply brutal. We had 6 adults and 1 child, drank no alcohol and the bill was well over $200 before tip for lunch. If the food was great I could have dealt with price tag but Wok and Roll quality for California Grill prices just doesn't jive with me.

worldfanatic

Honestly, I was not so impressed with T-Rex, so probably no big loss that it isn't on the dining plan. The food was overpriced and nothing to write home about.

No, it's probably not the best value or food quality.
But I, like most, go for the atmosphere.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom