SYWTBAI Season 18 - Round One: Team Old School Brainstorm Thread

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Hey y’all Im sorry to do this especially since I took the main attraction but I wont be able to work on it.

A lot of things in my life has just hit the fan right now, and needless to say it’s hindering my ability to focus.

Just one more thing during this whole pandemic make sure to keep in touch with your loved ones cause you’ll never know when it’s the last time you’ll get to see and talk to them.
Take care of things there. Don't even worry about this. This is more of a warm up round anyways.

If you do decide you need an escape (I know this forum has served as an escape for me during tough times in the past) you're welcome to come back to do something small. But if not, absolutely not a problem. Family and real life comes first. Take care, Tcool.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
I’m sorry to hear that as well. Please take this time to focus on yourself. We’ll still be here when you’re feeling better.

That being said, is there anyone who wants to tackle the e-ticket? If no one is comfortable, I can work on it with someone, but I won’t be able to do the whole thing on my own.
If you can give me a rough outline and/or scenes and names to google, I can write it up. I'm picturing it being rather simple in execution. Very focused on rockwork and environments and the thrill ride aspects. With other racers being mostly on screens that you pass. Throw in some rock music and pyro and a loop through the land and you're done

JokersWild

If you can give me a rough outline and/or scenes and names to google, I can write it up. I'm picturing it being rather simple in execution. Very focused on rockwork and environments and the thrill ride aspects. With other racers being mostly on screens that you pass. Throw in some rock music and pyro and a loop through the land and you're done
Yeah that sounds about right. My thought was to have guests venture into the wasteland (for gas maybe? Or maybe keep it unexplained.). War Boys show up in their cars, trying to drive guests off the road. Maybe some buzzards show up? I just love how visually striking they are. I think that a super cool setpiece would be the Doof Warrior signaling the rest of Imortan Joe's war party. I'd also love for Imortan Joe to make an appearance in The Gigahorse, but that might not make sense canonically. Max should definitely show up at the end in the Interceptor and help divert Joe/ the War Boys.

Those are the basics of my initial thoughts. Mad Max is kind of weird to make a proper story for, but its' so visually striking that I think that it would be to our benefit to focus more on the essence of the series/ large set pieces rather than a proper story. Give me a few and let me see if I can come up with a proper scene outline for you.

JokersWild

Queue:
.Guests wind through man-made caves, passing aborigine cave drawings as well work equipment from the settlement (car manufacturing equipment, car parts, maybe beds.)
.Load similar to that of RSR (openish cave looking out into the land. Possibly placed on upper floor? Whatever you wanna do.)

Ride:
.Cars leave cave. Guests are in marsh at twilight.
.Eerie. Sort of foggy. Far in the marsh, guests can see crow fishers
.Marsh quickly fades to open desert.
.Sounds of car engines. War Boys quickly swarm.
.Short thrill sequence of guests avoiding War Boys/ motorcyclists
.Guitar in distance.
.Round corner, find self face to face with the Doof Warrior, spitting fire as it signals Imortan Joe's War Party.
.War Party swarms.
.Action sequence. Pyrotechnics?
.The Gigahorse shows up. Things look bad.
.Max shows up.
.Guests try to escape as Max intercepts War Party
.Guests drive through small cave system.
.Back to the settlement.
.Elevated track above land back to load.

I'm not sure if I like it, but hopefully it at least illustrates my line of thinking for this type of attractions. Focus more on setpieces and the feeling of the films. Story is not terribly important. We can leave that to the land/ auxiliary attractions.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Queue:
.Guests wind through man-made caves, passing aborigine cave drawings as well work equipment from the settlement (car manufacturing equipment, car parts, maybe beds.)
.Load similar to that of RSR (openish cave looking out into the land. Possibly placed on upper floor? Whatever you wanna do.)

Ride:
.Cars leave cave. Guests are in marsh at twilight.
.Eerie. Sort of foggy. Far in the marsh, guests can see crow fishers
.Marsh quickly fades to open desert.
.Sounds of car engines. War Boys quickly swarm.
.Short thrill sequence of guests avoiding War Boys/ motorcyclists
.Guitar in distance.
.Round corner, find self face to face with the Doof Warrior, spitting fire as it signals Imortan Joe's War Party.
.War Party swarms.
.Action sequence. Pyrotechnics?
.The Gigahorse shows up. Things look bad.
.Max shows up.
.Guests try to escape as Max intercepts War Party
.Guests drive through small cave system.
.Back to the settlement.
.Elevated track above land back to load.

I'm not sure if I like it, but hopefully it at least illustrates my line of thinking for this type of attractions. Focus more on setpieces and the feeling of the films. Story is not terribly important. We can leave that to the land/ auxiliary attractions.
I like it, simple and easy to implement focused on cool big scenes and thrills

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Stuffs to do.
Bigger stuff is more important or needs more detail.
Red is unclaimed, Yellow is claimed, Green is done.

General
Attractions
Shopping
Dining
Whatever people wanna do, go for it! We got all the big stuff claimed!

@orlando678- I know you were hesitant to do the flat ride, but how would you feel about a restaurant or a street show?

@Basketbuddy101 I'm not sure how much free time you have this round, but I know you've done some great flat rides before if you'd be interested in that! Or some art for the land.

@gam3rprincess I know you said you had finals and were gonna be busy, go get that A! If you wanted an excuse to procrastinate, I know you love signature food/drinks and so does Universal. Maybe a gasoline themed smoothie? lol. No pressure though. Real life first. Just wanted to make sure you knew there were easy options to be involved if you wanted it.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
And no, "Netflix" doesn't count as an IP :p :p
Discovered this many days too late and it was a bad idea anyways, but...

Bojack, Stranger Things, Kimmy Schmidt, Black Mirror, Fuller House, Queer Eye, all crossed over ;)

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Got this in the Doc already, but wanted to share it here.

The Crow’s Nest - Ropes Course
TEk2gHdQ7s-OdiV8fnSE5xexzCQ5VH6p1Pit9Aoiqvnm5zz7JXZmhsrK8mfJjZT387cWHMMOWomVV7HVi68lOxQzwR0vjx1SDDADx3BXXykieEvwUKtRWgtAKRcqnxM9TO07WDWA
CVLBD86cs380oLukHYP3HdVxIwSxBcAFoNVl3lM46b6bOao0W3Zu6ZQ1Jr7VEU3nUz-41zASnpMA536G0Wmq4Wywv2mWUmkxVobLDnlwKfN6AUoHiUfSHc5SGV3eGUt5RwJfwvhZ

Younger Road Warriors can climb to the top of the tallest Butte of the Wasteland. There are four different paths to explore the rocky terrain full of rusted metal and broken car parts as guests train to become War Boys and ride shiny and chrome!

The first path is The Chrome Caverns. These involve winding mostly through maze-like caves that intersect with each other and wind their way up to the top of the butte. This course is open for all ages and the only challenge comes from navigating the labyrinth like nature of the caves.

The second path is The War Pup’s Climb. This is aimed at younger guests and is really more of a playground than anything. But there are plenty of nets to climb and suspension bridges to bounce across to get to the top of the butte. As well as plenty of slides for getting back down!

The third path is The Guzzolene Gulch. This one is a more complicated rope’s course requiring guests be within a certain height range and wear a safety harness. It weaves through the other paths incorporating elements of the caves and climbing walls from the War Pup’s path. The track for Mad Max: Road to Valhalla runs right through Guzzolene Gulch leading to even more excitement! Perhaps the coolest feature of the Gulch path is getting to swing across a gap on one of the iconic swinging poles from Fury Road!
TZt2aR1F9RWgBcECrpueYPg-LC8aubWUqPNQI4r_FLAaATFT9EL-uktRDXuVChQw2-sOCDpe6ITCtQklpQ8GpD30zN_0qqu2vy2U8sy3dHDHSPmNSnrE84tsZZCDx5cfyOEm4AOr

F8WJ8tIriQrpnSEQ4Zjq85RRg1WECE994e2SHljuOs7qk5wKenMii-nWQqeUJAkM27fveVYlHkpcSPJjyu9qUlh5psLGmRqiCi8k9eusNYMG9LOCQSHL4IZl54cLKkOTsPkjC6Q7
0T1PrbXcWKKsHY8LCzpUXHeukBuZ1zvKNoRLScpZD_15ZJxCfsUDOWkMPHAb3x4oSfo-6P86zhQMbXfMFlFfKJixjFqx3kwZf5T69uOppraGAfcw_zuG8-0v9xnaPW6pWphjnfcM

The fourth and final path is The Path of the Green Place. This one is just a sloped path for those who want to see the top of butte without navigating a maze or doing the rope trail. They do pass by a hidden garden tucked away from the eyes of Immortan Joe. Not much grows in the Wasteland which makes the few flowers here a precious treasure and a promise what lies in wait at the fabled Green Place all War Boys dream of.

Whichever path is taken, they all lead to The Crow’s Nest. An observation deck of sorts on top of the butte. It gives guests great views of the entire Wasteland and even a good vantage out at the hub for the park. After nightfall, the Shaman storyteller from the streetmosphere show will come to the top of the Butte to describe the constellations visible in the night sky and the unique legends of the Mad Max world behind them. These might be the same stars visible everywhere in Orlando, but those who live in the Wasteland see them very differently.​

JokersWild

@JokersWild are there any area details you want on the map? No rush, I probably won't do too much with it till Sunday
Oof. Sorry I was asleep. I can’t think of anything that really needs to go on the map that isn’t there already. The CS is going to be outside so if you want to convey that in the map. And maybe make the main shop ever so slightly bigger. I’d like to use it as a weenie to the back of the land, with the Crow’s Nest acting as a weenie into the land from the park’s hub.

Crow’s Nest looks fantastic, and I’m excited to see the finished map. Great job, everyone.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
I suppose I could do the bar/main restaurant...
Awesome!

Oof. Sorry I was asleep. I can’t think of anything that really needs to go on the map that isn’t there already. The CS is going to be outside so if you want to convey that in the map. And maybe make the main shop ever so slightly bigger. I’d like to use it as a weenie to the back of the land, with the Crow’s Nest acting as a weenie into the land from the park’s hub.

Crow’s Nest looks fantastic, and I’m excited to see the finished map. Great job, everyone.

Thanks! And no worries, like I said, won't be doing much till Sunday. And probably won't change too much from the draft beyond polishing the drafter and a few changes like what you mentioned

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Stuffs to do.
Bigger stuff is more important or needs more detail.
Red is unclaimed, Yellow is claimed, Green is done.

General
Attractions
Shopping
Dining
Whatever people wanna do, go for it! We got all the big stuff claimed!

@orlando678- I know you were hesitant to do the flat ride, but how would you feel about the street show?

@Basketbuddy101 I'm not sure how much free time you have this round, but I know you've done some great flat rides before if you'd be interested in that! Or some art for the land.

@gam3rprincess I know you said you had finals and were gonna be busy, go get that A! If you wanted an excuse to procrastinate, I know you love signature food/drinks and so does Universal. Maybe a gasoline themed smoothie? lol. No pressure though. Real life first. Just wanted to make sure you knew there were easy options to be involved if you wanted it.

JokersWild

I can work on a flat ride, sure. A little short on ideas, however. I don't know the first thing about Mad Max, frankly.
That's ok. You don't need to know a ton about it, especially with the flatride. If you want to work off of what Orlando and I were talking about yesterday or the day before that would be great. If you'd rather do your own thing that's fine too, and I'll be happy either way.

Hmm what if for the flat ride, we make it a go-carts-Flying Tires-Aquatopia hybrid, where drivers control their own ATVs (trackless) to explore the rocky and dune-like landscape + bump into each other?
I get you. What you presented is a super solid starting point at least. Maybe we can take cue from the game and have guests minesweep? Like they're put into these weird handmade "propeller" vehicles that can smoothly cross desert and detect mines without detonating them? Then have the attraction work like aquatopia like you said. Maybe start in like a small open cave, and then have the bulk of the ride take place fully outside and in view of the guests? Those are my initial thoughts for something like this at least. The only issue I see with that story is why are there mines inside of the canyon? If we could get the setting outside of the canyon/ settlement that would solve that, but I'm not sure how we could go about doing that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom