SYWTBAI Season 18 - Round One: Team Old School Brainstorm Thread

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Stuffs to do. Bigger stuff is more important or needs more detail. Red is unclaimed, Yellow is claimed, Green is done.

General
Attractions
  • Mad Max: Road to Valhalla (Working Title, feel free to change it)
  • Thunderdome Stunt Show
  • Flat Ride (Still not sure what this is)
  • The Crow's Nest Ropes Course
  • Streetmosphere Stage
    • Doof Warrior Musician
    • Storyteller Shaman
Shopping
  • Immersive Create-A-Car Store/Experience
  • Small General Store
Dining
  • Bar/Main Restaurant
  • QSR Stand
Whatever people wanna do, go for it!

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Stuffs to do.
Bigger stuff is more important or needs more detail.
Red is unclaimed, Yellow is claimed, Green is done.

General
Attractions
  • Mad Max: Road to Valhalla (Working Title, feel free to change it) - @tcool123
  • Thunderdome Stunt Show - @AceAstro
  • Flat Ride (Still not sure what this is)
  • The Crow's Nest Ropes Course - @Pi on my Cake
  • Streetmosphere Stage
    • Doof Warrior Musician
    • Storyteller Shaman
Shopping
Dining
Whatever people wanna do, go for it! We got all the big stuff claimed!

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Presentation wise, I say we keep it real simple. Google Doc. I know it isn't anything special, but where this is sort of a warm up round without having final teams, I think keeping things easy is smart. Plus, it is really easy to all work on together. AND if someone gets inspired and we want to do a more exciting presentation, the Docs would mean it would already be all in one place.

JokersWild

Presentation wise, I say we keep it real simple. Google Doc. I know it isn't anything special, but where this is sort of a warm up round without having final teams, I think keeping things easy is smart. Plus, it is really easy to all work on together. AND if someone gets inspired and we want to do a more exciting presentation, the Docs would mean it would already be all in one place.

Looks done to me.

JokersWild

Hmm what if for the flat ride, we make it a go-carts-Flying Tires-Aquatopia hybrid, where drivers control their own ATVs (trackless) to explore the rocky and dune-like landscape + bump into each other?
That's a great idea, and should fit in the footprint? Maybe instead of ATVs the vehicles could be something more handmade-looking? Like maybe something more rounded? Just to simplify movement. Is the flatride something you'd like to work on?

orlando678-

That's a great idea, and should fit in the footprint? Maybe instead of ATVs the vehicles could be something more handmade-looking? Like maybe something more rounded? Just to simplify movement. Is the flatride something you'd like to work on?
Well im kind of anxious to work on it, because I have a few ideas but not necessarily a very detailed plan for the ride, so that's why I wanted to share a vision and see if we could come up with a more concrete direction for it.

Brer Panther

Logo's done.

Mad-Max-logo.png

JokersWild

Well im kind of anxious to work on it, because I have a few ideas but not necessarily a very detailed plan for the ride, so that's why I wanted to share a vision and see if we could come up with a more concrete direction for it.
I get you. What you presented is a super solid starting point at least. Maybe we can take cue from the game and have guests minesweep? Like they're put into these weird handmade "propeller" vehicles that can smoothly cross desert and detect mines without detonating them? Then have the attraction work like aquatopia like you said. Maybe start in like a small open cave, and then have the bulk of the ride take place fully outside and in view of the guests? Those are my initial thoughts for something like this at least. The only issue I see with that story is why are there mines inside of the canyon? If we could get the setting outside of the canyon/ settlement that would solve that, but I'm not sure how we could go about doing that.

tcool123

Hey y’all Im sorry to do this especially since I took the main attraction but I wont be able to work on it.

A lot of things in my life has just hit the fan right now, and needless to say it’s hindering my ability to focus.

Just one more thing during this whole pandemic make sure to keep in touch with your loved ones cause you’ll never know when it’s the last time you’ll get to see and talk to them.

AceAstro

Hey y’all Im sorry to do this especially since I took the main attraction but I wont be able to work on it.

A lot of things in my life has just hit the fan right now, and needless to say it’s hindering my ability to focus.

Just one more thing during this whole pandemic make sure to keep in touch with your loved ones cause you’ll never know when it’s the last time you’ll get to see and talk to them.
I'm sorry to hear that. Take all the time you need, please.

JokersWild

I’m sorry to hear that as well. Please take this time to focus on yourself. We’ll still be here when you’re feeling better.

That being said, is there anyone who wants to tackle the e-ticket? If no one is comfortable, I can work on it with someone, but I won’t be able to do the whole thing on my own.

spacemt354

Chili's

I completely agree. Stay safe tcool and be well - will be thinking of you

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom