SYWTBAI Season 18 - Round One: Team Old School Brainstorm Thread

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
We could use the idea I had from Fast and Furious. A store where you can make custom toy cars! Except now they're crazy Mad Max cars with weird accessories! Have different levels of it. Like a simple version like the build a lightsaber station in gift shops. A mid-level version which is like that but for more collectible quality cars. And a third level that is a big experience like the lightsabe building in Galaxy's Edge.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
giphy.gif

Doof Warrior Streetmosphere! Live electric guitar player with some choice pyrotechnics added in

pix

I know nothing of mad max and have a busy week of finals ahead so I think I am going to say I will see you at the official start but I can be here as a rubber ducky for the uninformed of the franchise.

orlando678-

Im not too familiar with the franchise, but it screams a Radiator Springs Racers type ride. The idea of a stunt show is great for the franchise, but I guess that most of the Guests who are familiar with the franchise would love to just sit behind the wheel, hurtling over the sand dunes and into rocky caverns. As long as it differentiates itself enough from the Mario Kart attraction on the other side of the park, I think it could work really well. An idea I would really love is for the area to be multi-leveled with the main attraction(s) winding through the land in a similar way to Phantasialand's Klügheim area with the Taron and Raik coasters.

Furthermore when it comes to retail and dining, I think a type of night club based on the one in the first film could work well. It could be losely adapted like the Cantina in Galaxy's Edge to create a uniquely designed environment, perfect for theme park Guests.

JokersWild

Im not too familiar with the franchise, but it screams a Radiator Springs Racers type ride. The idea of a stunt show is great for the franchise, but I guess that most of the Guests who are familiar with the franchise would love to just sit behind the wheel, hurtling over the sand dunes and into rocky caverns. As long as it differentiates itself enough from the Mario Kart attraction on the other side of the park, I think it could work really well. An idea I would really love is for the area to be multi-leveled with the main attraction(s) winding through the land in a similar way to Phantasialand's Klügheim area with the Taron and Raik coasters.

Furthermore when it comes to retail and dining, I think a type of night club based on the one in the first film could work well. It could be losely adapted like the Cantina in Galaxy's Edge to create a uniquely designed environment, perfect for theme park Guests.

I definitely agree with you in terms of the attractions. RSR is a great starting point for a ride system. My first thought for it is guests trying to out-run Imortan Joe's War Boys. Thunderdome would be a great setting for a stunt show.

While a nightclub is a cool idea, I don't think that it would necessarily work for Mad Max. Nightclubs wouldn't really exist anymore in the Mad Max universe (the first film is super different from the other films because it takes place while society is collapsing and before war made most of the world a desert.). Maybe we could try a similar concept? I dunno.

In terms of the actual setting, my initial thought was a somewhat civilized outpost located inside a canyon. The settlement could be built around an old gas station, giving reason for some more theme park-centric merch such as t-shirts and water bottles. In terms of restaurants, I was thinking of an outdoor barbecue CS. Picture a post-apocalyptic Ronto's Roasters. Weenie could be both the gas station's sign, and a butte which towers above from the middle of the canyon/ town. Maybe there could be a ropes course up to the top of it? E-ticket entrance located somewhere in the settlement, and Thunderdome towards the back. Hell, if we really wanted to play up Thunderdome, we could theme the land to Bartertown, but I'd personally rather center everything around Fury Road, as that's the most recent film and there's a prequel actively in development.

orlando678-

Sounds perfect to me!
I definitely agree with you in terms of the attractions. RSR is a great starting point for a ride system. My first thought for it is guests trying to out-run Imortan Joe's War Boys. Thunderdome would be a great setting for a stunt show.

While a nightclub is a cool idea, I don't think that it would necessarily work for Mad Max. Nightclubs wouldn't really exist anymore in the Mad Max universe (the first film is super different from the other films because it takes place while society is collapsing and before war made most of the world a desert.). Maybe we could try a similar concept? I dunno.

In terms of the actual setting, my initial thought was a somewhat civilized outpost located inside a canyon. The settlement could be built around an old gas station, giving reason for some more theme park-centric merch such as t-shirts and water bottles. In terms of restaurants, I was thinking of an outdoor barbecue CS. Picture a post-apocalyptic Ronto's Roasters. Weenie could be both the gas station's sign, and a butte which towers above from the middle of the canyon/ town. Maybe there could be a ropes course up to the top of it? E-ticket entrance located somewhere in the settlement, and Thunderdome towards the back. Hell, if we really wanted to play up Thunderdome, we could theme the land to Bartertown, but I'd personally rather center everything around Fury Road, as that's the most recent film and there's a prequel actively in development.

Maybe we could add something like a flat ride too, something like Mater's Junkyard Jamboree? Just to add a bit more dynamic energy to the area, especially for families.

JokersWild

Sounds perfect to me!

Maybe we could add something like a flat ride too, something like Mater's Junkyard Jamboree? Just to add a bit more dynamic energy to the area, especially for families.
Great point. I can't think of anything offhand haha.

Anyone have any idea for a flatride? Or anything, really. I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts on this.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Made a tentative Map keeping with the (in my opinion very dumb) one way in one way out plan for Epic Universe.

1590609057431.png

A lot of rock work. The Pink line is where the slot car runs through the land. I figure the left half is more the metal/gear head part of the land full of roving bandits and crazy cars and the right side is more the post apocalyptic cult/compound section with Immortan Joe's base and the Thunderdome and a make shift society.

AceAstro

Made a tentative Map keeping with the (in my opinion very dumb) one way in one way out plan for Epic Universe.

View attachment 473177

A lot of rock work. The Pink line is where the slot car runs through the land. I figure the left half is more the metal/gear head part of the land full of roving bandits and crazy cars and the right side is more the post apocalyptic cult/compound section with Immortan Joe's base and the Thunderdome and a make shift society.
I love this map! One suggestion (easy one I hope) is switching the entrance to the land and the bumper carts.

In Epic Universe, each land enters from "the end":
1590615147155.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom