System rollover time for ADR booking

seafoodbuffet

Original Poster
The rule is 180 days for ADR bookings if you're not staying at a Disney property. What I'm confused by is what time of day the system is supposed to roll over to each new "day". I had thought the rule was 6AM Eastern to book online and 7AM to call reservations. In fact this is what I was told by a reservations cast member. However, at least for me this week, that hasn't been the case.

I've been getting up just before 6AM to book our ADRs. However, in each case, I was able to book well before 6AM (say 5:50 or 5:55). Finally, on a whim this morning, I got up at 5AM and was still able to book for 180 days out. The following day(s) aren't open so it's not because I'm getting the 180+10 for staying onsite.

All said, has the time when you can book online changed? When is the system actually rolling over to each new day?

CAPTAIN HOOK

The rule is 180 days for ADR bookings if you're not staying at a Disney property.
The rule is 180 days - it doesn't matter whether you're staying on OR off property

All said, has the time when you can book online changed? When is the system actually rolling over to each new day?
The times you quote are correct - 6am online or 7am by phone - unless something has changed very recently

seafoodbuffet

Original Poster
The rule is 180 days - it doesn't matter whether you're staying on OR off property

The times you quote are correct - 6am online or 7am by phone - unless something has changed very recently

To be precise, I meant exactly 180 days as opposed to 180+10 if you're staying on property.

And as far as the times, unless this is the effects of DST, I was definitely able to book at 5AM EDT for 180 days out.

mammaminnie

I will say that I have been on today since 6am EST (5am for me) and while I can see times for my 180 day mark and the 10 days beyond, the system errors out every time I select an available time to book. I tried different browsers on my computer, using the MDE app on my phone and iPad and it won't work anywhere. At least today it looks like the online reservation system may be broken.

tlev

I will say that I have been on today since 6am EST (5am for me) and while I can see times for my 180 day mark and the 10 days beyond, the system errors out every time I select an available time to book. I tried different browsers on my computer, using the MDE app on my phone and iPad and it won't work anywhere. At least today it looks like the online reservation system may be broken.

I had the exact same problem yesterday morning and again this morning.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

I had the exact same problem yesterday morning and again this morning.

It is a fairly common problem as the system tends to overload first thing in the morning. About all you can do is grab whatever hard ADRs you have and then immediately check out.

mammaminnie

Unfortunately this morning, the system wouldn't even let me select an ADR time. I could see everything available but got the error when I clicked on a time.

tlev

Unfortunately this morning, the system wouldn't even let me select an ADR time. I could see everything available but got the error when I clicked on a time.
Again the same thing happened to me. I've made reservations many times in the morning, but have not encountered such issues.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom