Swiss Family Treehouse and Tom Sawyer Island?

JohnD

I liked Swiss Family Treehouse because I loved the movie as a kid and thought the treehouse from the movie was so cool. I can't imagine the attraction having as much appeal for someone who hasn't seen the movie.

Four year, 1 month bump!

Ghost93

Love them both. But I'm old and they have are something I grew up with. I took my granddaughter she loved running around Tom Sayer but had little interest in the tree house. Unless they reboot both I don't see them lasting much longer. If they give us something better than I good with that. I will miss them.
I think they will retheme the Tom Sawyer Island only if the Magic Kingdom gets so overcrowded to the point where it harms the overall experience and guests react negatively. If that happens, Disney may want to retheme Tom Sawyer island to something more modern/popular in an attempt to lure crowds away from the more heavily congested areas of the park. Right now though, I don't think that's an issue.

skypilot2922

i like both, the tarzan treehouse is a cool walkthrough. I always imagine what if they built an endor themed land with like a dozen tarzan treehouses on steroid with rope bridges between them and making a really massive complex in the air stretched out across the entire land. like a cross between tarzan and camp discovery at shanghai

What a great idea, Why cannot Disney think of things like this it would be amazing and fit in with the Star Tours trees at night

Ghost93

With the popularity of Encanto, I wouldn't be shocked to see the Madrigal House replace either the Treehouse or Tom Sawyer's Island. They need to put it somewhere, and both of those areas of the park are more old-fashioned IPs.

mergatroid

I like TSI but I think it's limited in what it could evolve into. If it was made into a very popular attraction for large numbers it would struggle eating enough guests due to the boat crossing to get you there. If they built a bridge that would affect the Liberty Belle which I love and I've no idea whether the logistics of a tunnel there would even be possible? We saw lots of kids on it 3 days ago from the Liberty Belle and they were running around and laughing so I feel it's still a very enjoyed attraction by those who venture over to it.

Last edited:

DfromATX

I like TSI but I think it's limited in what it could evolve into. If it was made into a very popular attraction for large numbers it would struggle eating enough guests due to the boat crossing to get you there. If they built a bridge that would affect the Liberty Belle which I love and I've no idea whether the logistics of a tunnel there would even be possible? We saw lots of kids on it 3 days ago from the Liberty Belle and they were running around and laughing so I feel it's still a very enjoyed attraction by those who venture over to it.
That's nice to know (the children enjoying it). Maybe it is old fashioned, but I feel like TSI and the treehouse make you use your imagination. I like the treehouse. We had never seen Swiss Family Robinson, so years ago, before one trip we watched it just so we would get the purpose of the tree. My son was 17 at the time and even he sat down to watch with us lol. We go up every trip! I would hate to see it go.

Smiley/OCD

DW & I loved taking the girls when they were younger to TSI when it opened to watch them searching for the paint brushes…ANOTHER little piece of Disney magic that bit the dust…

Yellow Shoes

IMO Since they have been adding liquor to the menus at the park I think it would be a good idea to open Aunt Polly's as a mini bar to sit and relax...
25 years ago Aunt Polly's was a limited QS place with sack lunches--PB&J, or cold fried chicken (and I mean COLD--as in out of the refrigerator--a true evocation of mid- 19th c. Hannibal, MO). It was great to have that picnic and watch the Liberty Belle, the lines for Haunted Mansion, and, if you timed it right--the parade.

NelleBelle

Our boys loved TSI when they were younger! Running across the barrel bridge, the fort, just being able to be lose and "free" for a bit. When we had our youngest with us the trip when he was 4-wks old, TSI was a great place for me to find a shady spot and nurse him. It's probably been 10 yrs since we've been over there though. As for the tree house, last time I went through it, some annoying guest had thrown a few trojans on the bed. So tacky and distasteful!!!

Sbk1234

I am looking forward to seeing Swiss Family Treehouse, since Disneyland hasn't had it for YEARS, and the last time I was in WDW it was closed.

I never go to Tom Sawyer Island anymore after the time I got stranded there during a lightning storm and they wouldn't run any of the rafts until it stopped.

Ghost93

If Disney hopes to move forward with the Villains/Coco/Encanto land on the North Side of Magic Kingdom, I think they need to get rid of the riverboat and build bridges connecting to Tom Sawyer Island to improve accessibility. I would imagine they'd retheme the island in the process.

doctornick

If Disney hopes to move forward with the Villains/Coco/Encanto land on the North Side of Magic Kingdom, I think they need to get rid of the riverboat and build bridges connecting to Tom Sawyer Island to improve accessibility. I would imagine they'd retheme the island in the process.
Why? They didn’t do that in DL when they built on the top side of the river. If anything, building on that side of the river and connecting Frontierland and Liberty Sq from the other side actually lessens the need to do anything with TSI since it would no longer be an obstacle for guest flow limitations.

JoeCamel

If you get rid of the boat why not just fill in the space?

Smiley/OCD

If you get rid of the boat why not just fill in the space?
I've said, park the LS riverboat permanently and convert it to a restaurant, either a HM theme or Tiana/NOLA themed...build pedestrian bridges to TSI and if the bayou theme is going to remain on the island, convert the keel boats to air boats and offer rides to the island that way. You can then open the island up to at least an E ticket and possibly a B or C attractions with access into the land behind BTMRR.

JoeCamel

I've said, park the LS riverboat permanently and convert it to a restaurant, either a HM theme or Tiana/NOLA themed...build pedestrian bridges to TSI and if the bayou theme is going to remain on the island, convert the keel boats to air boats and offer rides to the island that way. You can then open the island up to at least an E ticket and possibly a B or C attractions with access into the land behind BTMRR.
Air boats? You drinking this early?

Smiley/OCD

Air boats? You drinking this early?
No, they can be designed to LOOK like air boats…just like the rafts ( not really rafts, boats run on diesel)…I would HOPE the imagineers could design a boat that looks like an air boat…just drinking unspiked Diet Pepsi this morning…sorry! Lol

JoeCamel

No, they can be designed to LOOK like air boats…just like the rafts ( not really rafts, boats run on diesel)…I would HOPE the imagineers could design a boat that looks like an air boat…just drinking unspiked Diet Pepsi this morning…sorry! Lol
OK, I was afraid you wanted to drown out the train whistles

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom