Swiming with dolpins

Sire_Bobbie

Original Poster
Discovery Cove is a great idea, but it seems to me to be a tad overpriced. Is there any other places in Florida that one can swim with dolphins but that won't cost an arm and a leg and a torso?

:confused: :confused:

scan_man

Disney Offers Dolphin Interaction.
They put you in a pool up to your waist, and hope that the Dolphins will Interact with you for $140 per person. If you are a Disneyclub Member they will give you a 15% discount on that.
Park Enterence fee isn't required for it.

markymark

It's not overpriced when you consider that you get a 7 day Seaworld pass included. I think its about $50/day to get into SW. We did it last year and also go treally good use of the Seaworld pass too.

sillyspook13

There are quite a few places in the Keys that offer dolphin swim programs for only about 1/4 the cost of Discovery Cove. I have information about them somewhere...

sillyspook13

$179 for a day at the park with dolphin swim. $89 (?) without. But just think, you get a free wetsuit rental! Actually it's not really much of a wetsuit. It's more like a vest.:rolleyes:

scan_man

Sillyspook
they raised the Price for the Dolphin Swim back in June.
its now $200 for Swim with Dolphins. so after taxes it's $211 a person if you want to swim with Dolphins.

Seano846

Originally posted by Sire_Bobbie
Discovery Cove is a great idea, but it seems to me to be a tad overpriced. Is there any other places in Florida that one can swim with dolphins but that won't cost an arm and a leg and a torso?

:confused: :confused:

I belive Key West has a few places but that is quite a drive from WDW

DisneyFreak

Re: Re: Swiming with dolpins

Originally posted by Seano846

I belive Key West has a few places but that is quite a drive from WDW

There is one at the Hawk's Cay Resort in Marathon (the resort is on it's own 60 acre island). I think it's only $70 if you're a guest and $90 if you're not.

Richy_roo

Awesome

my dad and i did it last September it was fantastic, the dolphin swim was great. it also included lunch and 7 days in seaworld..

which worked out great as journey to atlantis was shut the first day, so we went back just to ride it..

markymark

I agree I really like DC, the 7 day SW pass is great for us, because we stay with my wifes Sister & B-I-L. Their place is just south of SW so It was quite easy to go in just for an hours or so whilst the pass was valid.

Beauty and the

I have to say that I think DC is absolutely awesome and worth every single dollar. I think its only when you go you really appreciate what a beautiful park it is.

DisneyGal

I had booked Discovery Cove for next month and cancelled it about a month ago. I heard too many bad things about it to spend all that money ($199 per person). The thing is that you are not with the dolphins for the whole time. They say that all in all you have one hour with the dolphin, but that isn't just you, that is the whole group which can go up to 10 people. The only interaction that you have with the dolphin is when you hold its fin to swim across the pool. The rest of the time you are learning about the dolphin and how to interact with them. I have heard this from two people now, so it just doesn't seem right to spend the money on something that might be a disappointment.

markymark

I think it's a shame you have cancelled DG. As I have said before, the 7 days SW pass being included is pretty much worth the admission fee itself.

But when you consider what you get once in there, I really think it is a great day and a great experience.

OK so you are not with the Dolphins all day, but I personally found that the time we had was great. There was only the 5 (all family) of us in there too, and we all found that we had enough time interacting.

But the other thing to remember is the fact that it isn't just the interaction, the whole park is truly wonderful, and beautifully presented. There is loads of swimming to be done, plus snorkelling, both in the "lazy river" and the main pool area which is full of all sorts of fish, there is the Ray pool, and of course the aviary ( and believe me I normally hate birds, but the aviary was wonderful).

The lunch included in the cost is also top class, as are the changing facilities. Plus they don't ram merchandise down your neck!

Just my opinion, but I intend to go every time I visit Florida.

Beauty and the

I have to agree wholeheartedly with Marky,and go as far as to say if we could only go to Florida for the day then we'd spend it at Discovery Cove,it was easily the best day of our vacation this year and is one of the most memorable days we have ever spent on this earth as a family.I dont know if that will still be case after 6 months of WDW withdrawal symptons,but it is now.Like Marky points out if you normally go to S/W for the day then it's even more good value when you consider that your D/C pass gets you 7 days entry into S/W.It's like when we watched the shuttle launch one year at KSC,these are "once in a lifetime" experiences,and though they're just memories ,some memories last forever.Too bad you cancelled!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom