Sweetpee's neices late but not abbreviated trip report

Hi Everybody I'm Sydney O'Brien.(12 yro)You probably know my Aunt Kelly a.k.a. Sweetpee_1993. I'm going to try my best at posting my own trip report for my very first visit to Walt Disney World!I have been trying to make it to WDW for awhile...I have had many canceled trips reasons being:hurricanes,school,dance,and other circumstances...but they couldn't keep me away much longer. When my daddy called and told me he had made reservations at the Poly for the week after school let out my sister and I were psyched! Once there were only 30 days left until we had made a count down every night we would pull one sheet off and know we were one day closer!Another surprise for me was that my daddy and Aunt Kelly were coming to see me dance in my Showcase(Ballet) before we left.

Now I'm gonna do my best...remember IM ONLY 12. So here goes nothing...

The explorers:
Aunt Kelly-my personal Disney tour guide.
Daddy-my wallet.LOL.jk.
Sarah-my favorite sibling.(Oh,wait...She is my only sibling!):lol:
Me-Sydney a.k.a. Disney's next Princess,ahaha.

Our adventure begins Saturday May 23,2009 in Andalusia,Alabama.

Here are some pics after the ballet:
a%3E
IMG%5D

wvy2y0.jpg

14aann9.jpg

It was 4:30 and had a 5 hour ride to Gainesville,Florida after I had been dancing for 2.5 hours. We drove 30 miles to the Florida line before my dad stopped for a bite to eat,to change,and to get that make-up off. After that we only stopped once for gas outside Tallahassee.

Here is my sister and I finally getting to stretch our legs while daddy pumped gas:
x3whw7.jpg

a%3E
a%3E

sweetpee_1993

OMG! Hideous pic alert! My skin looked terrible... I hate when I'm sick & trying not to be... :mad:

Okay, Syd, we need mooooore!!!!

:kiss:

HollyBelle

Great start to your first report, Sydney. I can't wait to read more!!

OMG! Hideous pic alert! My skin looked terrible... I hate when I'm sick & trying not to be... :mad:

Okay, Syd, we need mooooore!!!!

Is this why some of the pictures are showing up as little red x's now?! :ROFLOL: Because I only see one with you in it... and it's far from hideous.

sweetpee_1993

Is this why some of the pictures are showing up as little red x's now?! :ROFLOL: Because I only see one with you in it... and it's far from hideous.

Oh no! Are some of the pics not showing up now? I don't think I moved or deleted anything from my Photobucket. Lemme go look around and see... Thanks for the heads-up. I never posted any of the hideous pics to begin with. I wouldn't do that to myself. Silly ones, yes. Icky ones, no. LOL!

Just rechecked my report. I scrolled thru the entire thing with no red x's. The internet Goblins are out to get you! LOL!

sweetpee_1993

Hey y'all!

I juuust talked to my brother, Sydney's daddy. She was with him over Labor Day weekend which is when she joined the forum, started this thread, and submitted it. When she submitted it she got a message that basically said the submission had to be reviewed before it would show up which I didn't think was too far-fetched considering she's a brand new user. After a few days of the thread not appearing I sent a message to Steve to check on it. He found the thread and got it put where it needed to be for us. Thanks, Steve!

I don't know when Sydney will be updating the thread. I know she was pretty disappointed she couldn't continue with the report this past weekend. I'm hoping she has time to start working on it this weekend.

Soooo, for now we're all gonna have to kick back, relax, and wait patiently...which is physically impossible for me! Grrrr!!!! :brick:

Oh! Until Sydney comes back to continue I have a couple pics to share that I didn't previously post! Our 1st Disney Day was the day we drove from our little hotel in Gainesville on down to the Poly. One of our "group shirts" were a set Jerry & I made. I downloaded, printed, trimmed, and ironed-on the picture. Then I used a black fabric marker to do all the lettering. We finished up with highlighting all the lettering and around the border of the picture with fabric paint that we both painted on with little bitty paintbrushes. They were a looot of work (more than 1 night up until the wee hours) but we got a loooot of compliments. Here's a couple pics of mine:

The front:

100_0950.jpg

And the back:

100_0952.jpg

Some of the paint came off, faded, or distorted when I washed them after that 1st day. That partially explains why the pics above aren't so great. The other part is that I don't have a great camera and I was in a hurry. :D I thought about doing a 2nd set with maps from the Polynesian ironed-on but we ran out of time and I really don't like doing the iron-ons that you use a standard home iron to press. They're just too stiff and don't give. I feel like I'm wearing a chunk of cardboard on my shirt. I guess I'm gonna have to finally listen to my hubby and buy a real heat press and the good, stretchy transfers.

Okay, Syd! Your turn!

obrienIII

Hey Syd! I'm uploading all of the pictures to photobucket so you can get busy with the report. Lots of people tuning in, we don't want to disappoint.
Love, Daddy:animwink:

DormaNesbit

Hi Syd and welcome to the boards. Great trip report so far. How long have you been dancing? I have two dancing daughters, Ash (13) and Shell (11). Ash started at 4 and Shell at 5. Recital time is my favorite time of year!

sweetpea dear, if that is a picture of you sick, honey I'll take that over how I look anyday!!!:lol:

obrienIII

This is Sydney's Dad. I'm trying to get all of the pictures uploaded for her as we speak. Kind of hard to help her since she lives with my ex about an hour away from me. Be patient everyone, she is very excited about finishing this report. She should have a few more installments up tomorrow.

To reply to a question asked about her dancing, she also has been dancing since she was 4. She takes ballet, jazz, and modern dance. She used to be so shy, but really has grown out of that through dance. She dances for Mrs. Murphy and Elly Lazar with the Andalusia Ballet. She has danced and studied in New York City on Broadway with the ABT. I'm very proud of her dancing abilities, but even prouder of the fact she's made straight A's every year since K4.

Stay tuned everyone, she will have more soon! When she finishes, she wants to start a pretrip report for our upcoming trip in January.:wave:

Sydney'n'Goofy

Original Poster
Hey Everyone..sorry i haven't posted anything lately..i've been busy with school and dance ,but im about to start working so i should have something up later tonight or tomorrow morning.:)

Sydney'n'Goofy

Original Poster
We arrived at the Fairfeild Inn in Gainesville around 10p.m. and wasted no time before getting showers and into bed…Yes,I was ready to get some sleep ,but how in the world was I going to go to bed knowing I was going to be at Disney tomorrow!

We didn’t have trouble getting up in the morning. We got dressed quickly and headed downstairs for a small breakfast and to get my Aunt Kelly some coffee.After stopping to by snacks and drinks for the room and a short 2 hour drive we had made it to WDW property.

Here is the sign leading to our resort:
syd11.jpg

Well ,as we walked into the lobby I was astonished by the beautiful waterfall.After checking in we goofed off around the resort.

My sister:
syd16.jpg

Me:
syd14.jpg

Next, we hopped on the monorail to make our way over to the MK. As you read in Sweetpee’s report Sarah wasn’t very sure about the monorail…Here is the pic to remind you…
kel14.jpg

It was pouring rain as we walked down Main Street…My Aunt Kelly and Daddy turned around and said to Sarah and I…well…we looked at them like they were crazy ,and then I saw it there it was the CASTLE!!! I burst into tears and Sarah was speechless. Then we took our very first ride at WDW with Captain Jack Sparrow…then it was for our early dinner reservations at CRT.

Here we are meeting Cinderella:
Image004.jpg

Inside the castle was beautiful .Our meal was delicious and the Fairy Godmother and mice were lots of fun. Here are some scenes from dinner…

syd111.jpg

syd115.jpg

syd110.jpg

kel18.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom