Sweetpee_1993 is taking her first trip to Walt's park

GiveMeTheMusic

So I had a record-breaking, long, cold, snowy winter here in NY (and it's STILL cold), and now I'm heading west for a record-breaking heat out west?! :eek: Hopefully it will be more comfortable in 3 weeks when we leave (both here AND there).

It should be - right now we've got the Santa Ana winds, which are pretty miserable, but usually last a week or less.

sweetpee_1993

Trader Sam's is da shizzzzz..

image.jpg

image.jpg

Figments Friend

Yes. The temperatures are at or near record breaking for this time of the year for the next few days. 4-5 times a year the wind blows in from the east (aka the Santa Ana's) and brings the desert heat with it. Southern California sits at the edge of a desert but typically the wind blows from the ocean keeping the temps cool. When the winds shift it turns the area into a dry desert climate. Luckily it only happens a few times a year, but it can happen anytime. Last Christmas it was 80 here, again due to the east wind.

You're right. Humidity is not a problem.

I saw those winds in action flying into SNA yesterday afternoon. Crazy 'dust clouds' being pulled up into the air and sweeping across the area.
I am enjoying the 'heat'. This is very do-able for me, after five months of cold and rain/snow.
No humidity so it feels more like 80.
Waaay more comfortable then my experiences in FL ( both living, and visiting).

Love it.
Just be sure to wear your sunblock, folks!

sweetpee_1993

How is disneyland treating you?? I am craving more updates.
Hot. Very hot. I didn't go out early today so I've not really done that much in terms of attractions today. The afternoon temps hit 97 so we were in our room hiding for 3+ hours.

Definitely finding a preference for DCA over DL park. Love Monsters Inc ride. Finally tried Luigi's tires which was fun. We grabbed ice cream from the Cozy Cone and did the end of night long standby for Racers. Still in line.

When the sun goes down its pretty pleasant!

disney4life2008

Hot. Very hot. I didn't go out early today so I've not really done that much in terms of attractions today. The afternoon temps hit 97 so we were in our room hiding for 3+ hours.

Definitely finding a preference for DCA over DL park. Love Monsters Inc ride. Finally tried Luigi's tires which was fun. We grabbed ice cream from the Cozy Cone and did the end of night long standby for Racers. Still in line.

When the sun goes down its pretty pleasant!

Interesting, why dca over dl?

sweetpee_1993

Interesting, why dca over dl?

It doesn't feel as tight. I enjoy the theming. DL has been harder to embrace with so much down for refurb + so many attractions that seem to go down. It makes everything feel busier than it is. It's annoying, really. Staying at a Disney hotel & utilizing early hour isn't all that big a perk at DL because what's open during that hour is so limited. The lines are as long or longer than during the regular day. Just feels more comfortable at DCA. Its hard to explain. :)

disney4life2008

It doesn't feel as tight. I enjoy the theming. DL has been harder to embrace with so much down for refurb + so many attractions that seem to go down. It makes everything feel busier than it is. It's annoying, really. Staying at a Disney hotel & utilizing early hour isn't all that big a perk at DL because what's open during that hour is so limited. The lines are as long or longer than during the regular day. Just feels more comfortable at DCA. Its hard to explain. :)

I think you said enough :) I appreciate the opinions.

harveyt0206

I really fell in love with DCA way more than I thought I was going to. It's a great park. Plus, World of Color just really hit me in the Disney heart. I think that is a big part of why I adore DCA the way I do. We also loved our time in DL, but you hit the nail on the head - it's a beautiful park, way prettier than MK in some ways, but I was extremely underprepared for their crowds. Next time I go, I will approach that park in a completely different manner.

Enjoy the rest if your trip! Loving the real time updates.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom