"Sweet Sixteen" trip, need ideas.

Raven66

Hey everyone!!

We finally booked our trip. It's going to be June 6-12 2013. So only 268 days to go:eek: My husband who wanted nothing to do with it because it was so far away, has been talking non stop about going since we booked. What this thread is about is my daughter's Sweet Sixteen. Her birthday is actually Jan 3 but because we have decided not to pull her out of school we can't go until June. And this trip was actually her idea. Instead of a party she wanted a week at Disney. We definately got behind that idea. My husband and I were looking at having something delivered to the room and we were looking thru things and we just decided that stuff was way to expensive. Not that she is not absolutely worth every penny, but it's a little too much.

I'm looking for some ideas of stuff that I can sneak on the trip and set up in the room while hubby takes her out to wander around the resort. I want to get her a tiara (which I'm sure she won't wear in the parks but I'm gonna try) and a wall banner. Of course I can't take a cake.

We are staying at AoA. I'm not very crafty but we really want to make her birthday trip even more special. I tried to get her to go to BBB but she just looked at me and walked out of the room. I don't get it.:D

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!

maryszhi

Hey everyone!!

We finally booked our trip. It's going to be June 6-12 2013. So only 268 days to go:eek: My husband who wanted nothing to do with it because it was so far away, has been talking non stop about going since we booked. What this thread is about is my daughter's Sweet Sixteen. Her birthday is actually Jan 3 but because we have decided not to pull her out of school we can't go until June. And this trip was actually her idea. Instead of a party she wanted a week at Disney. We definately got behind that idea. My husband and I were looking at having something delivered to the room and we were looking thru things and we just decided that stuff was way to expensive. Not that she is not absolutely worth every penny, but it's a little too much.

I'm looking for some ideas of stuff that I can sneak on the trip and set up in the room while hubby takes her out to wander around the resort. I want to get her a tiara (which I'm sure she won't wear in the parks but I'm gonna try) and a wall banner. Of course I can't take a cake.

We are staying at AoA. I'm not very crafty but we really want to make her birthday trip even more special. I tried to get her to go to BBB but she just looked at me and walked out of the room. I don't get it.:D

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!
they no longer accpet adults at BBB :( i would suggest a character meal or two and a really nice dinner or two. i recommend via napoli for a dinner and 50s. they make birthday skits that will never be forgotten. same with whispering canyons for breakfast and o'hanas.

Upvote 0

Raven66

Original Poster
Thanks! But we already have those things in mind. We are letting her pick a restaurant that she wants. I was thinking more of things to set up in the room.

Upvote 0

Blueskyze

Bring things to decorate the window as a Sweet Sixteen birthday.

That was going to be my suggestion - decorate the window, hang banners, put clings on the mirror, maybe even bring a bag of balloons. You could blow them up hook them together with a paper clip, and hang them in the corners of the room. Very festive! I think a birthday trip is an awesome gift for a 16th birthday!!!

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

Yes to balloons! And chocolate! And perhaps a small but sophisticated "Sweet 16" gift, like a nice piece of jewelry or perfume. (I think my parents got me a string of pearls and some Chanel #5 when I turned 16 -- it was the 80's, so you'll have to believe me when I say that such things were age-appropriate for the younger set then!)

Upvote 0

ctosh

Yes I agree with the balloons and Chocolate! You should also consider ordering a cake. I have seen some very pretty ones Disney has done and they were not to $$.
Looks like we will be there the same time. We will be celebrating my daughters 13th, her birthday is in January also.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom