Swearing in the parks, have you experienced this?

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
There are some words that are used to demean and dehumanize others, and can cut to the core.
That’s fair. I wasnt thinking quite that deep.

In general though, it’s just different strokes for different folks. I personally only keep my language at normal volume, not yelling and such. Simply because I dont want to start anything. But aye. Life is life.

celluloid

Unfortunately it is for me since I teach high school kids. It is very much the norm to hear the f-bomb every other word these days like it's nothing.
I don't see it getting any better.
I'm glad my daughter grew up with Hannah Montana singing about "true friends" or how "nobody's perfect".
It's sad to see my 8 year old niece twerk and grind to Tik-Tok songs as well as sing the lyrics with f-bombs and other curses - again, like they're just a part of everyone's daily vocabulary.
I am in education as well and it is exhausting how many times I sat "Language" to really crude things. Lack of admin support a d other faculty I see interact with it does not help.

Last edited:

Lilofan

Thousands of people waiting and remaining seated at the night Fantasmic show outdoor theatre for the show at DHS. At the last minute the show is cancelled for weather related issues. Let the swearing begin.

champdisney

I'm not a big swearer myself, though if injuring myself I have been known to drop the odd 'F' bomb if nobody is around. However my golden rule would always be to not swear in front of children, it's just wrong. Was thinking back to my many trips to Disney and have to say that on the whole I've heard next to no swearing in the parks. Ok there was one guy in the gents toilets as I entered who said something like "I would avoid the cubicle bud, looks like Goofey's had a huge #$*" in there and not flushed", however that was one on one and was delivered in a quite well timed and funny manner. The only other time was a guy near Space Mountain who was ranting quite loudly on his phone about his business and how some contractor had let him down. He was throwing in swear words here and there but then stormed off as a cast member walked towards him.

Anyone else witness swearing in the parks? Also what do the cast members usually do if they hear swearing?
I must’ve been 14 years old, enjoying a family-summer trip at WDW. We were at DAK that day and I was having fun. I always respected the parks because I love them. Keep that in mind. Anyways, my family and I were heading towards the next attraction, walking past Flights of Wonder and we were having fun and I was playing with my little brother. While goofing around, I accidentally dropped trash on the floor. I went to pick it up to dump it in the trash bin because I respect the parks. As I did that, a 50 something year old couple comes speed walking towards the direction I was dumping the trash and in one of those awkward instances I jumped out of their way to catch up to my family who were standing around waiting for me.

As I approached them, my grandfather was cracking up in laughter because he heard the fast walking wife call me an a$$hole! I didn’t think much of it because it didn’t bother my old man but yeah... just another couple with no kids having a problem with children being at Disney.

NelleBelle

I must’ve been 14 years old, enjoying a family-summer trip at WDW. We were at DAK that day and I was having fun. I always respected the parks because I love them. Keep that in mind. Anyways, my family and I were heading towards the next attraction, walking past Flights of Wonder and we were having fun and I was playing with my little brother. While goofing around, I accidentally dropped trash on the floor. I went to pick it up to dump it in the trash bin because I respect the parks. As I did that, a 50 something year old couple comes speed walking towards the direction I was dumping the trash and in one of those awkward instances I jumped out of their way to catch up to my family who were standing around waiting for me.

As I approached them, my grandfather was cracking up in laughter because he heard the fast walking wife call me an a$$hole! I didn’t think much of it because it didn’t bother my old man but yeah... just another couple with no kids having a problem with children being at Disney.
That's probably when I would've yelled out "what'd you call my son"??!! I've no patience for adults swearing at children, especially at Disney and doubly if it's my kids. Wasn't like you did anything obnoxious.

TotallyBiased

We were there in December and come across in front of the tree, a fairly large crowd was moving through. I started hearing some yelling in some language... which judging by his rage level, was laced with profanities. There must have been 20-30 people in this glob I was in the middle of (people to my left and right too), and he erupted on me. "faSHAGANAHHH!!! GAHNAH FANNAGA SHAHH!!!!" (sounded something like that) My wife and I both turned to see what the commotion was about and this guy was off his rocker. He kept going for a good 40 sec or more while we headed towards Pandora... could see his face and fists still going in our direction even though he was just a dot...

I now use an impression of that whenever something isn't going right... kills the wife every time.

Chi84

Premium Member
We were there in December and come across in front of the tree, a fairly large crowd was moving through. I started hearing some yelling in some language... which judging by his rage level, was laced with profanities. There must have been 20-30 people in this glob I was in the middle of (people to my left and right too), and he erupted on me. "faSHAGANAHHH!!! GAHNAH FANNAGA SHAHH!!!!" (sounded something like that) My wife and I both turned to see what the commotion was about and this guy was off his rocker. He kept going for a good 40 sec or more while we headed towards Pandora... could see his face and fists still going in our direction even though he was just a dot...

I now use an impression of that whenever something isn't going right... kills the wife every time.
The sad thing is the guy was probably perfectly sane before he hit Disney . . .

LastoneOn

Actually, they did. But not in public where strangers could hear. They swore a lot among friends.
When I was a kid, there was a place a bunch of us would play, up on a hillside. So Friday night war games, al of that. We'd cuss and holler up a storm. One day, years later a friend and I were reminiscing about those days. His mom had told him just a few years earlier that we weren't getting away with anything: sound travels. The parents down in the neighborhood could hear us up there. But boys will be boys and as long as nobody died, basically, they left us alone. Vietnam was raging, they had other things to worry about.

davidcyndi

Just got back from 6 days at WDW. Only had one instance where we found people cussing. We have the das pass. We walk up to Navi river and scan in to enter the fast pass lane and a guy says to my teenage daughter “how are you using that line?” My daughter said we have das pass. He said “ what th f—- is a das pass?” Right in front of the cm and my daughter who the comment was directed towards. The cm was like sir we don’t use that language and then explained what the das pass was as we just walked off.
I could not believe the amount of bad looks and comments we overheard because we got to use the das pass lane. It is almost as if WDW needs to start educating or at least have a sign at the entrance of each ride explaining what each pass is and who gets to use them.

OneofThree

When I was a kid, there was a place a bunch of us would play, up on a hillside. So Friday night war games, al of that. We'd cuss and holler up a storm. One day, years later a friend and I were reminiscing about those days. His mom had told him just a few years earlier that we weren't getting away with anything: sound travels. The parents down in the neighborhood could hear us up there. But boys will be boys and as long as nobody died, basically, they left us alone. Vietnam was raging, they had other things to worry about.

Yes, boys will be boys, and there's a place for that. A family oriented theme park isn't the place for "boys to be boys". That should be obvious?

LastoneOn

Yes, boys will be boys, and there's a place for that. A family oriented theme park isn't the place for "boys to be boys". That should be obvious?
And yeah so? Never said I condoned the behavior, never said I agreed with it, I told a story replying to the post from The Mom about kids cussing when adults aren't around. Here we go again: someone posts a story and someone else takes it as approval. You twist it all around.

What the heck is the matter with you people???

TotallyBiased

What the heck is the matter with you people???

Pfft... where do I begin...

In third grade, I cheated on my history exam.

In fourth grade, I stole my uncle Max's toupee and I glued it on my face when I was Moses in my Hebrew School play.

In fifth grade, I knocked my sister Edie down the stairs and I blamed it on the dog...

When my mom sent me to the summer camp for fat kids and then they served lunch I got nuts and I pigged out and they kicked me out.

But the worst thing I ever done -- I mixed a pot of fake puke at home and then I went to this movie theater, hid the puke in my jacket, climbed up to the balcony and then, t-t-then, I made a noise like this: hua-hua-hua-huaaaaaaa -- and then I dumped it over the side, all over the people in the audience. And then, this was horrible, all the people started getting sick and throwing up all over each other. I never felt so bad in my entire life.

LastoneOn

Pfft... where do I begin...

In third grade, I cheated on my history exam.

In fourth grade, I stole my uncle Max's toupee and I glued it on my face when I was Moses in my Hebrew School play.

In fifth grade, I knocked my sister Edie down the stairs and I blamed it on the dog...

When my mom sent me to the summer camp for fat kids and then they served lunch I got nuts and I pigged out and they kicked me out.

But the worst thing I ever done -- I mixed a pot of fake puke at home and then I went to this movie theater, hid the puke in my jacket, climbed up to the balcony and then, t-t-then, I made a noise like this: hua-hua-hua-huaaaaaaa -- and then I dumped it over the side, all over the people in the audience. And then, this was horrible, all the people started getting sick and throwing up all over each other. I never felt so bad in my entire life.
you goonie! The theater had that on couple of months ago when they reopened. We went, of course. First movie I've seen in a theater in two years.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I can beat your puke story -- back when I was just slightly pre-teen I was in a downtown theater with a meatball po-boy for lunch... front row of the balcony, enjoying my sandwich and the movie, when all of a sudden I feel my sandwich get a little light and hear this angry exclamation from someone in the seats just under the edge...

Yep -- I had accidentally meatballed some poor unsuspecting patron of the movie arts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom