Swearing in the parks, have you experienced this?

Cmdr_Crimson

Who hasn't...
tumblr_mkvw7a2WoX1qzj19do1_400.gifv

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
At the DLR, I was wearing a sports jersey once and an LA Kings fan shouted "F-bomb the Sharks" and threw both middle fingers up at me. He was smiling so idk maybe that's the LA way of being playful but this was in the Disneyland esplanade and there were kids around.

I took it as fan banter but still show some class.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tommye1078

At the DLR, I was wearing a sports jersey once and an LA Kings fan shouted "**** the Sharks" and threw both middle fingers up at me. He was smiling so idk maybe that's the LA way of being playful but this was in the Disneyland esplanade and there were kids around.

I took it as fan banter but still show some class.

F-bomb Mickey, Go Goofy!

Fletch

Actually can not say we ever have. Our daughter is fluent in Spanish and Portuguese and not even then. However we did see a kid being bathed in a fountain at Animal Kingdom. 🤣

Matt_Black

I... uh... may have done this once. In my defense, it was after a very long ride stoppage on Tower Of Terror, and after the stress of that I was not prepared to see that creepy ventriloquist puppet from that one episode at the end of the attraction in full emergency lighting.

The rest of that trip, I was on my best behavior, though I had a few close calls. Like the acceleration on riding Rock n' Roller Coaster the first time.

"JE-"
*catches self*
"-eepers."

Tomi-Rocket

Yes. It was my DH. 😔 It was the end of a long, HOT day and my DH was at the end of his rope as our 2 boys were arguing about something and he dropped the f-bomb. Loudly. I was so embarrassed I walked away from him. 😬

cheezbat

It’s everywhere... I know I’ve slipped a few times myself...but...

sadly it’s the deterioration of class and manners in culture. watch tv from 20 years ago...so few profanities in shows. Nowadays, I’ll catch a good 5-6 in a 22 minute show. Same goes for movies. PG-13 you’d never hear much more than a few 4-letter words...and never an F-bomb. Nowadays every PG-13 movie has to slip their ‘obligatory’ F-word in there. I hear it so much more in music too...and so many kids and parents just don’t seem to look at it the way they did when I was a kid.

NelleBelle

We hear it all the time, unfortunately. One time, this group of adults in line behind us at Frozen (during Food & Wine, of course), were quite loudly discussing something while peppering every other word with f-bomb this, f-bomb that, did you see the (insert vulgarity), etc. It was so foul that I couldn't help myself at the time (our kids were under 10 and I really did not want to have to explain what a (insert vulgarity was) that I asked them to either stop with the language since there were kids in line everywhere! They at least had the decency to apologize but for the most part, we ignore it now 🙄

Lilofan

The swearing may start at the Security area in front of the park if a guest temperature is more than 100.3 degrees and the entire group the guest is with are denied entrance to the park. The fireworks may begin early.

Heppenheimer

Can't say I heard a single word of bad language during my last trip to Disneyland, right before it closed. But I wasn't really paying attention. Is it worse in Florida?

Lilofan

Can't say I heard a single word of bad language during my last trip to Disneyland, right before it closed. But I wasn't really paying attention. Is it worse in Florida?
We've seen fellow guests lose their cool and the stifling heat and humidity just makes it worse.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I swear all the time but I do feel there is a place for it and in public is not that place.
I am guilty of swearing in public but only one time did I yell profanities and it actually was at Disney.
An old woman who should have been pushed in a regular wheel chair was instead on an ECV and ran into the back of my foot at EPCOT and my foot was caught between the foot rest and wheel and she wasn't stopping for me to pull my foot out so I started yelling swear words.
Her family looked at me and then realized why I was screaming and pulled her hand off the lever so I could pull my foot out.
It was bleeding and swollen even with socks and sneakers.
I'd say it was justified.
But usually if I swear in public or at Disney its a whispered swear or I'm in my room.
I've heard others swear and while it doesn't really bother me I do understand why it may bother others which is why I choose to try not to do it or at least whisper it if I'm frustrated about something.

Raineman

I can be somewhat liberal with the cursing, especially at work (I work in a manufacturing facility, which usually lends itself to some swearing during conversation), but I actively try not to when I am on WDW property-it doesn't feel right to swear when I am there; it almost feels like the b.s. that we try to leave outside of the "Disney bubble" kinda creeps in if I start swearing. I have heard it from time to time, whether in a queue or just walking around the parks, but the most I heard at one time was in the line for the POR bus at MK at closing, when people started removing the chains at the end of the switchbacks and line jumped in the very long line-multiple f-bombs and everything else were flying. Considering the amount of kids in the line having to hear a bunch of adults acting less mature than them, it was stupid and classless.

Mickey Pride

I have experienced this in the parks and yes I am a 20 something person who does swear from time to time, but not in the midst of a huge crowd of people especially people I have no idea who they are. It for one makes those people look like fools and all they are doing is attracting negative attention to themselves. You also have to understand the place you are in and the amount of kids that are around. It is not the time or place for that sort of language.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom