Swan or French Quarter

Kevin_W

OK, so sorry to ask again but with airfare being crazy this time of year we can stay at Caribbean Beach and save about $640.00 Thoughts? Much appreciated!

I really like CBR, but I've never stayed at Swan to compare. The proximity to 2 parks is definitely a plus for the Swan, but $640 is also a fair chunk of money.

correcaminos

I’m sorry, have to totally disagree with most. If you want that true Disney feel stop at FQ (or CB but FQ is far superior). We have stopped at all and moved from the swan after a night, the swan and dolphin yes are good for location but not ‘Disney’ , absolutely 100% not Disney, the hotels do not have that Disney magical feel, from the rooms, staff, and to actual theming, they scream THIS IS NOT A DISNEY HOTEL. The FQ is a gorgeous property, small for Disney and the rooms are beautiful. Our favourite Moderate, and you can get the boat too Disney Springs. Hands down FQ, if you want to ‘Do DIsney’ that is.
See I don't like FQ at all. Odd layout. Exterior door combined with small rooms. Noisy exteriors as well. Wasn't magical to me....

correcaminos

Don’t know what room you stayed in but ours has been huge every time, corner king room, tiny resort, all amenities close by. Walk way 🤷‍♂️

When you are far away from the main area, it can be a bit of a hike. I like more greenery too. Rooms are smaller than the Swan by about 50 sq ft give or take. I'm not sure how large the king rooms are, but could also be with one bed they feel smaller.

Sorry I'm not a fan... this just falls low on the list of moderates and significantly lower than Swan.

disneyfireman

See I don't like FQ at all. Odd layout. Exterior door combined with small rooms. Noisy exteriors as well. Wasn't magical to me....
The exterior doors at Disney makes it fantastic. Like at Alligator Bayou. Open the door to the world.
And it’s incredibly small. All so close to main area.

daisyduckie

OK, so sorry to ask again but with airfare being crazy this time of year we can stay at Caribbean Beach and save about $640.00 Thoughts? Much appreciated!

I really dislike Caribbean Beach. It is the one resort I have stayed at that I left pretty darned sure I would never return. Massive resort. Too big to easily get around.

I think staying at the Swan and Dolphin has me a bit spoiled. Besides being able to boat or walk right to Epcot and the Studios, you also have a 24/7 place to get food in Picabu at the Dolphin. You don't have to go for a long walk outside, or drive up to the food court. And that comes from staying at CSR last week and being trapped in our room during multiple thunderstorms. I was really longing to be at either the Swan or Dolphin as I watched the rain pour down so heavily people stayed in their cars instead of trying to get out and to their rooms.

correcaminos

The exterior doors at Disney makes it fantastic. Like at Alligator Bayou. Open the door to the world.
And it’s incredibly small. All so close to main area.
I'm sorry but that's just kool aid drinking there about the doors. I don't mind exterior doors (I love OKW) but I need some space to feel like it's a condo and not a motel - which is what exterior doors remind me of. As a solo traveler, an exterior door is more of a concern to me than interior doors. As to the other, I've measured and mapped out POFQ after someone questioned me on the size, and it's not quite as small as people think.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom