Swan of Caribbean Beach for Christmas ??

mikepal

Original Poster
Ok, so I already posted about our hotel choice and was set with booking the Swan over Port Orleans but with airfare being crazy I found we can book Caribbean Beach for about a $640.00 savings. I know they now have a new transportation system which I think my older kids (18&20) would use to venture out on their own which is why we were looking at the Swan *location. Thoughts and opinions on what you think would be best would be appreciated. Thanks....

Epcotfan21

I mean, I’m a big fan and proponent of the swan, but $640 is a lot of money.

I think deciding factor is going to be which parks are you going to spend the most time in and will the older kids mind not being able to walk to two parks or the boardwalk entertainment. If you’re spending the majority of your time at Epcot and Studios, to me Swan is the no brainer.

LUVofDIS

Remember that the Gondola's will be able to take you to EPCOT and HS from the Caribbean Beach by the time you visit. It will probably be a much nicer view and almost an attraction on it's own. Yeah, Yeah, many have already decided that the end of the world will be here as soon as they start operating, but in reality they will prove to be as good if not better transportation than any thing else Disney offers. Read my other reply on the other thread you created. Not sure if any of this helps but I gave it a shot.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Swan and Dolphin seem to have sky rocketed lately. I think they finally caught on to what a bargain they actually were a couple (to several) years ago. I still like them due to the "walk" factor. But $640 a night for a Westin (even over Christmas) is kind of crazy.

Epcotfan21

Swan and Dolphin seem to have sky rocketed lately. I think they finally caught on to what a bargain they actually were a couple (to several) years ago. I still like them due to the "walk" factor. But $640 a night for a Westin (even over Christmas) is kind of crazy.
I think you have to keep watching rates with them because they fluctuate. Case in point I was able to get the dolphin for $164 for two nights in November. The week before the rate was $260.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Bumping this because it's quite relevant to a trip I am planning in February and this uncharted territory for me. CBR has become very attractive to me now because of the skyliner, and truthfully location is number 1 or 2 on my priority list as far as resort location goes.

For those that have stayed at CBR, can you tell me a couple of pros and cons about this resort? The Swan is typically where I stay but its 400 bucks a night and CBR is going to be around 175 a night, so i am thinking or making the change. Thanks in advance!

iluvMainStMagic

A few add'l good points for CBR (in my opinion, of course :) -
~ If you are flying into Orlando (MCO), you can take Disney's Magical Express from MCO to your resort at no add'l charge.
~ The main areas (check-in, lobby, food court, pool bar area) have been updated very recently, and though I've not been since the work was finished, the pictures look very nice.
~Also, the rooms a bit bigger than the other Moderates.
[disclaimer - I have never stayed at either the Swan or Dolphin, so am not able to compare the two from a room/guest standpoint]

Worldlover71

For those that have stayed at CBR, can you tell me a couple of pros and cons about this resort? The Swan is typically where I stay but its 400 bucks a night and CBR is going to be around 175 a night, so i am thinking or making the change. Thanks in advance!

This may be a pro or a con depending on how you feel, but the CBR is a themed resort whereas the Swan is unthemed. Personally, while at Disney, a fun theme is a pro for me.

Another pro for CBR is that while you now have to pay for parking, there are no other resort fees like at the Swan.

Hula Baloo

The Swan is in a GREAT location. I stayed at Dolphin and Beach Club in May and loved that area. I haven't been to CBR, but have it booked for February 2020.

KIsAPrincess

We had a pirate room at CBR last summer through an express deal on Priceline ($105 a night). We loved the resort and actually spent more time there than at the parks. And this was during the construction. We stayed in Trinidad South and loved our room and location. I would stay there again no hesitation. (Especially if I can find a priceline deal like before.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom