Swan/Dolphin and reward programs

jharvey

Original Poster
I am jumping back into the rat race and, of course, my mind is drifting over to WDW. I book my own travel with my new company and am able to take advantage of reward programs. Can rewards points be redeemed at the Dolphin and Swan? Has anyone here done so?

Typically I have been a Choice Rewards member. However, if Sheraton (I think the company at least one of the two is owned by) does not blackout WDW, then yippee. Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions.

ThatBrunette

The Sheraton/Starwood company owns the Swan and Dolphin and they are operated as regular hotels. My friends stayed at the Swolfin in early April and used their points to book the room. I think they got a lot of their regular member perks.

The Swolfin guests are allowed Disney EMH and transportation perks. Oh, you also get daily bottles of water in the rooms.

jharvey

Original Poster
The Sheraton/Starwood company owns the Swan and Dolphin and they are operated as regular hotels. My friends stayed at the Swolfin in early April and used their points to book the room. I think they got a lot of their regular member perks.

The Swolfin guests are allowed Disney EMH and transportation perks. Oh, you also get daily bottles of water in the rooms.
Cool. From what I've seen, they appear to be well maintained and within a short distance of my favorite park (Epcot) and my DS favorite park (DHS).

Epcot82Guy

They are great hotels, bang for your buck. I just stayed at the Swan for a week last July. You do get Starwood Points and can use them (very new to all that - because of my Swan stay). I would recommend upgrading to a resort view room in either hotel, though (if view is something important to you). As a convention hotel, there are lots of rooms that unfortunately overlook rooftops or building corners.

Marc Gil

I am jumping back into the rat race and, of course, my mind is drifting over to WDW. I book my own travel with my new company and am able to take advantage of reward programs. Can rewards points be redeemed at the Dolphin and Swan? Has anyone here done so?

Typically I have been a Choice Rewards member. However, if Sheraton (I think the company at least one of the two is owned by) does not blackout WDW, then yippee. Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions.

I'm pretty sure you can use points. They are owned by Starwood/Sheraton. I stayed at the Dolphin last January. It was great! The hotel was clean and well maintained. It was too cold for the pool, but it looked really nice. The grounds were beautiful, and the rooms weren't bad! It was also a pretty good deal, I think it was somewhere in the vicinity of $240 a night. You have boat transportation to Epcot, DHS, and Boardwalk. You also get Disney shuttle service, and EMH. If you're into sushi I suggest walking over to the Swan to dine at Kimonos. They have great sushi, and the karaoke is always fun.

Zman-ks

Cool. From what I've seen, they appear to be well maintained and within a short distance of my favorite park (Epcot) and my DS favorite park (DHS).
75.gif

Very short trip to EPCOT ;)

AZDISNEYDVL

They will definitely take SPG points as the Swan is a Westin and the Dolphin is a Sheraton. If you are a Delta SkyMiles member with high standing, they were matching the levels with the SPG program as well. Go to SPG.com or Starwood.com and you should be able to find how many points they require for a night.

jakeman

Off the top of my head I think it's 10,000 points a night for the Swolphins. It's not cheap point-wise, but if you travel for a living and stay only in Starwoods it's chump change.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom