Swan, Dolphin and dining reservations

tommyboy12099

Original Poster
Hello all! We are approaching our 60 day time to make dining reservations, staying at the Dolphin. I was under the impression that I could book all of my dining on my first day of eligibility. I found conflicting information from several sources so was hoping someone would know. Is it a day by day booking at Swan and Dolphin or can I book my entire week of dining on that first eligible day? I reached out to Disney via chat and they said I SHOULD be able to book the entire stay but I MAY have to book over the phone. So three different scenarios :rolleyes: Hoping someone has a recent experience they could share with me so I can plan out my approach. Thank you

nickys

Premium Member
Hello all! We are approaching our 60 day time to make dining reservations, staying at the Dolphin. I was under the impression that I could book all of my dining on my first day of eligibility. I found conflicting information from several sources so was hoping someone would know. Is it a day by day booking at Swan and Dolphin or can I book my entire week of dining on that first eligible day? I reached out to Disney via chat and they said I SHOULD be able to book the entire stay but I MAY have to book over the phone. So three different scenarios :rolleyes: Hoping someone has a recent experience they could share with me so I can plan out my approach. Thank you
I know people who recently booked all their dining at 60 days whilst booked at the Dolphin.

For a while there seemed to be issues where reservations at the Swan Reserve we’re not being recognised by the dining system, and those guests had to call and have dining booked for them. Not sure if that was resolved or not.

DfromATX

While we ended up cancelling our previous trip due to a family emergency, we were booked at the Swan last January and I was able to book everything at once on my 60 day right at 6 a.m. Eastern (not a minute before though). Not only that, I wanted to eat at Todd English's Bluezoo and it was booked via Disney, but thanks to @Figgy1 pointing me to OpenTable I was able to snag a reservation!

We are giving it a go again and just bought our tickets a few minutes ago! This time we are booked at the Dolphin for January 2023! I'm so excited! We usually eat at the hotel on arrival and departure days. I'm already planning for the Fountain (late lunch) when we get there and Garden Grove for breakfast before we leave (if it's open by then).

Figgy1

Premium Member
While we ended up cancelling our previous trip due to a family emergency, we were booked at the Swan last January and I was able to book everything at once on my 60 day right at 6 a.m. Eastern (not a minute before though). Not only that, I wanted to eat at Todd English's Bluezoo and it was booked via Disney, but thanks to @Figgy1 pointing me to OpenTable I was able to snag a reservation!

We are giving it a go again and just bought our tickets a few minutes ago! This time we are booked at the Dolphin for January 2023! I'm so excited! We usually eat at the hotel on arrival and departure days. I'm already planning for the Fountain (late lunch) when we get there and Garden Grove for breakfast before we leave (if it's open by then).
You're welcome. The Fountain is an excellent choice for lunch and is usually a walk up:joyfull:

ToTBellHop

We just booked Dolphin today (canceled Beach Club and saved $1200, actually). We have park reservations linked to Beach Club so I need to link the Dolphin package to keep those reservations. However, when I try to link the booking, MDE can’t find it. I asked an agent and they said it could take 72 hours. Is this true or was he just trying to get me to end the chat?

If true, I hope the system doesn’t drop my park reservations. They’re for 12/30 and 12/31…I probably have some time before they sell out, but still, it’s a bit unsettling.

Sans Souci

We just booked Dolphin today (canceled Beach Club and saved $1200, actually). We have park reservations linked to Beach Club so I need to link the Dolphin package to keep those reservations. However, when I try to link the booking, MDE can’t find it. I asked an agent and they said it could take 72 hours. Is this true or was he just trying to get me to end the chat?

If true, I hope the system doesn’t drop my park reservations. They’re for 12/30 and 12/31…I probably have some time before they sell out, but still, it’s a bit unsettling.

It took my reservation about 24 hours before MDE recognized it.

zappy

I have heard you have to wait 48-72 hours to connect the reservation. It took the first time for me but I think I had waited almost a week. You'll get a warning email (I think) before anything is dropped from park pass so you're still good. Hope it works out for you :)

MickeyLuv'r

If you have AAA, I am fairly certain you still get a discount when eating at the S/D/SR. (at least for this year)

ToTBellHop

I have heard you have to wait 48-72 hours to connect the reservation. It took the first time for me but I think I had waited almost a week. You'll get a warning email (I think) before anything is dropped from park pass so you're still good. Hope it works out for you :)
So I got the warning email yesterday and texted Disney. They set up a “park planning pass” for me on MDE so I could keep the park reservations and then load up my actual park tickets when I receive them at check-in.

Then I was able to link the resort reservation today (took about 68 hours from booking). So, it all worked out.

Thanks for the assistance all. Never stayed here. But it costs half as much as Beach Club for NYE so I’m pretty pumped.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom