Swan and Dolphin

FutureCEO

Original Poster
Since Marriott closed on the Starwood deal last week, the Swan and Dolphin are officially part of Marriott.

Just wanted to create a thread if they were any changes?

rob0519

Since Marriott closed on the Starwood deal last week, the Swan and Dolphin are officially part of Marriott.

If the deal closed just last week, I would not anticipate too many customer facing changes in the first week or two, but this will be interesting to watch in the coming months.

bee

I got an email that I need to either merge my accounts or create a Marriott account and link them. I haven't had time to create my Marriott account yet but I'll post anything new I learn as I learn it.

lazyboy97o

The Marriott Rewards and Starwood Preferred Guest programs are still separate and will remain distinct until at least 2018. In the mean time, one can link their accounts and transfer points between the two programs.

Polydweller

Yep, from a branding point of view, not ownership. The way it works is that most hotels are not owned by the branding group. Tishman owns the Swan and Dolphin but has paid for a branding agreements with Starwood for Westin and Sheraton brands. Now the branding group is Marriott. Marriott is simply buying the branding agreements and any hotels directly owned by Starwood (not many probably).

It's just like the hotels that the group I have been a part of works. We own the various buildings and regularly review our branding agreements. Getting a branding agreement means agreeing to meet or exceed the brands quality standards etc. and to be part and recognize the brands loyalty program. So Tishman will either just decide to meet the Marriott requirements and continue with that branding or move to new branding (not likely).

The biggest impact that the public will see is likely the changes to the loyalty program mentioned in previous posts. If the Westin and Sheraton brands are retained by Mariott there may be no branding changes but just loyalty program.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom