Swan and Dolphin

jaw62901

I am still working on setting up my reservations from my trip I will be taken by myself Dec 26 to Jan 3. I want to make sure that I look at all possibilities before I put a deposit down on anything.

For those people who have stayed at either, what are they like.?Is this a place that a single person would enjoy?

Any information would be great

Thanks,

Jason

mightyduck

I stayed by myself at the Swan and found it to be wonderful! it is smaller than the Dolphin, and a little quieter. The amenities are great, but the best part of staying there was that it was close to Epcot, MGM, and the Boardwalk--head on into Jellyrolls and find a stool in the back. You'll have a blast! :)

Upvote 0

Sherm00

we staied at the dolphin last year in august, it' s in a great location, the boardwalk after hours is fantastic. and being able to take a late dinner in world showcase and walk back to your hotel room well after the park closes is just great.

Upvote 0

Mitzer

Although we haven't stayed at the Swan, we have been to the resort many times. It is just a lovely place to visit, so I would imagine the stay would be that much better. If you decide on either the Swan or the Dolphin, check out Sheraton's website. They run internet only specials there that are unbelievable and you can't get calling either the resort or Disney. Just a thought, since they were running a 189.00 a night special in early May (great room too!). The site may have better deals and save you tons of money versus calling...have a great trip with whichever you choose.

Upvote 0

mightyduck

Oh, right, Mitzer! That reminds me--check out Mousesavers.com for information about special rates at the Swan and Dolphin. Teacher and government rates (and I believe nurses and airline employees, too) are in the neighborhood of $129 a night. That's how this teacher can afford such a great room! :)

Upvote 0

Jeff D

Yup,

$129 for the standard room
$159 for the lake or garden view
$199 for the concierge rooms that all have a view of the park (at least what they told me)

I am glad that my wife is a teacher. We are going for the weekend in may and since we like to spoil ourselves every now and then we are going to stay in the concierge level room. I looked at the specials before I called and couldn't believe I cold get that room for $10 more than the standard room without the discounts except the internet special. If you really want to get blown away just ask reservations what the normal rates for these rooms are :eek:

Upvote 0

DCL

I haven't been fortunate enough to stay in the Swan or Dolphin YET... but in my opinion, they are the 2 most beautiful hotels on the property... they are amazing! It would be a great place to stay. I can't wait to try it out for myself

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom